+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Justicar tanking viability?

Default Justicar tanking viability?

Hi, so was wondering how viable justicar tanking is at 50 in experts and raids? also do people go 51 points deep or not?
    Im tired of my warrior reaver tanking and wanna make a cleric cuz it has all 3 roles. I wanna try leveling as justicar to get into the spec. Is this doable dmg wise and good for ganking encounters? should I use 2h or 1h+shield (cleric shields look kinda worthless but reading the skills i suppose i cant live without the block).
    Please leave some usefull information regarding this subject, also, wich healing build is best for warfronts, is it warden cuz its mobile?
    thanks in advance

I can't comment on its use at 50 but I can address your leveling questions.

Justicar damage seems adequate at low levels but by the late teens early 20s you can really tell you're just chipping away at things. Now, for quite a bit of the late 20s I was hanging with a friend or two and if you can get a DPS character to duo with you, you're golden. You will probably need to have your second spec be Shaman primary.

Incidentally, Justicars use shield FOR the block. I've heard mixed things about whether Justicars should use a 2 hander for more damage and thus threat generation but I've never had a problem with it. Justicar self heal is good for some extra threat. I think the classic term for this approach is curetanking.

At low levels I have found Purifier better than a 3rd melee soul. You can generate additional convictions with its life-based attacks and it has a 0 point shield (as opposed to going several points in for either the druid or shaman shield).

there is countless topics/guides/flaming in this cleric section regarding justicar tanking, use the search tool, rather pointless retyping what has been said a day or 2 ago

Banned

Simple answer: yes. They're probably the best tanks in the game. Search for more answers.

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    Simple answer: yes. They're probably the best tanks in the game. Search for more answers.
    Wrong.
    I guess it's not your fault that you've obviously never seen a real tank. Not a flame, but I have mates in guild that have been tanking for many years in many games, and you see a real difference with a pro tank
    Good Luck !!!
    "Do not impose on others what you yourself do not desire" Sun Tzu

And another thing. Having great armor/defense stats do not make a tank.
    The secret to a pro tank is one thing and one thing only.
    Holding agro........
    Good Luck !!!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Solafide View Post
    And another thing. Having great armor/defense stats do not make a tank.
    The secret to a pro tank is one thing and one thing only.
    Holding agro........
    Good Luck !!!
    Which isn't a problem for Justicar at all...

Banned

Wrong.
    I guess it's not your fault that you've obviously never seen a real tank. Not a flame, but I have mates in guild that have been tanking for many years in many games, and you see a real difference with a pro tank
    Good Luck !!!
    Let's see one of your pro warrior tanks be capable of being solo-healed through most T2 content. Good luck. Justicars can be tanks and off-healers at the same time. And they have nearly the same level of armor + more mitigation due to dodge/parry.
    Last edited by jMerliN; 03-25-2011 at 07:17 AM.

Let's see one of your pro warrior tanks be capable of being solo-healed through most T2 content. Good luck. Justicars can be tanks and off-healers at the same time. And they have nearly the same level of armor + more mitigation due to dodge/parry.
    It's not a debate and your dead wrong. I've healed both, and have a tank build myself. Clerics aren't tanks, no matter how you want to convince yourself they are.

But like i said, it's not your fault you've never seen a real tank, so you think there's some magic cleric build out there that can tank, there's not.

Justicar can hold threat?...lol

It's not a debate and your dead wrong. I've healed both, and have a tank build myself. Clerics aren't tanks, no matter how you want to convince yourself they are.

But like i said, it's not your fault you've never seen a real tank, so you think there's some magic cleric build out there that can tank, there's not.

It's clear you are set in your opinion but there's no need to be so harsh to others who disagree. I have seen some solid Cleric tanks. In regular dungeons, not in experts but I don't doubt it can be done. I think it would just take more skill to tank as a cleric than as a warrior.

Sword of Telara

10 yard penalty on Solafide for unnecessary ******baggery. Still fourth down.

Clerics can tank fine. The mathcrafters may say that a warrior takes X% less damage and produces Y% more threat, and who knows they may be right, but really who gives a **** as long as you clear the places. It's a game, get your shiny new loot and enjoy yourself.

They're viable in T1 but there are some problems... Nil toughness gear until T2 plaques are purchased. No toughness items drop in T1 for Justicar tanks that I've seen...

Plane Walker

The only issues Justicars face are ;

1. Ignorant people.
    2. Literally no tanking chain in T2's and next to none, or none, in T1's. I'm up to my first T2 vendor piece now. All plaques baby, all grind.

Banned

That's funny, we 1-shot every T2 with a cleric tank and almost never need one of our rogues to bard or mage to chloro and never, ever lose aggro, not even to our 1.1k dps rogues and 1.2k dps warrior.

You're living in a walled garden of self-gratifying god-complexes, and you're probably worse of a player for it.

Quote Originally Posted by hateful View Post
    The only issues Justicars face are ;

1. Ignorant people.
    2. Literally no tanking chain in T2's and next to none, or none, in T1's. I'm up to my first T2 vendor piece now. All plaques baby, all grind.
    Yep, itemization is the reason you don't see many of them. But once you buy enough toughness to tank T2s, it's all uphill from there.
    Last edited by jMerliN; 03-25-2011 at 08:16 AM.

Soulwalker

ive seen rogues and clerics outtank warriors in this game

+ Reply to Thread