+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druid-tree ( satyr question )

Default Druid-tree ( satyr question )

Im going up the druid-tree atm. I used to be mainly Justicar / Shaman, but so far it feels like im doing more dmg in druid-tree. Ive got the Greater Faerie now, and im curious about what abilities the Satyr have ?

Plane Touched

A single target attack and an AE melee attack. He does a lot more damage than the faerie though. Also has a 15%AP aura, that sadly doesn't do much for you(increases base AP instead of modified AP), but helps other ppl if you're grouped.
    Last edited by Pyros; 03-25-2011 at 02:06 AM.

Soulwalker

The Satry has 3 abilities (2 active 1 passive). He grants a 15% ap buff (base ap) to your group, has a basic attack and a cleave. The ap buff gives you, the cleric, next to nothing. The upcoming patch is changing this ability to a copy of the bard sp/ap motif which will be nice for soloing but overall useless in a raid situation since you'll never not have a bard. (This change also makes clerics less attractive for a raid slot, as if our comparatively poor dps wasn't already doing that)

As far as his attacks go, I've found that if hes left on autocast he doesn't actually do his 'rotation' correctly. He tends to hesitate before using his abilities and he doesn't cast his cleave if there isn't a second target around. His main attack has a 3 second cooldown on a 1.5 second global with his cleave having a 6 second cooldown as the same global, so I found that if I macro his abilities into my usual rotation I can increase my overall dps (though its slight).

While it's the worst offensive pet by far, the satyr does more damage than the greater faerie.

I still prefer having my fairie with me. She's cute and offsets my ugliness, and I like having a healbot.

Psy
    Shadowlander

He does a lot more damage than the faerie though.
    Wrong. Have you ever parsed? The GF does about 30 more dps.

The satyr is very good.

A cleave for aoe and a 15% buff for the whole raid. I see no problems with it. The 15% ap also works on the pet himself.

Going 51 druid with 10 in shaman and 5 in justicar

or going a hybrid Druid/Justicar spec for good dps and amazing HPS are both amazing in raid environments. Druids could use a decent buff in dps (75 - 150) dps but they are alright where they stand for being a support class that buffs melee.

>>> My Youtube Channel <<<
    >>> Creator of the Senticar Soul <<<
    No, I am arrogant,I do not care for you're feelings and 90% of my comments our trolls. The other 20% our from the heart and our to help spread the Love and Knowledge ;)

Soulwalker

With that 51 druid build, are you certain that the 5 points spent in Justicar are the highest dps upgrade? Compared to the 5% crit with spells (not sure what this game defines as a 'spell' for clerics) or 5% spellpower? (since your pet would scale from this as well)

edit: Looking at how Ap affects us, you're probably right with the Justicar points.
    Last edited by Thellian; 03-25-2011 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thellian View Post
    With that 51 druid build, are you certain that the 5 points spent in Justicar are the highest dps upgrade? Compared to the 5% crit with spells (not sure what this game defines as a 'spell' for clerics) or 5% spellpower? (since your pet would scale from this as well)

edit: Looking at how Ap affects us, you're probably right with the Justicar points.
    Yes it would be because you obtain the 5 point talent in justicar (Bolt) plus a tiny bit of healing.

5 on melee attacks is pretty huge and the spellpower is meh.

I means it's alright if you want to try it and the numbers wouldn't be much different but I prefer the justicar.

No, I am arrogant,I do not care for you're feelings and 90% of my comments our trolls. The other 20% our from the heart and our to help spread the Love and Knowledge ;)

Does he heal anything, or is he pure DPS ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vivvi View Post
    Does he heal anything, or is he pure DPS ?
    pure dps and buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Wrong. Have you ever parsed? The GF does about 30 more dps.
    Um, what? The satyr probably has the highest DPS of any pet on 5 pulls, honestly i don't know if Rangers/BMs get aoe pets... but the satyr does around 120dps (that's better than some 50 players I've met in pugs). Remember the better your gear gets, the better dps your pet will do.

anyhow, for support, druid/justi is one of the best and the combo is probably top solo for clerics as well. I normally go this for raid/group support.

For solo I go this
    A Justicar's path is not one of ease. But, hey, we do get to hit stuff.

Soulwalker

After testing the 51 pt druid build, I can't really say I find it to be higher dps than the heavy shaman mix.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...oz.Ex00t0c.Vxz

Dummy parses I've found the above build to be anywhere from 50 to 100 dps higher on average. I'll run a few more tests and see if I can go about posting some results.

There are, however, a few issues with the above buld. One being how amazingly crit reliant it seems to be. If you go for 6 or 12 seconds without a crit (and thus, without a Jolt proc) your dps heavily suffers for it. The other (and likely larger) issue is amazing poor pet survivability. Couple that with the 8 second resummon time and you're looking at irrecoverable dps loss in the event of your pets amazingly likely death.

To give you an example, I ran Exp AP last night and had my pet die from the debuff on Mr.Blood Crystal. Reluctantly I decided to resummon him only to discover that when I am made into a blood crystal, he despawns. Situations like this severely hurt this build and the truth is that the dps still pales in comparison to any decent warrior/rogue in equal or often times less gear.
    Last edited by Thellian; 03-25-2011 at 03:45 AM.

+ Reply to Thread