+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP healing (leveling) question

Shadowlander

Default PVP healing (leveling) question

Morning chaps,

Hope everyone is well on this fine day! (actually starting to get nice weather in the UK).
    Got a warrior main, but have re-rolled on guardian side to play with some real life mates - good little group consisting of a champ warrior, assasin Rogue and warlock mage.
    I've decided to go Cleric for Inquistitor dps, but need some help deciding what i should be speccing when i'm healing.
    For PVP should i be main speccing purifier or sentinel? Or even split the souls?

Cheers

Personally I found Purifier really durable and enjoyable .... but you haveto learn to weave in big 3s casts or else its not effective. I've found ways to implement it even in pugs where I get little to no coverage. But if your mates keep you clear and you got some sorts of communication (they don't range or los you) you can dump a lot of solid healing as 1.
    If you have previos experience and find the UI easy enough to track hots (which at this point I don't think it is, but if you are used to a build you get the "feel" for what's going on) .... a lot of people swear by Warden's and their HoTs ... since you got more mobility (down side is catching up if you don't have someone prehotted) ... although tbh a solid switch burst is hard to overcome in any regard.
    Personally i think you can make either work ... just see which fits more your playstyle ...
    I love bombing my teammates with a Caregiver or Fiery up ... cause the enemey gets reckless when they spot the kill and ignore a lot of important small details (or straight up tunnel vision ;P). at 40 I can bomb for about 2k+ heals which is more than 50% for some people. ITs fun seing 3 players crowded on someone struggling for the kill as they start falling 1 by 1 and his hp goes from 30-50% to 80-full
    At lvl 40gap being the healer (at low 41/42) I feel I can sway a lot in the game .... and verry little when the other team finds out they can't kill whoever I heal but they can kill me ... cause pugs don't know how to peel/protect healers.

Shadowlander

Cheers mate, thanks for the response - will try that tonight after i've picked up Puri.
    How far up the Puri tree should i be going do you suggest?

+ Reply to Thread