+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sick of this

Default Sick of this

Alright, so my guild is actually in Greenscale ATM and I just don't know how to deal with the situation I am in. I'm asking you guys for some help.

I play RIFT to have fun and I have fun playing a support cleric. That means Justiciar/Shaman. I know we aren't the greatest at DPS on single targets but still, when there is 3 + targets we can easily be in the top 3. The thing is, my guild master wants me to heal. I am in a great guild, peoples are nice, but arguing with the guild master just doesn't sound like a good idea and I just don't know how to convince him that Justiciar/Shaman is usefull. I can be a good healer but I'm already an excellent support player. He just doesn't seem to understand this, and I can't even show him how I play support because even for T2's he wants me to heal...

Theres a big 2 hander mace that dropped from 1 boss last night in GreenScale and it just went to a healer...who THEN respecced druid, but I told him from day 1 when I got in the guild that I wanted to play a melee cleric. I wanted to ****ing cry when this happened and I didn't have the balls to send him a tell because. I was way too angry to even think of something smart to say. I am in a frustrating situation and I seriously don't know what to do. I don't feel like getting geared for healing, its not what I want to do, and this guild is just too good for me to leave.

What should I do ? What should I say/show to him ?
    Last edited by Emezim; 03-25-2011 at 12:23 AM.
    The ode lives upon the ideal, the epic upon the grandiose, the drama upon the real

ROFL you really have to ask this? Just dump them and go find someone else. If my guild leader did that I'd tell him and his crappy druid girlfriend to take a long walk off a short pier.

Edit: But I'm a jerk. So maybe you should ummm... Try to find an optimal dps spec, run a parse then shove it down his throat? Just send a tell to your champs saying "Look, I'm trying to impress the gleader so I need you to kinda tone it down a bit..."
    Last edited by rakhana; 03-25-2011 at 12:29 AM.
    I'm too scurred to list my toons

Rift Chaser

Cool

Did u guys have a roll off for the weapon? Or was it just given to him/her? Just try to remind your gm that you are a main melee dps cleric. Most GM's are usually pretty cool about the reminders, because they can and do forget sometimes. Do they have an option to make a note on ur guild status as melee dps main spec? There are ways around it and sometimes during raids people get passed over, but if there was no roll for the loot and it was just handed to someone, then yeah, that was wrong. Most guilds usually have some kinda loot system in place, and hey, some dont! Cant really tell, but it seems like the best thing to do is approach your gm when he/she has some down time to listen to your side/role in the guild. Sorry for the wall o text, just trying to see both sides of the issue. GM's are there to listen, not just to yell at you (lol minus 50 dkp! )

Rift Disciple

Sounds like your guild isnt as good as you think it is. If you lost a roll and the weapon went to the other cleric then ok yeah thats annoying but still fair. if it was just givin to them and you never had a chance at it then you were robbed.

No matter how you look at it you need to yell at your GM and talk some sense into them or find a new guild. If you have been a melee cleric since day one that means you were a melee cleric before you joined the guild and they should have known what they were getting. Asking someone to do something totally different then what they want to do is just selfish. They have no right to do it.

I would keep a healer role handy just in case for example if your main healer disconnects mid dungeon or whatever. But yeah dont let anyone force you into doing something you dont want. it is a game after all your supposed to be there to have fun. If you dont want to heal just dont do it.

Rift Disciple

If your GM refuses to accept you in the role you wish to play, you need to find a new guild. End of story.

Rift Disciple

I left Vanguard because my Guild Leader handed over a cleric shield to another cleric in the guild w/o a roll on it. A server first shield I might add. I was pretty mad. I think the whole guild disbanded after that affair.....

The guild is supposed to be there for you, as well as you being there for it.

Plane Walker

**** that ****. You play what you want. Do your friends tell you who you can date and what job you can take? I mean technically you can date or take just about ANY girl or job but that doesn't mean you have too. The GM is a loser who wants a healer-slave to server his DPS drones.
    "Ye have the stench of WoW about ya boy! It's the foul odor of sour e-peen and DPS parsers! Cleanse yourself first and then we'll talk!"

So seems like you're guild isn't good enough, or at least you're guild master.

You should leave the guild and go to another guild, don't stay in a place when

people doesn't respect you and you're choices.

Prophet of Telara

...we had the complete opposite problem on gsb, we had too much heal and not enough dps^^ so 2 of our clerics had to spec dps.

but really, if the guild needs a healer, and regardless of how good your build is, you can offer this healing and not someone else i would expect you to heal too.

and in regards to the drop, they are a-holes, the moment they decided that you wont even roll you should have left them.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Emezim View Post
    I don't feel like getting geared for healing, its not what I want to do, and this guild is just too good for me to leave.
    Who cares how good they are if you're not able to enjoy yourself? I guarantee if you're forced into a role that you don't want, you will quickly become bitter and not want to play at all.

Shadowlander

In RL work, you have to do what your boss tells you because most of us need to earn a living. Even then, most people end up leaving their job if their manager or the work environment is unpleasant.

This, in on the other hand, is a fantasy world where you're supposed to play, have fun and be whatever the heck you wanna be. Don't ever be too attached to any guild - no matter how accomplished - because even the most uber of these can suddenly blow up in a day (I've been in enough of them)...and its like they never existed (fantasy, remember?).

I've always found it more productive to create a network of lasting friendships in the game. Friends (even if they're guilded somewhere else) will always group with you. Friends know other friends who can get you guest spots in raids if you're unguilded. Friends know friends who can make you that purple crafted item. You'll never really lack for anything and you'll get to see all the game content as long as you establish a rep for being a good player and people think well of you.

You don't really need a guild unless it's a really good place to be and your contribution - in whatever form it takes - is valued.

Now go and smack something! Cheers!

Be a team player. The raid will be there next week.

Plane Walker

Personally I wouldnt be in a guild that didnt respect my playstyle and choice of roles/souls. Now sure, if the guild needs a healer for a dungeon one night and no one else is available, thats understandable, but thats not fair to ask of someone on an ongoing basis. If you wanted to be a pure healer, you would be, and if they really wanted a healer they would have rolled one themselves. I mean, any mage could be a chloro and any rogue could be a bard.
    Last edited by Ceol; 03-26-2011 at 01:05 PM.
    Eol, Chloromancer and Justinian, Inquistor, Guardians of Faeblight.
    Previous incarnations include: Camring and Camran, SWTOR; Ceol & Duri - LotRO; Eol - L2; Kili - WoW; Camring - SWG; Justinian, Camring - DAoC

Champion

OP, you're obviously the type of person who gets walked on, so I suggest you just switch to full heals, wait for the other clerics in your raids/guild to get geared, then take the left overs. I mean... That's what you're gonna do anyway, right?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Emezim View Post
    Alright, so my guild is actually in Greenscale ATM and I just don't know how to deal with the situation I am in. I'm asking you guys for some help.

I play RIFT to have fun and I have fun playing a support cleric. That means Justiciar/Shaman. I know we aren't the greatest at DPS on single targets but still, when there is 3 + targets we can easily be in the top 3. The thing is, my guild master wants me to heal. I am in a great guild, peoples are nice, but arguing with the guild master just doesn't sound like a good idea and I just don't know how to convince him that Justiciar/Shaman is usefull. I can be a good healer but I'm already an excellent support player. He just doesn't seem to understand this, and I can't even show him how I play support because even for T2's he wants me to heal...

Theres a big 2 hander mace that dropped from 1 boss last night in GreenScale and it just went to a healer...who THEN respecced druid, but I told him from day 1 when I got in the guild that I wanted to play a melee cleric. I wanted to ****ing cry when this happened and I didn't have the balls to send him a tell because. I was way too angry to even think of something smart to say. I am in a frustrating situation and I seriously don't know what to do. I don't feel like getting geared for healing, its not what I want to do, and this guild is just too good for me to leave.

What should I do ? What should I say/show to him ?
    You can go outside and get a girlfriend. Her drops are much more epic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast