+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Solo PvE Leveling: Don't bother debuffing/purging your single targets? Wastes GCD?

Plane Touched

Question Solo PvE Leveling: Don't bother debuffing/purging your single targets? Wastes GCD?

It normally takes me 3 GCDs to get:
    - Purge
    - Spiritual Deficiency
    - Luminous Gaze

Noticed that Spiritual Deficiency normally increases my crit dmg by 50 at Level 30+. However, I'm not sure whether I'm killing the mobs any faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurumsolis View Post
    It normally takes me 3 GCDs to get:
    - Purge
    - Spiritual Deficiency
    - Luminous Gaze

Noticed that Spiritual Deficiency normally increases my crit dmg by 50 at Level 30+. However, I'm not sure whether I'm killing the mobs any faster.
    I'm lvl 28 with Inq as my main build and I only use S. Def on elites or if the mob has tons of health and I have nothing better to do. Other than that it's a waste since my fights are short anyways.
    Rift

Yeah, purge is really a waste... I mean, what mobs are you fighting that you couldn't kill without purging first(non-elite)?

If I use Excommunicate to knockback, I'll follow up with Impede, which gives enough of a snare for me to get out 1 BoJ... but that's really about it in terms of "debuffs".

I'll hit Spiritual Def on elites, but nothing else I'm fighting is really giving me any grief enough to make me think I need to make them take damage faster...

I'm running a lv40 inq/cab(10)/sent(5), and find myself tearing through groups of mobs solo.

Less frill, more direct damage, imho.

The only time I use Spiritual Deficiency on non-elites is when soloing minor rifts. It helps give that extra oomph to get past stage three. Other than that, it's a waste of time.
    Jolly fat people are living proof that it is not possible to "laugh your *** off", though we're trying...

Ascendant

Deficiency is a paltry 7% increase. Worth it on something like a big elite or a boss, but not on normal mobs.

Purge can come in handy if it's one of the rare mobs that has a snare-inducing poison, or those frequent invasion leaders that have the AoE snare/damage attack -- you can purge those off. But just general trash buffs (slightly increased damage/health) aren't worth purging.

Plane Touched

If you assume that gcds are of equal value when killing a mob (in reality they aren't, you frontload your damage normally), a 7% increase in damage requires at least 15 gcds to recover the damage lost by casting it in the first place. 15 gcds for clerics equates to 22.5 seconds.

I don't know if any xp mob fight ever lasts that long. Even when AoEing 4 mobs at once, at most they take the time between 2 soul drains, so ~13 seconds.

If it's an elite or a high hp mob, go for your life. Otherwise, not worth it.

I personally only use purge on mobs that use shields; given that our shields are worth around 1k hp at high level it seems well worth it to purge them rather than dps them.

Rift Master

purge is amazing in PVP, in PVE its situational.

5% crit is multiplied by how many characters and pets are attacking that opponent, its not that strong solo...

+ Reply to Thread