+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Inquisitor Inquiries

Xii

Arrow Inquisitor Inquiries

Hey all,

looking for some help with my lv 50 Inq. Trying to maximize my dps in experts, need a little help:

1. Armor of Devotion or Treachery? I didn't talent for Devo after copying the spec of someone on these forums (can't remember who now), but in application I don't have any way of knowing that Treachery is better. Is it?

which brings me to my next question...

2. Should I take crit rating and int over wis and spell power to a certain crit percentage or even point blank? It seems like crit is an extremely important stat, but is it more important than wis/sp?

3. Fanaticism. Use it every single time it's off CD, or save it for instant BoD procs?

4. I have 10 points in Sentinel and Cabalist each (10/10/46). Is it ever worth adding Life's Vengeance, Banish or Distorted Shadows to my rotation? I only Decay/Oblit when I want mana from Sigil of Power.

5. What are your rotations for trash/AoE vs boss fights? Do you ever Soul Drain on single target fights (I have talented Soul Drain- does this stack with Spiritual Deficiency?)

Thanks~

Quote Originally Posted by Xii View Post
    Hey all,

looking for some help with my lv 50 Inq. Trying to maximize my dps in experts, need a little help:

1. Armor of Devotion or Treachery? I didn't talent for Devo after copying the spec of someone on these forums (can't remember who now), but in application I don't have any way of knowing that Treachery is better. Is it?

which brings me to my next question...

2. Should I take crit rating and int over wis and spell power to a certain crit percentage or even point blank? It seems like crit is an extremely important stat, but is it more important than wis/sp?

3. Fanaticism. Use it every single time it's off CD, or save it for instant BoD procs?

4. I have 10 points in Sentinel and Cabalist each (10/10/46). Is it ever worth adding Life's Vengeance, Banish or Distorted Shadows to my rotation? I only Decay/Oblit when I want mana from Sigil of Power.

5. What are your rotations for trash/AoE vs boss fights? Do you ever Soul Drain on single target fights (I have talented Soul Drain- does this stack with Spiritual Deficiency?)

Thanks~
    My opinion:
    1.) Personally, I go for consistency over "praying for a proc" any day. Crits are something we wait around for- I don't ever go into a spec "based" around crit damage. We have a bit of an edge with a guaranteed crit(Fanaticism), but it's only a single shot... I'd want to hand out death with an even hand;)

2.) Refer back to #1. Again, just me- but I prefer guaranteed damage that I can deal out evenly, versus spike damage coming from a crit hit that I can't always see coming.

3.) If you have Life and Death Concord up to 5 points, should never be too much of a wait for BoD; it seems to proc pretty often... I would say unless you KNOW L&D just proc'd, and you're waiting on the 6 second CD, to wait for that heavy hit.

4.) No, no, and no. Banish and LV work well for heal spec'd clerics using "target of target" to help with trash, but as a heavy-spec'd inq, I'd save my GCD's for BoJ/Sanction Heretic spams, getting the BoD instant proc. Shadows is a channeled skill with hideous damage scaling; ignore it.

Again, just my two lucky coins ;) Good hunting!

Always good to see some theorycrafting running around. I have similar question.

What would be a good stat priority

Spellpower > Wisdom > Int > Crit ?

Not sure what the "Hit" equivalent in this game is, possibly focus?

Perhaps max Focus > Spellpower > Wisdom > Int > Crit

Xii

Malvolio, Focus is our equivalent of hit. A mage in-game told me that the thresholds needed are something along the lines of:

50 focus T1
    100 T2
    200 T3 (Greenscale)

If someone wants to clarify this please go ahead. I didn't include any questions about focus as I already knew that being focus capped is more important than any other stat, and hopefully the information I was given is correct.

Your suggestion about stat weights sounds like it should be correct but just like with choosing what armor to go with, I'm hoping someone has some ideas based on in-game data or testing.

Hawkmoon, thanks very much for your response, good perspective and that at least clears up some doubts about my rotation.

Soulwalker

I'm using the Devotion Armor, as 3% will account for more damage from higher Corporal Punishement uptime, and the bonus to endurance does augment your survivability a bit.

Plane Touched

Crit is better than consistent damage for leveling. You'll barely notice if you overkill by a small amount, but a crit spell will save you a spell cast. For raid level stuff, chances are you are going to be specced into atleast double, and possibly triple +20% crit damage, so again, crit seems more desirable to damage.

Single target damage is based largely around proccing death bolts from BoJ. Don't waste time using spells that won't proc it, other than vex which does a large amount of damage thanks to +50% in the inq tree.

Focus>Crit>SP>Wisdom>Int

Fully raid buffed I have over 1100 SP and almost 700 crit.

Xii

Thanks, keep the replies coming!

Looking at my talents it's just occurred to me, if crit is so important, has anyone gone 11 points into Sen for Luminous Gaze? Might it be worth taking?

Soulwalker

Looking at my talents it's just occurred to me, if crit is so important, has anyone gone 11 points into Sen for Luminous Gaze? Might it be worth taking?
    I do agree it might be worth taking. problem is it only lasts 15 sec and half the time it gets taken off before the 15 sec is up. Along with that to keep the debuff on target.. you would have less and less BoJ and in turn less BoD. you would use more time keeping a none dmg'ing debuff and not have a good trade off with loss of dmg.

After this being said ... my spec is main inq with a little bit in sab/cab. now for raiding i would not have any idea. But my best choice would be take it and use it for all the casters in the in the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Teshocker View Post
    I do agree it might be worth taking. problem is it only lasts 15 sec and half the time it gets taken off before the 15 sec is up. Along with that to keep the debuff on target.. you would have less and less BoJ and in turn less BoD. you would use more time keeping a none dmg'ing debuff and not have a good trade off with loss of dmg.

After this being said ... my spec is main inq with a little bit in sab/cab. now for raiding i would not have any idea. But my best choice would be take it and use it for all the casters in the in the party.
    Can someone discuss the difference between a Inquis/Cab/x 51/15/0 build and a Inquis/Cab/Sent 46/10/10 build?

Basically, it looks like the 36 root buffs two of the most important Inquis spells, so it might be worth it to just load up to 51.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

In a 5 man situation it may be worth taking, but in a raid their is usually always someone who has something that overrides every inquisitor debuff. Archons for example override our 7% magical debuff with theirs.

Rift Disciple

Im also happy to such a thread about Inq roations and stuff. I had a Specc with Luminous gaze but without Cabba (since i allways go 51 Inq) i had huge mana problems during boss fights, and had to use pots allrdy on some t1 bosses and usually u got a rogue or some1 else with critt debuff. Atm im 51/10/5 Inq/Cab/Sent i think 10% Spellpower along with the +Damage Talents from Cab and niceley scaling SH/Vex is worth the points and the instant heal saved my life for more than once.

Usually i try to keep debuff and SH/Vex on Bosses all the time expect if som1 else can do the debuff then i skip it. Then BoJ spam and situational drains/obliberate. Seems to be the best rotation for me, but dont know any1 have some ideas how to improve this ?

My stats prio is:

Focus (as much as needed nothing more) > Wis > SC > SP > Int

But since i play 8+ Cab i think probably SC is worth more than wis, still not sure cause wis gives also nice amount of SP.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    Can someone discuss the difference between a Inquis/Cab/x 51/15/0 build and a Inquis/Cab/Sent 46/10/10 build?

Basically, it looks like the 36 root buffs two of the most important Inquis spells, so it might be worth it to just load up to 51.
    My thoughts on the Inq/cab 51/15/0.
    I dont feel that the extra 5 points will help your dps at all. If you put it into Entropy, it helps with your 3 dots by 5%. (not a bad idea). Or Explosive Energies but only works for AOE pulls. What about bosses you say? In the experts I have done, it was target mob 1 then 2 and so on. Not much room for AOE stuff but in trash pulls. Now for the spells you get for putting 15 points into it. Getting up to 8 points is something I think all caster Clerics should do. With Aggressive Renewal and the Sigil of Power you cant run out of mana. Anything after that is not so use full after have already spent the points in Clinging Spirit and Circle of Oblivion in the Inq tree. Last the useless spells. Not one time have I found use for Bewilder or Lethargy in solo running. if I pull over 5 I will die. If 5 or under I just AOE them down and the debuffs will just go away after any dmg has been done to them.

As for the Inq/cab/sent 46/10/10

I think its a good solid build for expert runs, soloing, or rolling with friend(s). You have two heals that you can spam at a good rate (has saved many lives in dungeons and questing for me). You can buff anyone with 40 endurance (not too big of deal seeing everyone can). Dont have to change specs just to rez... but that is not a big deal either really.

This two specs are not too far apart. both have great AOE, mana gain, can heal yourself in some way other than Vex, and aggro reduction. Just a few points I can think of.

As of right now I use the 46/10/10. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10jdo.V0x.Evoigx0qz.V0V">Sentinel (10) / Inquisitor (46) / Cabalist (10)</a>

In no way am I telling you or anyone how to spec. Just want to help out the people looking and asking. I am not the best at this, but any input on what I have said would be great.
    Last edited by Teshocker; 03-25-2011 at 12:59 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gr33nsurfer View Post
    Im also happy to such a thread about Inq roations and stuff. I had a Specc with Luminous gaze but without Cabba (since i allways go 51 Inq) i had huge mana problems during boss fights, and had to use pots allrdy on some t1 bosses and usually u got a rogue or some1 else with critt debuff. Atm im 51/10/5 Inq/Cab/Sent i think 10% Spellpower along with the +Damage Talents from Cab and niceley scaling SH/Vex is worth the points and the instant heal saved my life for more than once.
    Are you getting your 3 stacks for Lurking Decay before you use your Obliterate with Sigil of Power on? Also something I found is if you cast Sigil of Power on your self a good 2 min before any boss. The cool down for Sigil of Power will be up and you can use it 2 times in a boss fight only after Obliterate comes of cool down (all of a min). Dont use your mana things back to back. try to give some space so you will only have a min to wait for next mana battery.

Hope it helps... happy hunting

Default My personal setup.

I have grown fond of Armor of Devotion in my DPS builds.

I find the +50 Endurance comes in handy in the survival aspect, as someone else had mentioned. As of now with armor penetration bugs rampant and that you probably shouldn't be getting hit via melee or physical attacks much, an extra 200ish armor isn't the same as ~500 hps considering AEs and DoTs in both PvE/PvP.

Sure, it's a random chance and only 3%, but when coupled with +spell crit and other modifiers I often have 7-8 crits in a row with how I have my build. It is mainly support/dps /off-heals.

Code:
    Inquisicar
    Inquisitor: 41
    Justicar: 14
    Sentinel: 11
    This gives you Righteous Mandate to toss on the tank or off-tank depending on the situation in a dungeon crawl or while rift-roaming... I use this build in PvP as well when we have enough healers and toss it on one of the wardens / sents to make sure they have some extra padding to deal with sabs since I can usually be at full health unless focused or singled out by a champ/pyro. Tonight I was at 109k dmg and 104k healing in Port Scion with a pretty decent group of players (I assume some of them were pre-made and on vent because we won several times) with sub-par gear, to say the least. I just started getting into doing experts and ran this exact spec and did fairly well. Only died to whas-is-face in LH that drops the burning crystals and fears people. They need to fix that because being feared over a crystal and then BACK over the crystal and then BACK over the crystal is just stupid (3x~2800dmg or so).

As for Fanaticism, I pop it on AE pulls before Soul Drain followed up by Circle of Oblivion as it can be "prepped" while SD is going off/being cast. If the tanks have just charged at a group, I'll cast it followed by circle of oblivion instead. Just depends on how the pulling is for your group at the time... For single targets and bosses I will wait until L&D Concord procs from my rotation and then cast it with a single key (pressing it twice. shing! boom!) which is easy enough to make.

Shing! Boom!

Granted that was at 50 and on the final invasion boss of Freemarch which I think is level 20? lol... anyway...

As for spell crit vs. wisdom vs. spell power vs. focus I'm not exactly sure. I have 714 Spell Power, 380-415 Spell Crit (depending on my gear set-up at the time) and 79ish Focus and I do ok. It's definitely more utilitarian / support in its play style. You will be enhancing everyone else's dps while putting out some that is respectable.

My rotations:
    Single
    1. Spiritual Deficiency
    ....Impede*
    2. Luminous Gaze
    3. Banish*
    4. Vex
    5. Sanction Heretic - Fanaticism, Bolt of Depravity if proc occurs
    6. Bolt of Radiance*
    7. Life's Vengeance
    8. 2-7 while spacing heals as necessary

All of this is instant cast, so it can be done on the move and won't weigh you down with pesky casting times. However, if pushing the envelope I will just spam BoD as I've heard others who've done preliminary testing state that it's more dps than BoJ and praying for a proc. This is also why I haven't spent any points in Castigation. This rotation also gives you your convictions if you need to toss out the group heals. Banish, unfortunately doesn't give conviction as it doesn't damage them when it is cast. I wonder if this could be looked in to. It may be difficult to code convictions on the initial cast and not the subsequent ticks because that could be over-powered. Endless convictions pretty much.

AE
    1. Fanaticism
    2a. Soul Drain
    2b. Prep Circle of Oblivion during cast
    2c. set targeting of circle
    3. Circle of Oblivion
    4. Soul Drain

At this point, any 3-4 pull will be dead or dying. Hit the last few mobs with SH or LV / Vex or just cast another circle. You will be deafened by the off-healing Salvation/Reparation/RM do. Be sure to use Divine Pardon if you draw too much agro which can happen in this situation. It isn't efficient to use SD on single targets as it is best used on ~4 (I think, don't have numbers to back it up). I've gotten 1185 x 4 x 4 once with 4 targets. That's 18960 damage in 2 seconds AND ~11k healing (mostly overhealing). Doesn't happen all the time. My average is 875-93 with a middle-high of 953-1005, and a high 1185-1263 when used this way - variations because of buffs but I hope it gives you a rough idea considering my gear.

I haven't noticed if SD stacks with... SD, (lol.. Spiritual Deficiency and Soul Drain) as I'm usually not debuffing, but going straight for dmg/healing in AE fights (see above). I do know from other variations of this arch-type that Humility and Impede do not stack, but those are snares.. so.

You have Aggressive Renewal and Purpose to fill your mana up on those single trash pulls or maybe to start off before an ae. (yes, I do melee sometimes for that extra bit from censure )

In all, this build is quite resilient and a well-rounded combination I find. It does a little bit of everything but not a whole lot of one thing. You can get top DPS / kills / heals / dmg / etc in warfronts, but it largely depends on the makeup and gear level of those you are with. And in dungeons it seems to work smoothly with a balanced group. Apologies for the long post, but I've been playing this build since around level 20ish and this is just my personal usage and experiences with it. Suggestions and comments are welcomed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast