+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bewilder is seriously under used!

Telaran

Default Bewilder is seriously under used!

I can't even count how many times this has saved my life!

Yet since I've been playing (I'm now level 39) I've been bewildered once! Now this is great for me really since I often heal and it would be distruptive to me. But really crowd control in this game in pvp isn't used to its full extent at all yet.

When that warrior that just won't die, even though 6 of you mindless dps zombies are beating on him dies, it's probably because I've bewildered the healer that's been following him around.

I get this is probably happening because players haven't settled into their roles yet but I just want to spread the word about crowd control. I'm not saying everyone plays like this but most the pugs I join people just chase the dude with the massive weapon or shooting fireballs.

Anyone else feel it's like this?

Is it people just caring more about big numbers and testing dps, Is it better in warfronts at 50?

Quote Originally Posted by kataal View Post
    I can't even count how many times this has saved my life!

Yet since I've been playing (I'm now level 39) I've been bewildered once! Now this is great for me really since I often heal and it would be distruptive to me. But really crowd control in this game in pvp isn't used to its full extent at all yet.

When that warrior that just won't die, even though 6 of you mindless dps zombies are beating on him dies, it's probably because I've bewildered the healer that's been following him around.

I get this is probably happening because players haven't settled into their roles yet but I just want to spread the word about crowd control. I'm not saying everyone plays like this but most the pugs I join people just chase the dude with the massive weapon or shooting fireballs.

Anyone else feel it's like this?

Is it people just caring more about big numbers and testing dps, Is it better in warfronts at 50?

considering the number of times i am cced out of being able to do anything and then death, i would say its used quite a bit.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Quote Originally Posted by kataal View Post
    Yet since I've been playing (I'm now level 39) I've been bewildered once!
    I'm often bewildered, I think it's old age.
    Guild Leader of Serenity on Bloodiron EU PvP
    I blog at http://stabbedup.blogspot.com/

Best use for this skill is putting it on a shard carrier in Whitefall warfront, then just waiting for your other 10 buddies to get there and take him out .

I use it quiet a bit, but I wish it was instant cast and made the cooldown longer, can't really use it in a pinch like the AoE fear. Oh well, it's still a kick *** CC for sure.
    Bye Bye Rift. Say hi to Pyros.

Ascendant

Problem is that Bewilder breaks on damage. Only way you get the full use out of it is if nobody is touching the target.

And that's hard to coordinate in warfronts or world PvP.

Even soloing, its use is limited, because Inquis relies so heavily on Vex and Sanction. Heck, even BoD applies a dot if you take the talent (which you should, 30% more damage on a Fanaticism'd BoD is sexy).

I use it a lot while questing when I get an extra mob. Like someone else said, it really should have a shorter cast time since it's not really a great cc being only 8 secs long and is more of an "oh sh*t" spell.
    "Well, my days of not takin' ya seriously are certainly comin' to a middle." ~Capt Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Stabsy View Post
    I'm often bewildered, I think it's old age.
    There's a guild on the Defiant side of Greybriar that might be able to help.

As for belwilder, it looks like a decent PvP option and one of the oh #$@%, short term CC options for PvE.
    Last edited by HighFive; 03-24-2011 at 11:50 PM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

+ Reply to Thread