+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions about healing mechanics

Soulwalker

Default Questions about healing mechanics

As a cleric specced as purifier/sentinel, I was wondering what I should be looking for stat wise to improve my heals. I've taken off gear and put it back on to see if anything was affecting base numbers, but nothing that I can see is changing the amount healed. Does spellpower affect healing at all? The mouseover tool tip says it increases damaging abilities, but I was wondering if there was possibility that it could affect the amount a heal crits for or something like that. If a pro could break it down that would be excellent! Thank you!

Hullo to you. Generally stacking wisdom, spell crit and spell power is the way to go!
    Styrr - Bahmi Cleric - Firesand

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Maewyns View Post
    As a cleric specced as purifier/sentinel, I was wondering what I should be looking for stat wise to improve my heals. I've taken off gear and put it back on to see if anything was affecting base numbers, but nothing that I can see is changing the amount healed. Does spellpower affect healing at all? The mouseover tool tip says it increases damaging abilities, but I was wondering if there was possibility that it could affect the amount a heal crits for or something like that. If a pro could break it down that would be excellent! Thank you!
    the base numbers on ability tooltips are static, they don't reflect your stats or gear contribution.

spellpower and spellcrit will contribute however (int and wisdom)
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Soulwalker

Thank you very much for the replies.

Can I assume that spellpower just affects base healing then?

Spellpower is a number.

Your heal has a base value at any given rank. Each spell uses a modification of the spellpower number to supplement this base value. With talents, this spellpower "co-efficient" can sometimes be modified. Long cast spells usually have a far larger spellpower coefficient than instant, or shorter cast spells. This means that long cast spells generally benefit more from spellpower and "scale" better, as you attain better gear.

This also means that long cast spells become even more mana efficient per point of damage/healing done as gear improves.

Spell base value x spell power modifier + (talent/synergy effects) = final value of spell

^ That is a horribly simplified formula, and I do not claim to know the formula/formulae used in Rift's code.

A critical hit does final value x critical damage %. This may be 150%, 180% etc. dependant on talents.
    Last edited by Ephelaeth; 03-24-2011 at 04:31 PM.
    Styrr - Bahmi Cleric - Firesand

Soulwalker

You are most excellent!

+ Reply to Thread