+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Clerics who refuse to heal?

Shadowlander

Default Clerics who refuse to heal?

Warrior main, mage alt here.....noticing a trend. Clerics who refuse to heal, and I quote 'I'm dps. OR I can tank or dps. OR I'll tank it.' WTH. Clerics are THE heal archtype. Rogue and mage can do in a pinch and are great for offhealing. If this is a trend trion needs to give warriors a heal soul and mages a tank soul. Two off healers = a Cleric. Bard + chloro works great. Rogues and Clerics are the only ones who can do all 3 of the 3 group roles. Some of you clerics need to come to group prepared to heal. If we want a dps we'll find us a dps'r. If we want a tank we'll find us a warrior. Sorry for the rant if you're a cleric who's willing to heal. For those of you who refuse to heal a group. I hope you never come to me for xp/gear because unless a dps or tank is needed and you're my only viable resource you're not gonna get any love from this player.

Soulwalker

If the cleric has a DPS spec they prob will be doing little healing... Some people like using Clerics for DPS because it gives more versatility and can adapt to the situation.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dvious1 View Post
    Warrior main, mage alt here.....noticing a trend. Clerics who refuse to heal, and I quote 'I'm dps. OR I can tank or dps. OR I'll tank it.' WTH. Clerics are THE heal archtype. Rogue and mage can do in a pinch and are great for offhealing. If this is a trend trion needs to give warriors a heal soul and mages a tank soul. Two off healers = a Cleric. Bard + chloro works great. Rogues and Clerics are the only ones who can do all 3 of the 3 group roles. Some of you clerics need to come to group prepared to heal. If we want a dps we'll find us a dps'r. If we want a tank we'll find us a warrior. Sorry for the rant if you're a cleric who's willing to heal. For those of you who refuse to heal a group. I hope you never come to me for xp/gear because unless a dps or tank is needed and you're my only viable resource you're not gonna get any love from this player.
    don't invite them to heal if they don't have a healing role, problem solved. you can't expect every cleric to want to heal.

Chloromancers are better party healers than clerics.

Clerics are better tanks vs physical bosses than warriors.

You need to adapt to Rift. Things are different here.

Sword of Telara

Warrior main, mage alt here......
    GO ROLL A CLERIC AND SHUT THE **** UP.

So ****ing fed up with arseholes expecting people to do what they have chosen not to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega326 View Post
    While we're making wild accusations without any backup, I'm going to go ahead and say that you are a 12 year old horse named Suzy that lives in a crater on the moon... and I am absolutely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkTank View Post
    If the cleric has a DPS spec they prob will be doing little healing... Some people like using Clerics for DPS because it gives more versatility and can adapt to the situation.

You would be surprised at my use as a inquisitor in a expert party I play in nightly. I am actually told to come and dps. Woot...

Now as for OP: You must be trolling to just come onto a cleric board and make stupid statements such as "If you are cleric you "Should" be prepared to heal" .... You should just **** out of our section before the tar and feather folks come and get you man..run for the hills.

Anyway... I just think you have a severe lack of understanding of all cleric souls and you assume Cleric= best for healing cause of your stereotype of the archtype itself due to past games.

It doesn't apply here in Rift. Hate to break it to you but Clerics can tank well...can heal well...and certain souls can DPS well.

Quote Originally Posted by zetans View Post

So ****ing fed up with arseholes expecting people to do what they have chosen not to.

Ok he has the Tar...now is someone gona bring the feathers?
    Last edited by Warfangs; 03-24-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by zetans View Post

Amen

Here's a random group sample from a dungeon I ran.

Person A is a cleric.

Person B is a warrior.

Person C is a cleric.

Person D is a mage.

Person E is a rogue.

The rogue tanks, the mage heals.
    Styrr - Bahmi Cleric - Firesand

Quote Originally Posted by Ephelaeth View Post

Person A is a cleric.

Person B is a warrior.

Person C is a cleric.

Person D is a mage.

Person E is a rogue.

=) I like this about rift... One of my runs was silly but 4 clerics and a rogue yeah...we were all chomping at the bit on loot rolls there. All good...it was all guild. Still....the competition was hot for chain!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ephelaeth View Post

Person A is a cleric.

Person B is a warrior.

Person C is a cleric.

Person D is a mage.

Person E is a rogue.

Lemme guess... one of the clerics is playing melee DPS, and the warrior and other cleric are ranged DPS? I think I saw that group... =P

As for the "Clerics should be pure healer" type comment... umm, my cleric does around 400-500 DPS, and heals pretty well... in WF's I come in 2nd on healing and 4th on damage quite consistently... if I switch to my pure healer spec I come in 1st sometimes... but then do almost no damage whatsoever...

So, in short, as long as I am doing almost as much healing, and also able to be on par with most assassins and nightblades for DPS... why should I respec???

Btw, this is single target dps... when I go AoE that number jumps WAY up... so does my healing =)
    Last edited by Shadoe; 03-24-2011 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Add the bottom line

Rift Chaser

i'll tank if needed...i'll heal if needed...i'd rather not deal with the hassle but i will for xp/loot...some ppl won't because they don't wanna deal with the stress...some ppl can't cuz they're not good tanks or healers...whatever the case, i'm not gonna force them into a ****ty situation...it's mentalities like this that make ppl not want to heal...if i advertise myself as a healer, then u can expect me to heal...if i don't, then who are u to expect **** from me...

2 lesbians sitting at a bar...guy rolls up..."hey, u want a drink?"..."sry, i'm here with my gf"..."but ur a girl"..."so?"...

u get the drift

Telaran

If a cleric doesn't have a main healing spec shame on them, but if they do and they just refuse to heal props to them; I heal in out all the time, sometimes I just don't want to heal, so if I go in a group that wan't me to heal I'll tell them to find someone else to do it or F off.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrosamurai View Post
    2 lesbians sitting at a bar...guy rolls up..."hey, u want a drink?"..."sry, i'm here with my gf"..."but ur a girl"..."so?"...
    made me lol

Soulwalker

If this is a trend trion needs to give warriors a heal soul and mages a tank soul.
    lets not turn this into WoW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast