+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leveling, Opinions

Plane Touched

Default Leveling, Opinions

I have been leveling the past 22 levels under my healing role. I currently have TWO healing roles, one 21-5-2 warden-purifier-sentinel, the other one 5-21-2 warden-purifier-sentinel. It has been going fine and I have taken on huge groups that would have killed me on most callings. The problem is I can't decide if I like Purifer or Warden healing better. xD

Anyway, I've been considering buying a third role and making it some combination of souls for melee. I guess probably Shaman-Justicar-Druid or something. If someone doesn't mind giving some advice, should I go mainly justicar so that I can tank if I need to in dungeons, or should I go mainly shaman? This will mostly be a leveling spec, but I'll also use it for dungeons if I go tanky, likely. Just not sure if Justicar would be any good for leveling?

Rift Master

dont go justi for solo leveling, it takes too long to kill, and don't go druid unless you really like the pet.

Druid gets much better at 31 points up because of the satyr and the fact that the 30% crit will hit for some good damage rather than some small hit the fairy does at earlier levels.

Druid gets to be the best melee leveling spec 31+ all the way to 50 points

Shaman is better at earlier levels due to having access to some extra damage abiltiies early on.

Strongest leveling spec solo or duo in terms of time and rapid killing would be inquisitor/cabalist in early levels, pretty much kill groups of four in about 6 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by LimeMuffins View Post
    I have been leveling the past 22 levels under my healing role. I currently have TWO healing roles, one 21-5-2 warden-purifier-sentinel, the other one 5-21-2 warden-purifier-sentinel. It has been going fine and I have taken on huge groups that would have killed me on most callings. The problem is I can't decide if I like Purifer or Warden healing better. xD

Anyway, I've been considering buying a third role and making it some combination of souls for melee. I guess probably Shaman-Justicar-Druid or something. If someone doesn't mind giving some advice, should I go mainly justicar so that I can tank if I need to in dungeons, or should I go mainly shaman? This will mostly be a leveling spec, but I'll also use it for dungeons if I go tanky, likely. Just not sure if Justicar would be any good for leveling?
    I did Sham/Just/Sent 51/15/0 for leveling. It works great for survivability and helped save more than a few noob instance groups. From reading other threads tonight, it looks like anything x/Just/x will provide the most utility, while also having decent dps.

The main problem with adding druid as a secondary or tertiary soul is that the pet stops leveling at 30 unless you sink a significant amount of points into the druid soul. That and the basic, floating fae is a lot of suck.

Also, Justicar damage is very low because I'm pretty sure their attacks have huge threat modifiers attached to them to make up for the poor dps. It's a tank soul and would be equivalent to leveling in bearform as a druid in WoW. It's doable, but not ideal.
    Last edited by HighFive; 03-24-2011 at 11:56 PM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

+ Reply to Thread