+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric fun factor and concerns.

Default Cleric fun factor and concerns.

I love healing, i absolutly do, but something on my Cleric just makes me wanna fall asleep playing it.
    At the moment i got my cleric to 33, and so far it has been pretty boring with every Soul combo.

Compared to other classes who are much more dynamic with mechanics such as Combo Points, Attack Points and Charges.

Feels like there is a lack of a class mechanic.
    The Conviction idea in the Justicar tree is a start, and it would be great if it would become a Class mechanic proccing off non-physical abilities to consume and unleash for more powerful heals or attacks.
    But i suppose its alot to ask to revamp a class for my own personal experience.

Shamans for example just bash 1 macro and get the best results, especially since macros in Rift track cooldowns and thats pretty much all there is to manage.

If said Conviction idea would be impossibe, it would be nice to have like a shaman passive something that electrocutes your target whenever you deal Air Damage that can stack up to a certain amount, wich can then be unleashed in different ways - defensive, or offensive, or control.

aswell to have some more pet Micro Management as a druid, since thats what they are renowned for. Perhaps protective, offensive or control abilities wich need certain criteria to command.
    Maybe something like a stacking buff your pet gains called Nature's Grace that is gained by healing or dealing damage wich can then be used to assist or assault.

Justicars need an additional AoE, something perhaps to replace Light Makes Right in the Soul tree that consumes Conviction to increase its damage and needing 3/3 Vengeful Justice as pre-required Soul Points.

Overall Healing has been reasonable, yet you can't track your hots on raid frames, wich is quite frustrating.

well, just my 2cents, felt like ranting on the forums.

I wrote a very detailed thread on this issue : http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...uch-redundancy).

I feel that the Devs dropped the ball when it came to creative ideas for Cleric healing, it is just a copy paste from WoW, EQ2, CoH, Aion and a myriad of other games.

Even LORTO had a interesting healing form in the bard and Loremaster, but Rift retains the old tried and died mana casters with no creativity involved.

My biggest concern is that all the callings have special mechanics except Clerics, sure we have a couple of souls with special mechanics (none of them healing) but we have nothing equal to charge or Attack Points for Warriors that is calling wide. There is no synergy with the Cleric calling among souls since not much that I do with the abilities of one soul affects any others.
    Last edited by Delphya; 03-24-2011 at 11:29 AM.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

Exactly.
    i feel that clerics have been left in the dark in terms of making them more dynamic and giving them a proper mechanic.

i've yet to decide what i wanted to roll besides a cleric.
    i was contemplating going for a rogue and being a bard, since i love being a group support, especially in PvP and that seems to fill that role well besides being an actual healer. I'm not a fan of the mage type classes, so Chloro i passed on.

Anyway, i highly doubt, from the past events to improve and develop, that they will implement anything to adjust the lack of a mechanic for Clerics, so i just decided to move on and not waste my time hoping for results wich most likely won't happen. Atleast not in the near future.

Rift Disciple

I refuse to spec shaman again because it is so godawful BORING. I suppose it's ok for grinding while watching a hockey game, but that's about it. I really don't care whether they have a unifying mechanic like attack points, combo points, or charge. Just make it better gameplay than binding every key to a macro and smacking your *** with your keyboard.

I have a lot of fun with Inquisitor, but maybe thats because I usualy play a healer in MMOs. Though I do like Warden w/ Sentinel, too. You get a lot of abilities and they each are good in a different situation. Far more interesting than WoW's Paladin or WAR's Zealot.

As for the cleric melee classes, and the Cabalist, I found them to be extremely one dimensional.

There are also like NO reactive skills with a warden. No secondary ressource mechanic, no reactive skills, it's really pretty boring to play. That's a shame for players like me who are great fans of this "insane but not quite instant raid healing" style. I mean, noone will doubt warden is the best healer in warfronts (btw, any information on whether an "arena" style PvP mode is planned?) and still even there I feel bored with my warden. The healing output is beyond the reasonable (imo), it's just that you click through your global cooldowns with nothing more to do and no "secondary objectives" to watch out for.
    As someone already mentioned Trion apparently just copied some good ideas (like WoW shaman's earth shield mechanic) and put them into one class. I hope they'll add some interesting features to warden in the future.
    Truth is a curious and pretty rare phenomenon. In the bathtub of history it resembles a slippery piece of soap that is difficult to hold on to... if you find it at all.

i'd enjoy it if they implemented a new feature for a class mechanic in general to the Cleric class.
    And seening how imbalanced rift is, i'm hoping theres no estimate to wether an "arena" type game will be released or not.
    As much as i love doing arena games, like in wow, i'm just reluctant to do them in this game if they are implemented unless you play a warrior.

anyway, i'd love to have some light shine upon this situation, but i highly doubt that will ever happen.

+ Reply to Thread