+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Input please

Shadowlander

Default Input please

OK so I've never been a huge healer in any game but I have a healing spec in Rift. I've been level 50 for about a week and have healed expert RotF but that's really only been my raid experience. I've tried burst healing, HoTs, etc and this is my build so far that I like.

http://rift.incgamers.com/soulbuilder/Build/643

I am always tweaking when I notice something works better and I personally trust HoT's over burst and I am trying to find a happy medium of both.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

I would skip the points in enraptured breath and put them into the Sentinals AoE boosts light efficiency and/or embolden. I do not like the hit in effectivness that Enraptured Breath does, especially when you are heavily focused in the warden. There aren't many other instant "big" heals available to you and you already have plenty of aoe heals, you don't really need the addition healing from that one too. Otherwise it looks OK.

I'm not a fan of purifier though, and so my points are divided more between Warden/Sent. That's not to say there's anything wrong with the purifier and in fact I intend to try it out soon, I just haven't warmed to it yet so I will not comment on that aspect.

Champion of Telara

the 10 pts in purifier is useless. the crit is nice, but the 5% wisdom is probably giving you what, a whopping 12-20 wisdom? wooo, 9-15 spellpower... absolute crap. And at 10 points you aren't getting any spells worth casting.

put it in sentinel instead, so you can grab serendipity and divine call at the least; also if you put 1 point into lasting invocation, it counts toward your hots for deluge which can let you not worry about spray or current for your 6th hot in your warden rotation
    Last edited by Baconbits; 03-24-2011 at 11:06 AM.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Prophet of Telara

10points in pur gives you nothing imo.

5%more crit is good. 5%more wis is meh. root abilities you gain you don't actually need since you have equivalent on sent tree.

remove at least 8 of them to get serendipity and you will see improvement imo

edit: as a bonus you get aoe cleanse, another hot to buff your deluge (through HI) and i would probably spent some points into crit healing as well but that's just me.
    Last edited by shroudb; 03-24-2011 at 11:07 AM.

Shadowlander

http://rift.incgamers.com/soulbuilder/Build/644

OK so this is a current revision taken from the input so far (thx btw)
    Last edited by tssmith78; 03-24-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by tssmith78 View Post
    http://rift.incgamers.com/soulbuilder/Build/643

OK so this is a current revision taken from the input so far (thx btw)
    ...its unchanged fyi

He's right, I see no difference. For what it's worth, here my current build

It's mostly similar minus the purifier. Notice that sweet group instant heal I get at 28 pts in Sent...much better than the benefits you get from the Purifier pts.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kerri View Post
    He's right, I see no difference. For what it's worth, here my current build

It's mostly similar minus the purifier. Notice that sweet group instant heal I get at 28 pts in Sent...much better than the benefits you get from the Purifier pts.
    28 in sent and you don't take serendipity, easily the best thing in sentinel tree???
    also the 2 points in restorative tide are a joke... right? absolutely useless, and they aren't even filler points because you took still waters.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconbits View Post
    28 in sent and you don't take serendipity, easily the best thing in sentinel tree???
    also the 2 points in restorative tide are a joke... right? absolutely useless, and they aren't even filler points because you took still waters.
    Thanks but I am not looking for critique on my build, I'm happy with it. But...Serendipity is good only if you are using a lot of inductions, which most of my instant cast warden heals are not...so no, not worth it to me. And the points in restorative tide have actually saved me a few times. I play on a PvP server, I get hit sometimes.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kerri View Post
    Thanks but I am not looking for critique on my build, I'm happy with it. But...Serendipity is good only if you are using a lot of inductions, which most of my instant cast warden heals are not...so no, not worth it to me. And the points in restorative tide have actually saved me a few times. I play on a PvP server, I get hit sometimes.
    60s duration on serendipity, which means 0.5s deluges/currents and helps when you do actually need to use invocation

far as pvp, you don't have a separate role for pvp healing? and no disollution if its for pvp as well? *boggle*

sorry for the critique but it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconbits View Post
    60s duration on serendipity, which means 0.5s deluges/currents and helps when you do actually need to use invocation

far as pvp, you don't have a separate role for pvp healing? and no disollution if its for pvp as well? *boggle*

sorry for the critique but it doesn't make sense.
    *sigh* I was just going to let this drop but I feel compelled to explain at least for the sake of the OP looking for input.

The build I posted was one which I hastily threw up for his sake. I do in fact have dissolution for PvPs sake, but I left it off in an attempt to keep the build more viable for his PvE use. You are right in that I probably should have left off restorative tide as well, since if he is running with a good tank he won't be hit enough to have use for it. I still don't believe serendipity is worth it, at least not personally, as I cast as few spells with cast times as possible. Perhaps when I gett into T2s and feel the need to really spam Deluge I will change my mind but for now it is not necessary.

+ Reply to Thread