+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which support healer do you prefer partying with? Chloro or Bard?

Soulwalker

Default Which support healer do you prefer partying with? Chloro or Bard?

In my personal experience I feel that the bard is a more useful companion when it comes to dungeons. The buffs itself increases my healing spell greatly and thus healing the tank even more. A chloro I found is not really great...

I did several t2' mostly with bards. The one time I was with a Chloro I felt that I had to work extra hard to keep everyone alive (ofcourse this could also mean the Chloro was terrible), however I felt that the buffs are more beneficial for me.

What are your thoughts? Which support class do you prefer?

On Eliam the corrupter (last boss in XRD), I felt like I was healing alone... I even had to use a pot (which I rarely do) because I had to heal party the team. (this is with the Chloro)
    Last edited by Parosh; 03-24-2011 at 10:27 AM.

I like them both equally. If either is well played it makes all the world of difference in expert dungeons.

Rift Chaser

I prefer Bard for two reasons.

1) More support abilities increase overall output of the group as well as my output
    2) Chloro healing is basically too much.... i know this sounds weird but anytime i have had a chloro as a support healer i have wanted to just switch to a dps role and let them take care of it. Get bored as hell with minimal incoming damage for the encounter that is largely covered by the chloro with just a few tank topoffs for me. (plus bards don't want my staffs/wands/caster accessories :P)
    Last edited by orakio; 03-24-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Shadowlander

I personally prefer BEING the support healer with low Justicar. When I've been main healing I have not once had a Chloromancer, Mages are rare on my server,but had lots of bards and a few Justicar ones. The hp output while fighting seemed pretty similar,Bard has bigger range,Justicar had much more personal damage and no party buffs. Bard can combo point heal while Justicar can blow convictions.
    Last edited by Tanra; 03-24-2011 at 10:42 AM.

Shadowlander

Chloro isn't a support healer. Its a main healing role and can solo heal all t2 experts. Bard is really the only support soul that has healing unless you group with an Archon that has a secondary soul points in chloro.

Prophet of Telara

yeah not entirely applicable.

main chloro is a main healer not support healer.

if a chloro is build as a support (archon/chloro) he is equally welcomed as a bard since he does a bit more dps and provides good utility, while bard provides a little better utility, and a little less healing.

but full chloro as a support? nah too much healing in the group, not enough support.

Shadowlander

Chloromancers are a full healer, not a support healer, no matter what people want to say.

Doubling healing is a perfectly fine strat, and is needed in some areas. Be it a Chloromancer or another cleric.

with that said Chloromancers are far better than a normal cleric when it comes to 5 man healing, between radiant spores and the effortless party wide healing they produce, its a joke. compared to a healing clerics HPS and focus.

In T2 we have Chloromancers doing 900-1000 HPS.
    We have Clerics in similar gear doing 600HPS

I have gone through entire T2's with only needing to throw a couple heals on boss fights, due to the Chloro healing.

currently.. take a Chloro over a Cleric any day, and grab a bard for support.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nerkin View Post
    Chloromancers are a full healer, not a support healer, no matter what people want to say.

Doubling healing is a perfectly fine strat, and is needed in some areas. Be it a Chloromancer or another cleric.

with that said Chloromancers are far better than a normal cleric when it comes to 5 man healing, between radiant spores and the effortless party wide healing they produce, its a joke. compared to a healing clerics HPS and focus.

In T2 we have Chloromancers doing 900-1000 HPS.
    We have Clerics in similar gear doing 600HPS

I have gone through entire T2's with only needing to throw a couple heals on boss fights, due to the Chloro healing.

currently.. take a Chloro over a Cleric any day, and grab a bard for support.
    ...till spores proc rate gets nerfed from 30% to 16% next patch atleast
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Chloro is so chill to have in grp, yes they have more hps, but if mana wasnt an issue for clerics and we spammed heals ALL the time i.e thrashpacks that doesnt do that much dmg we would have more hps, we simply dont need to spam big heals on some occasions, unlike chloro dish out heals no matter because of the dmg he does=heals on those thrash mobs.
    Last edited by Ixpha; 03-24-2011 at 10:56 AM.

Plane Touched

I have great experiences with both. I think I tend to lean toward Bard more though for all of the buffs.
    My dungeon experiences and builds as a 2h Cleric tank are posted on my blog. All T1 and most T2 expert dungeons complete.

I've also posted the coordinates for all exploration achievements on my website (redesign in the works): http://tehkrizz.net/RIFT/exploration.php

+ Reply to Thread