+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 38 Purifier/ 28 Sent Build - Feedback

Soulwalker

Default 38 Purifier/ 28 Sent Build - Feedback

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...czzqz.E0E0bc0c

Above is a recent healing build that i created that I am contemplating using. I would like experienced T1/T2 healers to comment on the feasability.

This build is heavily designed around Restorative Flame and the Shields it provides in addition to Ward of Ancestors.

I missed out on the battle rez with the 32 point sentinel line, but is there anything else I am missing? Would this be a good main tank healing spec? It also offers AOE heals, and most of the additional self buffs to enhance critical, speed, etc of heals.

Is there anything better? 34 purif/32 sent or 51 purifier spec?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by Impale; 03-24-2011 at 08:54 AM.

I prefer 34/32 pur/sent.

Lasting invocation performs better than ancestral flame, and the base heal is bigger.

32 into sent lets you have both healer's haste AND surging flames, plus you get the battle rez.

You can also drop intense flames if you are using invocation as your HPS spam, I would take life's blessing instead.

my spec

You could shift a few points around here or there, but you get the basic idea.
    Last edited by Falcon; 03-24-2011 at 09:08 AM.

Soulwalker

Thanks, your reply confirmed my initial thoughts on RF vs. HI...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Impale View Post
    Thanks, your reply confirmed my initial thoughts on RF vs. HI...
    You need to use both RF and HI in a nice rotation. Most people skip using one or the other, but end up making a mistake imo. RF is a nice bubble attacked to the heal, and HI has the Hot that follows. So you don't want to spam HI due to wasting the rest of the HoT. So what I do is drop HI, and will use RF until the hot wears off. Normally the shield associated to the RF is burned through in 1-2 hits, so you should be able to cast back to back, then HI to get the HoT again.

I run something more in the lines of http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...czzqz.v0E0ooLc

Just as reference Purifier seems to be a better PvP healer than a PvE healer. I find Sentinel better for PvE due to the Healers Haste vs Surging Flames.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwQnQTRsjVg
    Last edited by Xlost; 03-24-2011 at 09:36 AM.

Shadowlander

I run 38/28 in T1/T2, the only reason you do this is for the damage divine cascade pulls off. Next patch this is getting a brutal nerf and will be worthless. You can heal perfectly fine with the build, but since the only reason you would put 38 into the tree is for divine cascade there is no point in wasting that many points in the tree any longer.

When you cast divine cascade on the tank you are relying on heals from other people to proc it every .75 seconds or whatever the cd is, its pretty close to that though. After the patch you can't proc it with a bard's cadence, a chloro's heals on damage, or a justicar's heal on attack. With the build its a pretty simple rotation; sheild > 3 sec heal > hot > 3 sec heal > cascade > 3 sec heal > etc and so forth. After the patch thats going to be 4 procs or so per cascade you cast which is only 1200 damage if the spellpower to damage is the same (around 900 spellpower and 300 damage a proc). However thats being nerfed as well so you may even be looking at 250 or 230 damage a proc, I have no idea.

Atm it procs about 13-15 times per cast on the tank because of the heals you do combined with the heals a bard support does with cadence. Which is around 4200 damage or so depending on if he is casting cadence at the time. Sure maybe the ability needed a nerf. I mean I can't recall anyone complaining about it, and for the most part I would estimate 97% of lvl 50 clerics didn't even know what it did. However reducing its damage potential by around 75% (assuming it will do 1000 after the spell power nerf) seems like they are nerfing it for the sake of them not liking cleric healers having any dps at all. I mean atm chloro can still put out over 350 dps while healing the tank like a boss, while 34/32 sent/purifier heals like a boss and does no dps.

If you are planing on using the 38 point talent do it in a dps spec, as that will be the only way to proc it more then 4-5 times tops per cast, and at that point its a waste of a gcd. I will hope that they didn't nerf the spell power ratio too bad but chances are it will be ***** as well and my 38/12/16 purifier/justicar/druid will have to be scraped.
    Last edited by TheUndeadFish; 03-25-2011 at 12:44 AM.

That spec is pretty meh and some of the other specs people posted aren't the greatest.

Like one person said balancing Restorative Flame and Healing Invocation is key because of the HoT and the Shield they both work amazing together.

Picking up Caregivers blessing is a waste. It won't save a life. The main point of a cool down like this would be in an ohh **** moment. In a moment like that you should have haste and increased crit for serendipity where the little shield caregivers give you will be overridden from casting so quick plus it general is ****. Putting 5 points into ancestral Flame gives you about a 600 shield in a raid environment on EVERY RF making this skill almost useless.

Taking 5 points out of intense flames is also a terrible decision, It makes your Healing Flame come close to healing Grace meaning you can spam Healing Flame for Procs of Rej Flame,Serendipity and Greater Essence/Trinket Procs.

Being it is a 1.5 sec cast it can be made an instant cast with serendipity and also with raid buffs you can cast a heal 1.3 seconds quick which will heal for around 800 and give you plenty of chances to proc your buffs and Purifier/Sent is ALL based on procs.

To summarize

You can run some deviations.

32/34 Purf or 32 or 34 sent or Even 32/32/2.

Has nice cooldowns and big heals also helps a bit with mana , surging flames is nice for a moving off tank or even the main tank to help top melle. Latent Blaze is a nice life saver. The instant crit,searing transfusion and Increased Crit chance all works very well with serendipity. Also the Enflamed Rejuvenation is nice to use with a Healing Invocation for more healing on the HoT. A nice mix of the Ancestral Shield,Healing Invocation HoT and the Ward of Ancestors/Healing Spray provides a nice blanket/with over heal for tanks. Also the ability to have a small Healing spray rolling is more chances for procs of Serendipity,EnflamedRej,Essences/trinkets etc.

You have some decent aoe burst heals as well with Divine Favor and Healing Communion as well if need be.
    Also an AoE Cleanse and a full debuff clear with sterilize, Also a Battle Rez.
    Also the ability to spam Healing Flame and with the 5/5 talent can heal close to Healing Grace which makes it easier to spam for procs of Serendipity,Enflamed Rejuvenation Blessing of the Flame and any Greater essence/Trinket. Mana cost is low and its also an insta cast heal if serendipity procs to heal dps.

>>> My Youtube Channel <<<
    >>> Creator of the Senticar Soul <<<
    No, I am arrogant,I do not care for you're feelings and 90% of my comments our trolls. The other 20% our from the heart and our to help spread the Love and Knowledge ;)

+ Reply to Thread