+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Cleric (Solo and PvP)

Rift Chaser

Default New Cleric (Solo and PvP)

Hey decided to roll a cleric for while to level up and have fun for solo grind (rifts and elites), and also for PvP (World and WF) so any good spec i should follow up and rotations ?

Thanks for help

well for soloing elites u need a hybrid build with justicar in it, tho i do it sometimes for minor bonus boss, its so slow to solo that i dont go look for them. this could be either sham/justi/xx or Inq/justi/Xx that i have tried, Druid might also be good.

Many use these as lvling specs as well, they are not as fast as e.i a deep Inq spec but they are hard to kill and very steady killing rate. Many a time a melee rogue have tried to kill me with this spec and they usually fail unless im very low on hp.

For soloing elites, devout deflection is the key talent you need, unless ur going full on tank with SnB
    Last edited by Ixpha; 03-24-2011 at 08:50 AM.

I been playing around with clerics lately too and I was also wondering a bit about this. I am currently Justicar/Shaman/Druid for leveling. I use druid with 0 points right now just for the healing fae, although she gets in more trouble more often than several celebrities put together, more often than not I'm saving the fae's life than her saving mine, but onward.. Justicar soul for like the first 10 -15 points and shaman for the rest for enhancing melee dps. now I dunno if this is a good setup for leveling but I do ok with it. havent' tested it in WF's or on bosses but I handle rifts fine.

Anyone got some suggestiosn on the fastest levelign build and what builds work best in WF's etc? thanks!

Soulwalker

I have been playing with a Just/inq with most points in Just. It tanks well and all but really cant dps for jack, probably more of a group spec. Haven't found much from clerics that really made me feel like a DPS in both PvP and PvE.

I had sham/justi/sent for a long time since i just didnt like the Inq specs, changed at 40 because sham lacked in killing speed, Inq was so much faster at that lvl, with Inq/justi/sent you drop some dps from cab to get more survivabillity and i had a macro for purpose+soverignty+censure+strike of judgement when i needed mana if renewal was on cd.

Druid pet is useless past lvl 26 since it wont get higher lvl and just draw agro from mobs by just looking at them, unless u go deeper into druid that is, sentinel instant heal is amazing and it scales very good.

Rift Chaser

Well just want good dps solo and also able to AOE alot around level 30+ maybe for xp grind and rift solos ?

Here is the build I used:

At level 20: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00rnj.xuz.VxzLz

At level 40: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...Mo.VxzxtrsAk.z

And here is the macro I used for leveling:

#show Rage of the North
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rage of the North
    cast Glory of the Chosen
    cast Jolt
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Crushing Blow

This is a very fast questing/leveling build with very little down time and more survivability than the Inq/Sent/Ward build imo.

You can solo minor rifts easy enough but not major ones. Nor will you be tanking elites with this build. You need to spec very heavily into Justicar to accomplish that.

It is not the best for PvP but its manageable. I have found it to be a decent build for taking out flag carriers in Whitefall Steppes and Black Garden. It doesn't have any effective CC ability but the burst damage when Rage of the North is up is enough to take them out quick enough where its not needed usually. If you do plan on PvPing a lot I would put one point into Vengeance of the Earth which is a decent snare.

Telaran

I use inq/cab build. It's my dps spec. I doesn't have the survivability you're looking for but I can take on 4+ mobs and quickly finish them off.
    My rotation is;

pull everything with vex (inq)
    decay the last one I pull (cab)
    Fanatism (inq)
    Soul drain (inq)
    Spam tryranny till everything is dead. (cab)

For single target I use bolt of judgement more for instant bolt of depravity. I save fanatism for the proc and use obliterate from the cab tree as it's better on single target than tyranny.

For survivabilty I go into justicar. It's the only option really, it might take ages to kill things but you won't die. That playstyle isn't to my taste though. I like the danger of pulling that one too many mobs and really scraping through to victory hehe!

In pvp I do pretty well with inq/cab survivabilty is non existent but you gotta be smart. Choose your moments to run in and get the big soul drain hits! I often finish in top five damage done. But aoe damage doesn't really count for much.. Or so peope think in this game. Anyway good luck hope you find a spec to suit you.

Rift Chaser

cheer's yeah im doing shaman/justicar atm and kinda liking it but soon i hit 13 ill do inq/cab soul for pvp

Rift Chaser

So go inq/cab/sent all the way with dagger/totems ?

+ Reply to Thread