+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: A quick QQ, clerics should get more Roles!!

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    60

    Default A quick QQ, clerics should get more Roles!!

    I feel like clerics are the only calling that needs 5-6 roles!

    My roles are
    Main - My tanking role
    My PvE Dps role Ranged Inquis/Cap/Sent
    My PvE mellee/Soloing Role - Shaman/Justicar/Druid
    My PvE Healing Role

    I PvP just as much as I PvE, My PvE healing roles, sucks for PvP and none of my current roles are really that great for PvP, and if I get attacked out in the world, theres no chance I'm going to win unless its a baddy.

    I wish I had room for a PvP Healing and a PvP Dps/World PvP role. I can't give up any of the 4 I have, because they all have their place in end game.

    End QQ

  2. #2
    Sword of Telara Dreyhana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Censor View Post
    I feel like clerics are the only calling that needs 5-6 roles!

    My roles are
    Main - My tanking role
    My PvE Dps role Ranged Inquis/Cap/Sent
    My PvE mellee/Soloing Role - Shaman/Justicar/Druid
    My PvE Healing Role

    I PvP just as much as I PvE, My PvE healing roles, sucks for PvP and none of my current roles are really that great for PvP, and if I get attacked out in the world, theres no chance I'm going to win unless its a baddy.

    I wish I had room for a PvP Healing and a PvP Dps/World PvP role. I can't give up any of the 4 I have, because they all have their place in end game.

    End QQ

    Yep, sounds like druids in WoW, probably why I was draw to Clerics lol.

    And in WoW we had way less roles - 1 for most of the time
    If you want to get healed in warfronts, follow the Covenant of Healing:
    1. Stay near your team. Healing spells have a 35m range and you're not the only one who needs healing.
    2. Stay in sight.
    3. Protect your healers.
    4. Be respectful. Telling people they suck will not make them better players or want to help you more.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander icbleu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Censor View Post
    I feel like clerics are the only calling that needs 5-6 roles!

    I wish I had room for a PvP Healing and a PvP Dps/World PvP role. I can't give up any of the 4 I have, because they all have their place in end game.

    End QQ
    Lol, I feel your pain. Having come from playing the Druid class in Wow, I am like a kid in the Cleric Candy Shop with four possible roles as opposed to only two.

    Only advice I can offer you is to take it slow. Take the time to thoroughly enjoy each role, then when it gets old, you explore the next one on your list.
    Come and knock on my door...
    Elvenhome (Totally NOT a dragoncult) | Nestle Down


    Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. - Marthe Troly-Curtin, 1912

  4. #4
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,207

    Default

    role 1: pvp healing
    role 2: warden/sentinel pve healing
    role 3: sentinel/purifier pve healing
    role 4: inq/cab aoe dps

    wtb like 4 more!
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched Rajster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Now this kind of QQ I can back up. Some days I do wish I had more roles than 4. So far I have a tank,melee dps,heal,and pvp role. Imagine if we had 6 or 8. The possibilities...

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser Chrome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Could go for at least one, but would take 2 more myself lol
    Main Character: Chranos - Cleric, Shatterbone

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    60

    Default

    phew! I thought I was going to get a /CRY MOAR flame job, I'm loving the support

    Clerics really do have an expendable spot in a 5man experts if they're not healers, so I really need to make use of my roles.

    LH is a perfect example of when you need to have a melee and ranged dps spec. They both serve a much more appropriate purpose per fight.

    So, my ranged inquisitor build is built for PURE DPS and no-survival what-so-ever, thats what healers are for. Its the only way I'm able to get into Experts without having to heal, and still people prefer mages for their CC's. Even with 8300hp and 60toughness, people like tanking warriors more =(

    My tank spec, sure I'll live forever in pvp, but then when someone wants to mana drain me, I'm more useless than a poopy flavored lollipop

    My PvE heal spec, big heal, big shield, slow casts. Pointless in PvP. I have no damage dealing abilities, and the heals need to be on the go fast heals for pvp

    My Solo spec, well, farming usually involves many mobs, so, its built for big AoE pulls, and works well for lots of mobs solo, or dungeons, but not as well in dungeons as my aoe inquisitor spec.

    So, I have no room for PvP heals or PvP dps,

    I have no room for a good pvp build either dps or heals.


    HELL! I Want room for 2 tank specs, one for my shield on bosses and one for my 2h on trash (More parry and self healing via Even Justice with Light Smasher for trash mobs)

    GIVE ME MORE ROLES!!!!!
    Last edited by Censor; 03-24-2011 at 03:48 PM.

  8. #8
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    668

    Default

    I find the 4 roles restricting also, especially as PVP roles differ from PVE roles, and it aint cheap to respec everytime you think of a anti setup for whatever pesky person is beating on you now.

    Also having ranged AOE roles and melee dps roles and a hybrid healing role, my slots instantly all fill up and I don't want to scrap any of them

  9. #9
    Soulwalker Saffron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ABQ, NM
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Fortunately, respeccing is fairly cheap. It's a big jump to go from caster dps to melee dps and not one you'd probably jump back and forth from. It'd be a decision you make to pursue one or the other for awhile so you can just respec one of your roles to try something new.

    But I agree...I'd like to have about 8 roles.
    Single target healing
    AoE healing
    HoT healing
    Caster dps - single target
    AoE caster dps
    Melee dps
    Tankage

    It really is a gloriously versatile class.
    "Well, my days of not takin' ya seriously are certainly comin' to a middle." ~Capt Malcolm Reynolds

  10. #10
    Shield of Telara HighFive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    Fortunately, respeccing is fairly cheap. It's a big jump to go from caster dps to melee dps and not one you'd probably jump back and forth from. It'd be a decision you make to pursue one or the other for awhile so you can just respec one of your roles to try something new.

    But I agree...I'd like to have about 8 roles.
    Single target healing
    AoE healing
    HoT healing
    Caster dps - single target
    AoE caster dps
    Melee dps
    Tankage

    It really is a gloriously versatile class.
    I hear what everyone's saying, but at 50, I'm not sure that I agree anymore. You start getting pigeon holed into certain roles depending on your gear, which isn't a bad thing. I want people who know what they're doing i.e. excellent at 1-2 roles (tank/melee dps, healer/ranged dps, ranged dps/support healing, etc) and not mediocre at 4-5 roles. Expert PvE content tends to be a lot less forgiving.

    Tank gear and caster/dps gear also starts to quickly diverge ... focus vs toughnes/block. Even dps and healing gear start to diverge based on what weapons/runes you choose. You'll find yourself also specializing your planar pieces, which become expensive or time consuming to build multiple sets.

    I guess if you have the time to build 2-3 sets of armor, you might be great at more than 2 roles and need more than 4 roles. However, for many people, 4 roles and even 3 roles is generally an adequate amount.

    It's a good discussion to have though, especially as the playerbase continues to mature.
    Last edited by HighFive; 03-24-2011 at 11:23 PM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless


  11. #11
    Telaran Stage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Pure melee DPS
    Versatile melee DPS
    Pure AoE DPS
    AoE DPS with some survivability concessions
    PvE healer
    PvP healer
    Versatile PvP meleer
    PvP inquisitor
    PvP cabalist
    PvP justicar (for stone carrying in whitefall, or just because I've been marked by opponents when I was in healing role and I'm sick of being splattered )
    Tank

    Just off the top of my head.

    So, I for one can't wait for the first expansion

  12. #12
    Prophet of Telara NatashaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    Yeah, it makes me nuts too. tbh, I think the PvP soul system was poorly implemented. You should have simply been able to put points into a PvP soul separate from PvE souls rather than either or.

    Rework the thing, give people one point for 5 levels and two for a prestige level or something like that and not have it affect how you spend your points in the other souls.

  13. #13
    Soulwalker Smoochy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I have considered rolling two clerics same server. Actually I already have it made just still not sure if i want to level it :P

    Though still considering...

    Have
    Tank Spec
    Pvp Heal Spec
    pvp Dps Spec
    Support/Dps Spec

    I could probably fill 10 roles. I would like to have a PVE heal spec, melee dps spec, melee support spec, and probably rest pvp specs lol.
    Last edited by Smoochy; 03-25-2011 at 12:37 AM.

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    I hear what everyone's saying, but at 50, I'm not sure that I agree anymore. You start getting pigeon holed into certain roles depending on your gear, which isn't a bad thing. I want people who know what they're doing i.e. excellent at 1-2 roles (tank/melee dps, healer/ranged dps, ranged dps/support healing, etc) and not mediocre at 4-5 roles. Expert PvE content tends to be a lot less forgiving.

    Tank gear and caster/dps gear also starts to quickly diverge ... focus vs toughnes/block. Even dps and healing gear start to diverge based on what weapons/runes you choose. You'll find yourself also specializing your planar pieces, which become expensive or time consuming to build multiple sets.

    I guess if you have the time to build 2-3 sets of armor, you might be great at more than 2 roles and need more than 4 roles. However, for many people, 4 roles and even 3 roles is generally an adequate amount.

    It's a good discussion to have though, especially as the playerbase continues to mature.
    I support this text completely. Every word.

  15. #15
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Ive got 3 sets rolling, my obvious tank set with tougness and sheild/1h

    my inq pve/pvp all crit based( pretty much my shaman set too)
    and my healing set all spell power based

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts