+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sent build - t1/t2

Soulwalker

Default Sent build - t1/t2

Running a sent/ward/pur build in t1/t2. With 44 pts in sent, 5 in pur and rest in ward for orbs. Anyone else running a similar build with success?

Soulwalker

That's a terrible build.

If you just focus on Sent, the spells you cast are generally slow. You won't be able to heal the tanks in time in t/2.

Many people use the puri/sent build... Me... Having cleared all of T2, T1, I use Ward/Sent.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Parosh View Post
    That's a terrible build.

If you just focus on Sent, the spells you cast are generally slow. You won't be able to heal the tanks in time in t/2.

Many people use the puri/sent build... Me... Having cleared all of T2, T1, I use Ward/Sent.
    Sure you can, serendipity helps a lot and you should be precasting HI before hits anyway. healer's haste is 2.1 sec HI's, haste + serendipity = 0.6 cast.
    You also have covenant and touch of light as well as viligance if you are worried. 20 points in ward for SS helps a ton though, I just always feel like the 4 point filler in warden to hit 20 is a real waste... disollution is good for pvp, orbs is great, but the other choices all suck a nut
    Last edited by Baconbits; 03-24-2011 at 10:18 AM.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Baconbits View Post
    Sure you can, serendipity helps a lot and you should be precasting HI before hits anyway. healer's haste is 2.1 sec HI's, haste + serendipity = 0.6 cast.
    You also have covenant and touch of light as well as viligance if you are worried. 20 points in ward for SS helps a ton though, I just always feel like the 4 point filler in warden to hit 20 is a real waste... disollution is good for pvp, orbs is great, but the other choices all suck a nut
    I think my reason and your reason is highly debatable because we play different souls. However, one of the skills I love about warden is Healers Covenant, where you reduce 40% of incoming damage to the tank for 10 seconds.... A lifesaver IMO.

Ofcourse I also put almost half of my points on sent to speed up my spells.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Parosh View Post
    I think my reason and your reason is highly debatable because we play different souls. However, one of the skills I love about warden is Healers Covenant, where you reduce 40% of incoming damage to the tank for 10 seconds.... A lifesaver IMO.

Ofcourse I also put almost half of my points on sent to speed up my spells.
    healer's covenant is sentinel not warden
    I currently use 3 roles for 3 different healing builds, and have a dps role for soloing stuff in the fourth. All 3 builds are viable, though imo, pure purifier specs feel lacking to me, due to slow cast times and a talent tree that really has very little synergy with the other two choices (especially compared to sentinel, who's tree really helps all healing souls)

if we were allowed 8 diff roles I'd probably still have atleast 6 different healing builds set up to switch between lol.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

My input on this situations is that strong sentinel builds are fantastic for some fights, but warden should typically be used more often.

I currently run with 3 builds for healing, and a 4th for DPS while I do my dailies.

The first build, and the mostly commonly used during trash, is a 44 point warden 22 point sent build (I can't log off so these numbers may be a little wrong). This build gives you the ability to keep up the tanks, AoE heal the raid, lots of mana regen and enough cooldowns from sent to be happy. This build requires you to use Surge and Bubbles for heavy damage moments, where Surge + Bubbles should be hitting your tank for 1.6 - 2.0k per bubble (depending on gear).

The second build is slightly more sent then warden, something around 36, 30 (again can't fully remember). This build has a few more sentinel cooldowns, keeps the mana regen from warden, but now has serendipity and innvocations. This build is excellent for bosses that are going to bring a bit more hurt, and is still viable for needing to AoE heal a bit.

The third build is strong sentinel, something around 44 sent 22 warden. This build gives you a strong increase to invocations at the loss of mana regen from warden. This spec can become limited by mana depending on how many AoEs you may have to throw out. However, this build gives you a lot of strength in keeping up solo targets against really hard hitting bosses.

I have a fourth build for 22 pur/44 sent, but haven't used it nearly as much. It would be the same idea as the third build above.

Hope these guide you to a build you can enjoy. My belief is that anybody healing t1/t2 should have at least 2 builds for different situations. Anybody who tells you they are healing everything with a single build is either making it up or always using a backup healer. The three builds above have allowed me to solo heal all t1 content and most of t2. The more healing responsibility a cleric can take allows more DPS output from the other classes and can greatly improve fights. I still cannot quite solo heal Scarn, but we can get him to ~15% with me solo healing. A little more gear should help.

Good luck and maybe this will help.

People who say 44 points in sentinel is 'terrible' cause the heals are to slow are silly.

I am 45 sentinel/21 purifier and I do really good in T1/T2 content. The only time I ever switch my healing spec is during Konstantine (spelling?) the boss with the spikes in King's breach.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...tbstsR.Exo0czz

I get plenty of cooldowns to use for tanks, and plenty of AoE healing. It is mana intensive, so I don't recommend it to people who don't cancel cast or who aren't good with mana management but if I can do it anyone can.

+ Reply to Thread