+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AOE Inq/Justicar/Sent Leveling: Don't use/spec Bolt of Judgement in rotation?

Plane Touched

Question AOE Inq/Justicar/Sent Leveling: Don't use/spec Bolt of Judgement in rotation?

Have been hearing that Bolt of Judgement and 5/5 Castigation is crap and totally not worth the spec:
    - Long casting time and pushback (not viable for solo leveling)
    - Inefficient dps/mana ratio

1) So what's the bread and butter for single target rotation? Esp when Soul Drain is on cd.
    2) So what's the bread and butter for multi target rotation? Esp when Soul Drain is on cd.
    3) Spam Heretic Sanction->Bolt of Radiance->Censure->Strike of Judgement to gain convictions and heals while Soul Drain cools down?
    4) Circle of Oblivion is a gigantic mana waster. But there's no other AOE moves left when Soul Drain is on cd.

Soulwalker

Talking

1) Try Shards of Light. You may be surprised at how well this ability scales. Yes it becomes less damage per mana any time you take damage while channeling, but it's more dps than having spell pushback that increases cast times. This is because you can immediately cast something else when a (shortened) channel finishes.

2) Use Circle of Oblivion after Fanatacism+Soul Drain.

3) Put Life's Vengeance in there, before Censure.

4) Just go ahead use Circle of Oblivion with 3+ mobs. If you get low on mana, use Aggressive Renewal or Purpose+Censure/Strike of Judgment. I have had to use mana pots maybe 3 times all the way to 50 due running out of mana with both of these on cooldown.

Champion of Telara

Soul drain is worthless for single target rotation.

Beyond sanction, bolt of radiant, censure etc, just pick up 2/2 contempt (should have if you get soul drain), and vex stuff inbetween soul drains, which will tie up 6 of 10 seconds of soul drain cooldown and also heal you, saving your convictions.

also, shards of light is horrible.
    if you don't mind putting 2 pts into purifier for third soul, even though its spell damage contrib is getting nerfed, you get 2 convictions per spirit rupture-- 1 on initial hit, 1 on first dot hit.
    Last edited by Baconbits; 03-24-2011 at 08:54 AM.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Ascendant

Bolt of Judgement is pretty trash all the way around, even with points into Castigation. Not something I'd really go for.

If you're open to the idea of spec changes, I'd suggest taking a look at Inq/Cab/Ward levelling. Warden I take five points into for the increased instant damage, healing spray, crashing wave, and waterjet. Cab I take ten points for Tyranny (taking the spell damage increasing talents), and the rest into Inquis.

For single target, I open with a Fanatacism->Depravity. If I'd like some mana back and Aggressive Renewl is off CD, I hit them with that for the damage, mana, and snare (Talented), then hit vex and sanction. Sanction is good damage and it lets me fish for a L&DC proc (instant Depravity), which I use if it comes up. Other than that, just spam waterjet, which consistently outdamages my BoJ due to the various instant damage boosts in the souls. This way I'm also not affected if I need to kite the mob or move it, as I'm just spamming instants anyway. If I need mana and AR is on cooldown, a quick Decay->Obliterate does very nice damage and returns a large chunk of mana.

For AoE, it's the standard vex-vex-vex-vex-fanaticism-souldrain-CoB combo. Having Healing Spray is nice to provide some extra buffer as well, and Warden's instant damage boost talent makes Vex heal that much more. For mana or quick spike damage, I can Decay the last mob in the pull on its way in so that I can chain Soul Drain into Tyranny.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Aurumsolis View Post
    Have been hearing that Bolt of Judgement and 5/5 Castigation is crap and totally not worth the spec:
    - Long casting time and pushback (not viable for solo leveling)
    - Inefficient dps/mana ratio

1) So what's the bread and butter for single target rotation? Esp when Soul Drain is on cd.
    2) So what's the bread and butter for multi target rotation? Esp when Soul Drain is on cd.
    3) Spam Heretic Sanction->Bolt of Radiance->Censure->Strike of Judgement to gain convictions and heals while Soul Drain cools down?
    4) Circle of Oblivion is a gigantic mana waster. But there's no other AOE moves left when Soul Drain is on cd.
    1) I have a melee spec I can switch to
    2) Start the normal pull (Takes me 2 soul drains to clear anyways and it's irrelevant functionally if the first one crits or the second one.) Damage from 3-4 mobs isn't dependent on their health level.

Vex X3 or 4
    soul drain macro
    re vex
    soul drain macro
    maybe clear a mob or two with single target casts or hits

CD timer starts when you start the cast not finish it which means with pushback the rotation works well.

repeat

My Inq is 27 and I never put points in Cast, because wasting 5 points for 1/2 a second is foolish. The cost is WAY to high for the little return.

For single target I might do something like:

BoD - vex - SH then BoJ the mob down unless my instant BoD procs.

If the target is tougher, I'll throw in a Spiritual Deficiency after the initial BoD pull. Also I keep Fanaticism at the ready.

For Mobs I generally might:

Vex em all, hit Fanaticism, Soul Drain and deal with what's left. I don't have CoO yet (few more levels).

BTW, instead of wasting 5 points in Cast, I have 5 in Life and Death Concord, which gives my BoJ and SH spells a 20% chance to make my next BoD an instant
    cast (1 minute to use it or lose it).

As to #3, I don't know. That sounds like a Justicar build, which I don't have.
    Last edited by Enviro; 03-24-2011 at 11:12 AM.
    Rift

Shadowlander

I don't use this build. I use Inq/Cab/Sent

but I do use BoJ for single target nukes, however, I only use it with Castigation + Life and Death Concord, so I can proc a Depravity.

For leveling I AOE pull and, vex vex vex, soul drain, bind fate, re-vex, shadow touch (chain nuke) to finish off the trash.

Every now and then, if I pull too many I have to breath heal myself. but for the most part I survive just fine, and the mobs fall at my feet as I blaze through quests.

+ Reply to Thread