+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healing UI

Rift Chaser

Default Healing UI

So I healed a lot of content in WOW and I used a combination of CLique and Grid but I don't see any addons that Rift has like those. SO I am guessing im gonna have to do a mouseover macro thing or dig into keybinds for my main heals to go off my mouse click.

Does anyone have a sticky to point me to or a bit of personal advice they would offer me on this topic?

Soulwalker

Trion has made the decision not to allow user mods. All the interface available is what you see in the plain jane interface (which can be tweeked a little, but not much. No Grid/Healbot/Vuhdo in the near future for Rift (and this alone makes Rift more challenging to heal than The Other Game).

Shadowlander

I ended up buying a WoW Cataclysm mouse and binding kieys 1 - 9 to the extra mouse buttons. I have @mouseover macros on 1 - 9 and a few @focus macros on some other keys. It is definitely challenging but doable after a few runs. Tracking HoTs and buffs is also a challenge. Bring an off-healer on the L50 and expert dungeons as you are learning the new healing style.

Default Healing UI

The Healing UI is not easy I admit, but that is part of the attraction for me. Healing well in that Blizzard game was largely dependent on your UI and the content was certainly geared towards those with a full file of add-ons. I like that we're all in the same boat in Rift and the difference been a good and bad healer are based on reactions, using a full list of abilities and knowing what your role is capable of. It rewards the competent healers more.

Saying that, I would like to see a better HoT/buff tracking system.

Champion

I never used healing mods whenever i was healing (aside from 5 mans, the only raid healing i did was early TBC), so as far as this goes for me, i don't really have a problem with the UI. Raid frames could be a little better for tracking HoTs, but w/e.

actually, i think short duration buffs and debuffs should each be on separate bars from the buff bar to make them easier to track. I left a [suggestion] thread on the general page, but no one responded and it got buried, i doubt i'll ever see any action on it anytime soon.

Rift Chaser

Oh I healed "professionally" in wow. I healed all the way through BC and about ToC in Wrath. I had a priest/shaman/paladin all at max level during that content and did heal some on each of them. Mostly on the Shaman and when my gear was good i would consistently top the meters..

Quote Originally Posted by alwinh View Post
    Trion has made the decision not to allow user mods. All the interface available is what you see in the plain jane interface (which can be tweeked a little, but not much. No Grid/Healbot/Vuhdo in the near future for Rift (and this alone makes Rift more challenging to heal than The Other Game).
    I am baffled where people get their information. Actually Trion IS releasing the language in which addons are created for Rift. They are working on the exact structure now so that upon release the addons aren't impossible to code.

It's a new game, have some patience or just go back to WoW. Either way stop misleading people in things you obviously know nothing about.
    In Heaven all the interesting people are missing. -Nietzsche Nomnomnomz!

Quote Originally Posted by alwinh View Post

You're quite wrong. Trion has stated for RELEASE there will be no API support but we can expect addons in the future. As for exactly what to expect...it'll depend on how much of the API they give us to work with. It could just be modded looks or could go all out and have sustainable addons like we've seen in other games.

@ OP - as for healing I just have mouseovers of all my heals (and cleanses) and go from there. All you can work with for now.
    Last edited by Remedyz; 03-24-2011 at 11:49 AM.
    Vhoux - Incarnate - Retired '10
    Remedy - Ashstone(PvP) - Guardian - Current
    "Don't try to cover the sky with the palm of your hand"

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    Oh I healed "professionally" in wow. I healed all the way through BC and about ToC in Wrath. I had a priest/shaman/paladin all at max level during that content and did heal some on each of them. Mostly on the Shaman and when my gear was good i would consistently top the meters..
    did you play with terrible pallies and druids?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by tarheel2013 View Post
    No, I just knew how to play. On my shaman when i was topping the meters was in the height of the ******ed OP that was the Chain Heal Spam tier 4-6 content..

But I also healed on my Paladin a fair bit in BC and was a chart topper too...

No, I just knew how to play. On my shaman when i was topping the meters was in the height of the ******ed OP that was the Chain Heal Spam tier 4-6 content..

I'm sorry but any healer who goes around and mentions chart topping is most likely bad.

what was your eheal%? Did you have to chain pot? call for innervates? There is so much more to healing that topping charts shouldn't be one of your concerns.

Ugh - they should just take hps off parses no one should care about hps
    If you want to get healed in warfronts, follow the Covenant of Healing:
    1. Stay near your team. Healing spells have a 35m range and you're not the only one who needs healing.
    2. Stay in sight.
    3. Protect your healers.
    4. Be respectful. Telling people they suck will not make them better players or want to help you more.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by tarheel2013 View Post
    It's okay, everyone who played WoW was top tank/healer/dps with 25m H-LK killed in a single try. Everyone was gladiator 7-8 times on 2-3 toons at the same time.

Just saying, I agree that buff tracking is lacking in Rift when you're not in a party.

@OP: Using the ''Edit Layout'' option might help you if it's not already done.

Soulwalker

You were bad. Shush

+ Reply to Thread