+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Confused, probably dead, and not a winner.

Soulwalker

Default Confused, probably dead, and not a winner.

Greetings Forums!

I'm not mutch of a dweller here but i'm in dire need of advice, tips, trix and motivation!

I play a Cleric and i enjoy healing in pvp, so i picked up rift, got to level 50 and started queing.

Now, about 2 weeks in, im more motivted to put my fist in mouth and recite poems in latin while crying tears of lost dreams and forgotten hope.

When i pvp, i always focus on the 'nodes' of the particular game, flags or points areas whatever it may be but i'm having some real issues.

I just can't heal enough, i find myself beeing totally overwhelmed by the damage flying around while my puny heals just isn't good enough. And i've tried every combination of souls there is. So is it gear? is it me? i need some sound advice on all things Rift-pvp at the moment. If you have any advice of specs, ui setups, or macros i'd greatlly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lrdant View Post
    Greetings Forums!

I'm not mutch of a dweller here but i'm in dire need of advice, tips, trix and motivation!

I play a Cleric and i enjoy healing in pvp, so i picked up rift, got to level 50 and started queing.

Now, about 2 weeks in, im more motivted to put my fist in mouth and recite poems in latin while crying tears of lost dreams and forgotten hope.

When i pvp, i always focus on the 'nodes' of the particular game, flags or points areas whatever it may be but i'm having some real issues.

I just can't heal enough, i find myself beeing totally overwhelmed by the damage flying around while my puny heals just isn't good enough. And i've tried every combination of souls there is. So is it gear? is it me? i need some sound advice on all things Rift-pvp at the moment. If you have any advice of specs, ui setups, or macros i'd greatlly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.
    I experienced the same issue at 29. It's probably a vastly different experience, but i was tackling the same mental battle.

Definately stick to it; don't give up your cleric. If there is an outstanding problem that affects the majority, Trion will address it. If healing is generally insufficient, everyone will be feeling the same. Otherwise, consider the following:

- Numbers: How many enemy damage dealers does it take to overwhelm you? I personally think, if you're fully able to act, a healer should be able to handle no more than 2 or 3 damage dealers before incoming damage is too high.

- Help: Check to see if you're being supported. I've often found that actually i'm the only dedicated healer on our team in the warfront. The enemy naturally starts to target you and exploit it. It's just bad luck when that happens... i personally relish the challenge when i'm a sole healer. I'm flattered when i'm the main target of the enemy raid.

- Gear: It's hard to really know what your enemy is wearing. You might be able to hazard a guess, but it could be a lot better (or a lot worse) than you expect. If you're being overwhelmed, your gear could be outclassed... shout me out if you're already decked in the best you can get, i'm not really sure how to see.

- Allies: The quality of your allies. When healing i find almost everyone has almost no sense of self-preservation. I've seen countless people running into groups 6+ times larger then their sole selves expecting to survive longer than afew seconds. Furthermore, people are not aware of ranged beating on them. You simply cannot outheal this, it is the fault of your allies awareness.

There really is so many factors in healing that's not just your contribution. I'd say stick it out and try and improve your gear where you can. Try and hook onto players with a sense of survival, and stay positive. If you can make enjoyment out of the challenge, you'll be on your way to a fierce reputation.

If im solo i usually find a couple of players that is from same guild or it seems like they know each other and runs together, ill glue myself to them since i know they probably will have some sort of teamwork and focus my healing on these, ofcourse ill throw out some other heals here and there but healing an entire raid many times only with maybe 1 other healer is hopeless and in the long run not beneficial than helping 2-3 teamworking players to cap a flag or kill a flagcarrier ect.

And if they notice that ur tagging along with them all the time they usually will help u if u get into trouble unlike random pugs that just looks at you while a Dom is ripping u to pieces and complains about healing 2 sec after...
    Last edited by Ixpha; 03-24-2011 at 09:07 AM.

+ Reply to Thread