+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestions for a AoE healing/melee cleric

Rift Disciple

Default Suggestions for a AoE healing/melee cleric

Getting bored on my Rogue and my RB. Looking to try a healer (omg this could be dangerous lol). I would like to play a cleric that has good AoE heals and can melee or a cleric that can heal from the damage they do in melee combat. is there such a class or a combo that anyone has had any exp with? I am open to any and all suggestions. To be honest I hate playing clerics but I am willing to give it a shot but not the main healer. people would die a lot cause I love to fight. I don't mind doing AoE heals though. Thanks for the help. Good hunting Guardians and Defiants

Champion of Telara

justicar, reparation + aoe doctrine from convictions is what you're looking for I think.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Rift Disciple

I'll look into that. Thanks for the speedy reply.

Shadowlander

Shaman or Druid main with 14-18 points in Justicar depending on the side.

Do Shaman or Druid main with at least 11 points into Justicar for Reparation and mein of honor.

That will give you melee AoE heals.
    See our RIFT guides for Shaman, Archon, Chloromancer, Bard and more.

All the Guides, News and Information on the Games YOU play.

Visit our new website at www.GamingWeez.com

Rift Disciple

Oh I guess I should have stated why I want this. Almost exclusively for WF and wpvp. I have 2 toons in the late 20's and low 30's just by doing WF. I love it. Hope that helps with the suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkhon View Post
    Oh I guess I should have stated why I want this. Almost exclusively for WF and wpvp. I have 2 toons in the late 20's and low 30's just by doing WF. I love it. Hope that helps with the suggestions
    dont get me wrong, but it's not like there's 10000 suggestions. The ability to be a melee healing cleric is 11 points into justicar.

So your options are:

Heavy shaman, 11 justicar, rest druid
    Heavy druid, 11 justicar, res shaman

full justicar would make you a tank. and you might be able to add inquisitor or a healing soul as the 3rd soul in the 2 options above.

Keep in mind, reparation just got nerfed by 1.1 alpha notes to affect only 5 people, as opposed to everyone aroundm, which will hurt it doing WFs.

I can't speak for Druid, but I am full shaman with 11 in Justicar and rest in Druid for now. Use shaman aboilities and range with the Justicar ranged ability (don't recall the name now) to build convictions. If needbe, through some other Justicar abilities in the rotation ONLY when you need to build convictions and then use the doctrine to AoE heal whenever you have convictions.

It's true that the abilities that you'll be doing DPS with (Shaman) will not build convictions to heal, so you have to stuff in there 1-2 Justicar abilities per rotation if you want to be able to heal constantly. Best option I have found is that ranged ability and the occasional judgment strike, but mostly use shaman abilities.

Hope that helps.
    See our RIFT guides for Shaman, Archon, Chloromancer, Bard and more.

All the Guides, News and Information on the Games YOU play.

Visit our new website at www.GamingWeez.com

+ Reply to Thread