+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best way to cycle VEX? Tab?

Telaran

Default Best way to cycle VEX? Tab?

So my biggest problem with Vex is targeting. It takes me longer to apply to all the mobs than most anuything else I do. Many times I apply it twice to the same mob by mistake... and I always double check I am not pulling mobs from a new group by mistake (Which takes more time).

Any better suggestions than using the tab cycle?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zpah View Post
    So my biggest problem with Vex is targeting. It takes me longer to apply to all the mobs than most anuything else I do. Many times I apply it twice to the same mob by mistake... and I always double check I am not pulling mobs from a new group by mistake (Which takes more time).

I have no solution for you

Same problem. Tab only cycles and affects targets 120 degrees ahead of you. Reaver's auto spread Dots are still better.

Had same problem, i ended up with clicking them after 1-2 tab targets, annoying but it saved me time at least.
    Last edited by Ixpha; 03-24-2011 at 05:20 AM.

Soulwalker

Perhaps a macro?

#show Vex
    cast @mouseover Vex

Bind that macro to whatever hotkey is convenient for you, mouse over targets and spam the key.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zpah View Post

1. On the pull get your target back on the first target vexed using mouse target.

From there it depends on how the mobs stack water Elementals that stack inside each other tab is really the only option)

so for elementals in particular make sure there are no mobs in your frontal arc except your aoe targets in how you execute your pull and plant. You have a LOS obstruction to extra mobs or a step through spin to an area you cleared controls your backfield view preventing getting non pulled mobs for example. It's your pull you control where you end up.

You aren't in a dungeon/raid if you waste the mana of a single vex who cares.

What I generally find with humanoid mob dispersion is a need to slighlty rotate left (I tend to pull left to right) which enables tabbing on the first 2-3 mobs with a rotation back to the right for a tab on the final. Although honestly with humanoids mouse targetting seems faster.

positioning can elminate any potential for new mobs, in terms of mana waste from many reapplications I worry more about knowing after I've cast if I was hitting twice and need another vex up because my concern isn't mana but incoming healing over time. i.e. I hit the vex as I'm registering resetting a 1-3 second vex or newly applied one. react accordingly based on my healthbar etc...

You might try adjsuting where your target appears on your monitor to suit faster recognition.

Telaran

Mana waste is not the issue... time waste is. If I Vex the same targets more than once, it is time spent not targeting other elements of the mob... Therefore.. Sometimes I just choose to switch to another spell, aoe etc... rather than use Vex because of the targeting issue,.... When Vex is even the best spell which is almost always.

+ Reply to Thread