+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Laughter's Three Healer Builds.

RIFT Community Ambassador Laughter's Avatar

Default Laughter's Three Healer Builds.

These are the three builds I personally use to heal with.. feel free to comment or suggest something. So far I have had zero issues healing using them. =]

Purifier: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...Ectdqz.V0E0bcz

Warden: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...cz.xE0xquRqz.V

Sentinel: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...Vz.q0EtfstsR.x

I really don't play with Sentinel too much but if I did my build would look like this maybe a few tweaks.

Last edited by Laughter; 04-07-2011 at 08:07 PM.

Also I switch between Purifier and Warden when healing experts depending on the fight.

Ascendant

For your Warden build, swap the Purifier out for Cabalist. 5% SP > 5% WIS. I'm using this atm and find it works alot better than other Warden builds I've tried.
    For the Purifier build, try something a bit more like this.
    For the Sentinel build, you don't need a sentinel build.

Why wouldn't you take 44 points for your Purifier build? Rite of the Ancestors is very nice I'd rather have wisdom over spell power. Why? Wisdom gives us spell power and mana regen where spell power.. well gives us spell power.

Also I don't use a Sentinel built - if I did it would look like that.
    Last edited by Laughter; 04-07-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Oh yeah I could understand why you would go half and half for Purifier and Sentinel the faster cast time is really great.

I am going for a mitigation purifier build. Which I have healed every expert including the T2's with zero issues. :]

I think they might just fall into a line of play style.

so.... how's it going guys! Hey there Laughter!! How's it going old buddy. Say hi to your invisible friends that you keep talking to in this thread

sorry had to

On topic, what's your gear like? Mainly spellpower.
    Last edited by Melkrow; 04-07-2011 at 08:58 PM.
    Bye Bye Rift. Say hi to Pyros.

Ascendant

I dunno, I quite like a 51 point Purifier build. Once you get to about 900-1000 SP there is no reason to ever cast Healing Invocation as Restorative Flame is just better. Also, I love the 51 point Purifier ability.

But 32/34 Puri/Sent works nicely as well. The idea is to combine the sentinel's casting speed stuff with the bigger heals/shields from Purifier. Still, my tanks prefer my 51Warden/10Sentinel/5cabalist build. They seem to feel safer. /shrug

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Laughter View Post
    I'd rather have wisdom over spell power. Why? Wisdom gives us spell power and mana regen where spell power.. well gives us spell power.
    +1 WIS = +0.75 SP and +miniscule amount of power regen.
    +1 SP = +1 SP.

I have got to the point where I can cast forever without running out of power (unless i'm getting drained) so I don't need WIS for that any more. 5% SP > 5% WIS.

Also keep in mind:

1pt Wisdom = 0.75 point to Spell Power
    1pt Wisdom = 0.33 Mp10

So when choosing wisdom you yes get .25 less spell power but gain mana regen. Which is why I always choose wisdom.

Melkrow - My Healer her T1 set, with a mixture of T1/T2 epics. I always look for the items with more wisdom then intellect. Then of couse try to find the ones with spell power listed also.
    Last edited by Laughter; 04-07-2011 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    +1 WIS = +0.75 SP and +miniscule amount of power regen.
    +1 SP = +1 SP.

I have got to the point where I can cast forever without running out of power (unless i'm getting drained) so I don't need WIS for that any more. 5% SP > 5% WIS.
    I think it again is just a personal preference. I'd rather lose out on .25 spell power but gain .33 mana regen that is just me. I am a huge fan of wisdom.
    Last edited by Laughter; 04-07-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Let's say you have 1000 spell power well 5% of that spell power is 50. I honestly think whatever you choose to take the 50 spell power won't make too much of a difference.

Also same goes for the wisdom! I am going to bed way too sleepy! Night ^^
    Last edited by Laughter; 04-07-2011 at 09:20 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Laughter View Post
    Let's say you have 1000 spell power well 5% of that spell power is 50. I honestly think whatever you choose to take the 50 spell power won't make too much of a difference.

Also same goes for the wisdom! I am going to bed way too sleepy! Night ^^
    5% of 300 WIS is 15.
    5% of 1000 SP is 50.

50 is a much bigger number than 15

WIS also gives you 0.33 power per 10 seconds = 0.033 power per second. multiply that by 15 and you get 0.495 power per second. Which means that you would be able to cast an extra Restorative Flame once every 82 seconds. That amount of power regen is basically useless.

50 SP will take your Deluge from 748 to 773
    50 SP will take your Restorative Flame from 1741 to 1801.
    50 SP will take your Healing Invocation from 1981 to 2050

It makes a big difference over a shorter period.

300 wisdom is kind of low to compare it with 1000 SP.

I'll just compare my stats a suppose.

Wisdom: 370 - 5% is 18 SP
    Spell Power: 741 - 5% is 37 SP

37 - 18 = 19

I guess what I am trying to say is when it comes down to it - At least for me at my current gear level 19 spell power won't make too much of a difference.

Also I am a huge fan of the extra wisdom. You might not have mana issues but that really shouldn't be a reason on why you should stop using a stat that considering I am sure it is the best stat for us due to it boosting two stats (Spell Power and Wisdom)

Also I really think it comes down to a personal choice on what you like the best especially when you compare it to your personal stats.

That is all - Not trying to argue or anything just wanted to share my thoughts on wisdom.

Soulwalker

I like using the 3 healer builds in 1 role it gives you big heals, instant heals & HOTS along with several shields/ Heal on hit & DMG reducing tools.

Also I couldnt live without my macro for when its all going wrong which casts 'Touch the light', 'Flashover' & 'Tidal surge' with 'Restorative flame' This takes your biggest heal makes it crit, adds 50% and instant cast.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast