+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleric patch notes and concerns

Rift Disciple

Default Cleric patch notes and concerns

Here are the current patch notes that concern the cleric souls. Let's have a talk about them and how they will affect us.

Code:
    SOULS
    * Clerics: All cleric Cleanses should now properly remove associated effects.
    * PvP Souls: The cooldown for Break Free has been reduced to 2 minutes. Improved Break Free now reduces the cooldown by 10 seconds per point spent.

CABALIST
    * Nebulous Haze: Now increases cast time by the 20% advertised on the tooltip.
    * Decay: Lurking Decay will now always trigger, even if Obliterate or Tyranny kills the enemy outright.

DRUID
    * Trickster Spirit, Slothful Spirit, Spiteful Spirit: Reduced the damage to better account for the attached debuffs.
    * Fury of the Fae: Now a pet-cast buff that increases the group/raid's Attack Power and Spell Power for 30 seconds with a 10 second cooldown. Shares stacking with Bard's Motif of Bravery.
    * Satyr: Increased the ratio of the owner's Spell Power converted into the Satyr's Attack Power.

INQUISITOR
    * Fanaticism: No longer consumed by Shroud of Agony.
    * Purge: No longer unintentionally removes debuffs that are caused by buffs (ex: the debuff from Battlefield Distraction).
    * Shroud of Agony: No longer triggers on falling damage.

JUSTICAR
    * Reparation: Now affects up to 5 targets.

PURIFIER
    * Shield of the Ancestors and related buffs now appear in the combat log.
    * Caregiver's Blessing: No longer procs off of procced heals.
    * Surging Flames: Now converts 50% of overhealing.
    * Divine Cascade: Reduced Spell Power contribution. Now has a stack size of 1 per caster instead of 1 total, but only triggers when target is healed by the caster rather than anyone. 
    * Spirit Rupture: Fixed the contribution from Spell Power.

SENTINEL
    * Vigilance: Now triggers more consistently.
    * Serendipity: Now properly affects heals that are queued immediately after being triggered.

SHAMAN
    * Strike of the Maelstrom: Rank 1 is no longer unintentionally affected by Stormborn.
    * Glacial Shield: Ranks 2 and up now work properly with overwrites of similar abilities - Shield of Oak can overwrite Glacial Shield, and vice versa.
    * Lust for Blood: Fixed tooltip to more accurately describe functionality.
    * Ageless Ice: Description now properly mentions that it does not trigger a global cooldown.

WARDEN
    * Tidal Resonance: No longer consumed by actions that are not Heal Over Time spells.
    * Track Water Creatures: Wardens can now use this ability to track creatures from Water Rifts.
    * Well of Life: Now has a 35 meter range.

Personally I'm very concerned that they haven't touched upon the multitude of bad skills and spells in our calling, nor the concerns often expressed on this forum;

- Too low dps on the justicar which equals low threat generation
    - Melee dps for pve is very lackluster (and now they nerf damage on some druid abilities)
    - Concern for lack of scaling with Purifier shields
    - Very unforgiving Warden healing rotation
    - Terrible scaling on Inquisitors BoJ

Then comes the bad spells, talents and synergies between the two;

Sentinel:
    - Righteous Burden (30% snare for 2 points on a 2 second cast dps ability? Kinda useless considering all the other options available)
    - Shards of Light (We don't have a dps soul that focus on light damage, justicars don't pick this up for any reason at all - much better options out there)

Inquisitor:
    - Bad scaling on Bolt of Judgement
    - Armor of Devotion's +3% crit is hardly useful for PvE considering they get an armor with +3% damage at the same time.. its useful for the endurance you get, but still, it might be useful to take a look at these two armor spells.
    - Aggressive Renewal is currently one of the worst mana regen abilities our dps souls have, it doesn't give you that much mana back and its on a 2 minute cooldown with no way to reduce it. The damage is nothing to write home about either
    - Harsh Discipline and Lethargy are likewise not picked up that often from what I've seen and with good reason; they don't do much of anything tbh. Very lackluster. Either increase the healing you get or up the damage on it, along with a higher % snare.
    - Bewilder ought to be instant cast, 1.5 second cast and breaks on damage is hardly useful when we have no way to reduce the chance it breaks on damage. Maybe reduce the range to balance it with rogue talents.
    - Excommunicate (spell) should be taken of global cooldown or push people further back
    - Armor of Awakening doesn't do much at all, pretty much useless.
    - Shroud of Agony is a bad ability as well, it doesn't proc unless you get hit (making it useless for PvE), and the damage it does is very very low (at lvl 50 with about 800 spellpower it does 40 damage a tick)

Cabalist (I haven't played this soul a lot)
    - Dark Passage often just puts you in the same place, I find it rather useless
    - Maelstrom is too situational and requires too many talent points to be marginally useful
    - Nebulous Haze ought to be instant cast

Druid
    - Touch of the Fae is kinda bad for what it does, 5% endurance to you and 25% to pet, pet already dies very easily and giving it 25% more endurance is not going to solve that. 5% to you is nothing, tanks should not pick this talent either as going into inquisitor and using Armor of Devotion will give you way more endurance
    - Heed the Call feels very lackluster, maybe if it decreased mana cost as well it would be a bit more useful
    - Slumber ought to be instant cast
    - Weight of the World should increase crit damage/healing to 20% to bring it up to other talents
    - Natural Dedication doesn't need 2 minute cooldown for what it does
    - The Satyrs +15% attack power doesn't benefit the cleric himself very much, it needs to be looked at
    - Trickster Spirits debuff is very lackluster and ought to be looked at
    - The damage of this tree need to be looked at, it feels very low compared to what you can get from other souls, and the pet (fae or satyr) doesn't do all that much either

Justicar
    - Doctrine of Valiance is just bad. Uses 4 convictions, doesn't heal that much, doesn't do that much damage, no one should pick this up in its current state. To fix it; up the damage, up the healing, or; keep the healing and up the damage a bit, but it should only remove 1 conviction.
    - In general this soul needs to do a tad more damage (this goes for Druid and Shaman too) and especially when you remove all synergy to other souls dps spells with the Mien of Leadership

Purifier
    - I haven't messed around much with this tree, but there is a general lack of concern for how the shields don't scale with spellpower which effectively renders this soul tree lackluster for raids
    - Spirit Guidance with +5% wisdom is very low, it basically gives you around 20 extra (assuming 400 wisdom).. maybe it should increase mana regen or something instead?

Shaman
    - Massive Blow ought to be.. Massive, it doesn't do much damage for being the bread and butter spell of this soul
    - Lust for Blood ought to work with other souls melee abilities, such as justicar for instance
    - The heart spells should be reworked into 1 spell instead of 3, or if kept at 1, maybe they should be increased in power slightly. They are very lackluster atm
    - Vengeance of the Winter Storm 8 damage at lvl 50, with atk/spell power modified into it, it provides 20 damage each time you use a melee ability. Thats not very much considering the general low damage of the soul

Warden
    - Dehydrate, I'm not sure why this talent is even here, its so bad it hurts my brain just to think of why it was made.. increase the damage vastly, remove cast time and it could be useful
    - Restorative Tide should be changed, its not very good. If you have 400 wisdom, it heals you for 600 over 12 seconds. It should be changed to instant heal and have an internal cooldown of about 8 seconds or so
    - Ebb and Flow is also very bad, too low proc chance for what it gives you.. at 5 stacks you get +10% wisdom which roughly translates into 40 extra with better than average gear. It should either give more wisdom, have higher proc chance, or do something completely different
    - I've heard and read a lot of concern that Warden is not a very good healing soul for keeping a tank alive on t2/raid, but I've also heard the opposite. So possibly its fine, but it does have a very unforgiving rotation for healing a tank properly (and the horrible UI for healing doesn't help either!)... if your Soothing Stream falls off in combat due to whatever, you get very far behind on keeping the tank alive, and Warden doesn't have any good "oh **** we're in trouble" buttons. I think there should be a way to add more than 1 Soothing Stream per cast, or reduce how many stacks you need to max out the healing.

let me hear your own opinions of the patch and which spells/talents/souls ought to be looked more at, the above is mostly my own experience and some of it based on what I've read around the forum and ingame
    Farly - Guardian Cleric, Firesand
    Luisi - Guardian Rogue, Firesand

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Whakapapa View Post
    Here are the current patch notes that concern the cleric souls. Let's have a talk about them and how they will affect us.

Code:
    SOULS
    * Clerics: All cleric Cleanses should now properly remove associated effects.
    * PvP Souls: The cooldown for Break Free has been reduced to 2 minutes. Improved Break Free now reduces the cooldown by 10 seconds per point spent.

CABALIST
    * Nebulous Haze: Now increases cast time by the 20% advertised on the tooltip.
    * Decay: Lurking Decay will now always trigger, even if Obliterate or Tyranny kills the enemy outright.

DRUID
    * Trickster Spirit, Slothful Spirit, Spiteful Spirit: Reduced the damage to better account for the attached debuffs.
    * Fury of the Fae: Now a pet-cast buff that increases the group/raid's Attack Power and Spell Power for 30 seconds with a 10 second cooldown. Shares stacking with Bard's Motif of Bravery.
    * Satyr: Increased the ratio of the owner's Spell Power converted into the Satyr's Attack Power.

INQUISITOR
    * Fanaticism: No longer consumed by Shroud of Agony.
    * Purge: No longer unintentionally removes debuffs that are caused by buffs (ex: the debuff from Battlefield Distraction).
    * Shroud of Agony: No longer triggers on falling damage.

JUSTICAR
    * Reparation: Now affects up to 5 targets.

PURIFIER
    * Shield of the Ancestors and related buffs now appear in the combat log.
    * Caregiver's Blessing: No longer procs off of procced heals.
    * Surging Flames: Now converts 50% of overhealing.
    * Divine Cascade: Reduced Spell Power contribution. Now has a stack size of 1 per caster instead of 1 total, but only triggers when target is healed by the caster rather than anyone. 
    * Spirit Rupture: Fixed the contribution from Spell Power.

SENTINEL
    * Vigilance: Now triggers more consistently.
    * Serendipity: Now properly affects heals that are queued immediately after being triggered.

SHAMAN
    * Strike of the Maelstrom: Rank 1 is no longer unintentionally affected by Stormborn.
    * Glacial Shield: Ranks 2 and up now work properly with overwrites of similar abilities - Shield of Oak can overwrite Glacial Shield, and vice versa.
    * Lust for Blood: Fixed tooltip to more accurately describe functionality.
    * Ageless Ice: Description now properly mentions that it does not trigger a global cooldown.

WARDEN
    * Tidal Resonance: No longer consumed by actions that are not Heal Over Time spells.
    * Track Water Creatures: Wardens can now use this ability to track creatures from Water Rifts.
    * Well of Life: Now has a 35 meter range.

Personally I'm very concerned that they haven't touched upon the multitude of bad skills and spells in our calling, nor the concerns often expressed on this forum;

- Too low dps on the justicar which equals low threat generation
    - Melee dps for pve is very lackluster (and now they nerf damage on some druid abilities)
    - Concern for lack of scaling with Purifier shields
    - Very unforgiving Warden healing rotation
    - Terrible scaling on Inquisitors BoJ

Then comes the bad spells, talents and synergies between the two;

Sentinel:
    - Righteous Burden (30% snare for 2 points on a 2 second cast dps ability? Kinda useless considering all the other options available)
    - Shards of Light (We don't have a dps soul that focus on light damage, justicars don't pick this up for any reason at all - much better options out there)

Inquisitor:
    - Bad scaling on Bolt of Judgement
    - Armor of Devotion's +3% crit is hardly useful for PvE considering they get an armor with +3% damage at the same time.. its useful for the endurance you get, but still, it might be useful to take a look at these two armor spells.
    - Aggressive Renewal is currently one of the worst mana regen abilities our dps souls have, it doesn't give you that much mana back and its on a 2 minute cooldown with no way to reduce it. The damage is nothing to write home about either
    - Harsh Discipline and Lethargy are likewise not picked up that often from what I've seen and with good reason; they don't do much of anything tbh. Very lackluster. Either increase the healing you get or up the damage on it, along with a higher % snare.
    - Bewilder ought to be instant cast, 1.5 second cast and breaks on damage is hardly useful when we have no way to reduce the chance it breaks on damage. Maybe reduce the range to balance it with rogue talents.
    - Excommunicate (spell) should be taken of global cooldown or push people further back
    - Armor of Awakening doesn't do much at all, pretty much useless.
    - Shroud of Agony is a bad ability as well, it doesn't proc unless you get hit (making it useless for PvE), and the damage it does is very very low (at lvl 50 with about 800 spellpower it does 40 damage a tick)

Cabalist (I haven't played this soul a lot)
    - Dark Passage often just puts you in the same place, I find it rather useless
    - Maelstrom is too situational and requires too many talent points to be marginally useful
    - Nebulous Haze ought to be instant cast

Druid
    - Touch of the Fae is kinda bad for what it does, 5% endurance to you and 25% to pet, pet already dies very easily and giving it 25% more endurance is not going to solve that. 5% to you is nothing, tanks should not pick this talent either as going into inquisitor and using Armor of Devotion will give you way more endurance
    - Heed the Call feels very lackluster, maybe if it decreased mana cost as well it would be a bit more useful
    - Slumber ought to be instant cast
    - Weight of the World should increase crit damage/healing to 20% to bring it up to other talents
    - Natural Dedication doesn't need 2 minute cooldown for what it does
    - The Satyrs +15% attack power doesn't benefit the cleric himself very much, it needs to be looked at
    - Trickster Spirits debuff is very lackluster and ought to be looked at
    - The damage of this tree need to be looked at, it feels very low compared to what you can get from other souls, and the pet (fae or satyr) doesn't do all that much either

Justicar
    - Doctrine of Valiance is just bad. Uses 4 convictions, doesn't heal that much, doesn't do that much damage, no one should pick this up in its current state. To fix it; up the damage, up the healing, or; keep the healing and up the damage a bit, but it should only remove 1 conviction.
    - In general this soul needs to do a tad more damage (this goes for Druid and Shaman too) and especially when you remove all synergy to other souls dps spells with the Mien of Leadership

Purifier
    - I haven't messed around much with this tree, but there is a general lack of concern for how the shields don't scale with spellpower which effectively renders this soul tree lackluster for raids
    - Spirit Guidance with +5% wisdom is very low, it basically gives you around 20 extra (assuming 400 wisdom).. maybe it should increase mana regen or something instead?

Shaman
    - Massive Blow ought to be.. Massive, it doesn't do much damage for being the bread and butter spell of this soul
    - Lust for Blood ought to work with other souls melee abilities, such as justicar for instance
    - The heart spells should be reworked into 1 spell instead of 3, or if kept at 1, maybe they should be increased in power slightly. They are very lackluster atm
    - Vengeance of the Winter Storm 8 damage at lvl 50, with atk/spell power modified into it, it provides 20 damage each time you use a melee ability. Thats not very much considering the general low damage of the soul

Warden
    - Dehydrate, I'm not sure why this talent is even here, its so bad it hurts my brain just to think of why it was made.. increase the damage vastly, remove cast time and it could be useful
    - Restorative Tide should be changed, its not very good. If you have 400 wisdom, it heals you for 600 over 12 seconds. It should be changed to instant heal and have an internal cooldown of about 8 seconds or so
    - Ebb and Flow is also very bad, too low proc chance for what it gives you.. at 5 stacks you get +10% wisdom which roughly translates into 40 extra with better than average gear. It should either give more wisdom, have higher proc chance, or do something completely different
    - I've heard and read a lot of concern that Warden is not a very good healing soul for keeping a tank alive on t2/raid, but I've also heard the opposite. So possibly its fine, but it does have a very unforgiving rotation for healing a tank properly (and the horrible UI for healing doesn't help either!)... if your Soothing Stream falls off in combat due to whatever, you get very far behind on keeping the tank alive, and Warden doesn't have any good "oh **** we're in trouble" buttons. I think there should be a way to add more than 1 Soothing Stream per cast, or reduce how many stacks you need to max out the healing.

let me hear your own opinions of the patch and which spells/talents/souls ought to be looked more at, the above is mostly my own experience and some of it based on what I've read around the forum and ingame
    from my experience as a purifier:

healing blessing

is worthless. with ~1000 sp it heals for ~250/hit for 6 hit, consumes gcd and is only castable on self. I.e. it heals just a bit more than healing breath, has a talented 1:30cd instead of 8 sec, can only be used on self.

this means that in pve it is useless (6hits in pve=death, lol even 3-4is death 250isn't 'mitigration' its nothing. In pvp likewise, wasting a gcd to reduce the damage you are dealt from 2k to 1750 is laughable.

suggestion: make it castable on others, increase the healing just a bit, make it not consume a gcd

caregiver's blessing

make it not consume a gcd, currently a waste of gcd since, (once again) casting any other healing spell will give more hps

blessing of the flame

currently 4% chance for your next healing spell to not cost mp. It is actually a t6 talent that is much worse than a t1 talent.

suggestion: make it 4% chance for any healing used on next 5 secs to not consume mana. This would mean that if you are spamming your 3sec cast it has no differance that what it is now. but it also means that if it procs you have a small window to cast 2 aoe heals, or your 3sec and an instant, etc, mitigrating some mana intensive moments.

disciple of the flame

currently 5% +2%/point over 36points buff to shield.

suggestion either change this to 5% +3%/point to help little with the fact that shields don't scale and in t2 they need some boost. Better alternative: change it to 5% +3%/point of your sp is added to shields (i.e. a bit like ancestral flame, except that instead of 60% of sp, with a 51point pur you will have a 50% of sp)

healing flare

atm the most worthless healing skill in the game. Instant with no gcd, yes. But massive mp cost and actually heals for so little tat it's useless to use.

suggestion: increase it's mp cost by 200% and increase it's healing by 250%. This will make it an extremely high cost spell but will actually heal. Meaning that in an emergency you could spam it 2-3times (and sacrifice a massive amount of mp in the proccess) but will help.

The patch doesn't seem to change much about how clerics are played, maybe to a small extent the nerfs to purifier and justicar.

It's mostly bug fixes and minor buffs, which we welcome.
    Indeed they could go on and fix some of the problems with Cleric DPS( melee PVP especially ) and to a certain extent Cleric Tanking. Sure we have our share of utterly useless talents and some issues, but they are not glaring to make us go crazy or other callings to yell nerf.
    My preference is that they would focus more on the other callings in buffing/nerfing them to bring them on par as balance POV and on more content ( again PVP - 4 WFs meeeh ) .

The thing is clerics are mostly happy at this point because they aren't pigeonholed into one spec, don't have a OMG OP spec that you have to play to be successful and it all works out in the end. You can see all sorts of clerics running around happily
    Last edited by Shaynaro; 03-24-2011 at 03:41 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shaynaro View Post
    The patch doesn't seem to change much about how clerics are played, maybe to a small extent the nerfs to purifier and justicar.

It's mostly bug fixes and minor buffs, which we welcome.
    Indeed they could go on and fix some of the problems with Cleric DPS( melee PVP especially ) and to a certain extent Cleric Tanking. Sure we have our share of utterly useless talents and some issues, but they are not glaring to make us go crazy or other callings to yell nerf.
    My preference is that they would focus more on the other callings in buffing/nerfing them to bring them on par as balance POV and on more content ( again PVP - 4 WFs meeeh ) .

The thing is clerics are mostly happy at this point because they aren't pigeonholed into one spec, don't have a OMG OP spec that you have to play to be successful and it all works out in the end. You can see all sorts of clerics running around happily
    the problem is 3 souls imo in cleric right now.

mdps needs some love, instead they get hit by a slight nerf (druids)
    purifer was just marginally better MT healer at the expense of any aoe heal and a little dps on trash pulls, now there is no reason to roll them instead of sent, since they nerfed his little aoe ability and dps on trash pulls.

I wish that any of our melee DPS spec's did.. well... DPS. That's about the only thing I'd like to see addressed. Even the nerfs to Purifier are minor at best. Goes from 70% to 50%. It's a hit, but not a MAJOR hit.

The Justicar thing had to happen. People were abusing the crap out of it.
    Lord Rendar
    Knight, UDL
    www.undeadlords.net
    Sunrest-RP PvP

Telaran

Along with that Satyr change did they actually fix how it affects the cleric themselves? That's what I want to know.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Nishu View Post
    Along with that Satyr change did they actually fix how it affects the cleric themselves? That's what I want to know.
    Yes it's a different ability now, works like the air elemental buff, it's autocast and up all the time, does the same thing as the bard buff. It's a buff when soloing since it gives like 62 or 72AP/SP(forgot the exact value, might also be 68), but a huge nerf to raiding since the current 15%AP is a unique buff that alone made bringing a druid worth it. Without it, there's really no reason to bring a cleric to DPS. And with the AE requirements not going down but typical AE healers getting nerfed, there's probably not more cleric healing spots either, just gonna need more chloros/bards to compensate.

While this patch doesn't change all that much for clerics, the changes to other classes are pretty negative for clerics in raids. Now good players will still get raid spots, but as a raid leader if you wanted to make the best raid possible, you'd probably cut as many clerics as possible. They really don't bring much that other classes can't do, you'd just need a couple for tank healing since chloros don't stack on tank healing, but that's about it.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Shaynaro View Post
    While it is nice we have a bit more freedom, I would still like to see some of our concerns taken serious, mostly the melee dps being subpar to ranged dps. There is little reason to bring a melee cleric along rather than ranged cleric as the ranged one simply just outshines the melee vastly.. hell even when I'm playing my melee pvp spec, I do more damage with my ranged abilities than my melee abilities even though I specced for melee there is something seriously wrong with how it scales. And now that they nerfed justicar to only healing 5 people, I seriously doubt I will run with that spec anymore :/ it made me feel useful as I could survive and heal, I've never healed as much as with that spec in a warfront - and no, I don't see it as a problem with justicar, but mostly a problem with the other souls being too squishy even when we're wearing chain.
    Last edited by Whakapapa; 03-24-2011 at 05:43 AM.

These are ALPHA patch notes people. They are not set in stone....yet at least. I'd suggest waiting for them to go live on the main servers before freaking out.

I personally don't play purifier simply because I don't like their AOE heal mechanic. If the tank is taking serious damage or not at full health then you don't get any AOE heals. With sentinal, you can AOE heal without that issue coming into affect and you don't have to check if the tank is at full health to decide to AOE heal or just single-target heal. It is a life or death situation I don't like to play with.
    Last edited by StChoch; 03-24-2011 at 06:07 AM.

Champion of Telara

maelstrom is certainly nowhere near useless in pvp, I think you just haven't run into enough aoe bomb groups yet

2 mages, cabalist, 2 healers premade maelstrom, aoe... pref stormcaller + pyro on the mages.

justicar threat generation is certainly not an issue

I don't understand the druid nerfs though...

purifier spirit rupture nerfed, sucks cuz it worked well for inquisitor pure damage builds (51/13/2)

oh well, I am glad serendipity is fixed!
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Telaran

I wouldve definately like to see a damage increase on the justi, also cleric dps imo needs to be up

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by StChoch View Post
    These are ALPHA patch notes people. They are not set in stone....yet at least. I'd suggest waiting for them to go live on the main servers before freaking out.
    Its not about freaking out, its about providing feedback to Trion

Why in the hell did they nerf Spirit Rupture? It actually gave inquisitors a decent dps rotation that was good on mana. They seriously need to fix our garbage Bolt of Judgment.
    Bokor - Cleric (Warrior Priest)

Quote Originally Posted by Whakapapa View Post
    Its not about freaking out, its about providing feedback to Trion
    True but people are taking these changes as if they are happening right now and are thus, freaking out (This is just in general, not particularly to Clerics or OP but to all other classes too).
    Last edited by StChoch; 03-24-2011 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulciber1261 View Post
    I wouldve definately like to see a damage increase on the justi, also cleric dps imo needs to be up
    +1

I feel like the only viable DPS spec we offer is inquisitor. All other DPS specs are not raid-worthy imo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast