+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best inquisitor (expert istance T2) spec?

Telaran

Default Best inquisitor (expert istance T2) spec?

What is the best spec (and the rotation) for inquisitors pve single target best dps?
    I play shaman on expert istances but at some fights melee are very much penalized and i want a role with ranged damage for those encounters.
    Any help?

Soulwalker

im playing this spec and it gives me a good single target dps (boss fights)

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...ExkVxx0q.VtVoz

macro
    cast curse of solitude (cabalist)
    cast sanction heretic (inqui)
    cast dark water (cabalist)
    cast vex (inqui)

rotation
    1. spiritual deficiency
    2. macro
    3. spam bolt of judgment, when u got a insta bolt of depravity let it rip

4. dot's runout, macro it is again

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Honaw View Post

macro
    cast vex (inqui)

rotation
    1. spiritual deficiency
    2. macro

Thx, it seems a very good build.
    Other ideas or this is the best?

Soulwalker

not having circle of oblivion is a bad move i think, and adding dark water/curse to rotation just slows down chances of BoD procs,

you really do want 51 points in Inq, at least 10 in cab (5/5 Stroke of Genius + 5/5 Death's Grasp) and the last 5 points can be spent in other trees, i chose warden for 5/5 Destructive Tide, since it gives the highest damage increase per point

Soulwalker

circle of oblivion on single target = waste of mana and waste dps on single target

for aoe - not that good in aoe situation since u can spam decay + tranny from cabalist, much more dmg on aoe than circle of oblivion
    aoe rotation

fanaticisam
    soul drain
    bound fate
    decay
    3* tranny

if u got low on mana decay, pop sigil of power spam tranny 3 times on 5 -7 mobs (on 7 mobs u will get 2200 mana back)

sanction heretic has 15sec cd(20% to trigger Bod, trigger effect has 6sec cd in this 6 sec u can put 2 more dots), 2 more dot= more dps

Personally I've been running around with this spec.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00....ExkVtx0q.V0xz

I have yet to understand why people take Dark Harbor over Luminous Graze. 5% crit helps your entire dps team. Dark Harbor helps you and you shouldn't be in the situation in the first place that some resistance will win you the fight. Many classes have reactive abilities for crits and the damage is just plain good.

With my T1 epics/blues and pvp rank 2 epics I am looking at 800 SP, 21.80% self buffed +5% from luminous graze. Those are pretty nice BoD procs that should overcome the added GCD to cast Luminous Graze from you alone, not mention the crits you "donate" to others.

4% mana at 3297 mana is 52 mana, exactly the cost of Vex. Really overlooked powerful talent.

I have yet to parse data and numbers, but that's cause I'm lazy.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Honaw View Post

macro
    cast vex (inqui)

rotation
    1. spiritual deficiency
    2. macro

I've tried this spec and the routine and it put out a nice dps (but around 10-15% less dps that my shaman spec at the dummies). Then only problem is the mana for the single target dps, it goes down very fast and aggressive renewal is not helping much.. but for my concern (secondary spec for melee unfriendly boss) it's ok. And the aoe damage is very very good, i think that i'll use this spec also for trash mobs.
    Last edited by Hari; 03-25-2011 at 01:19 AM.

Rift Chaser

I've got a 51 inq 10 sent 5 cab build which i love, seems to do okay dps, and they few dungeons that i do dps, im usually up there with every one else. I figured the 20% more crit from both the inq and sent tree stacks nice, plus u get healing breath (nice ic heal) and a rez if needed for any wipes, plus the 5% more spellpower in sent tree too. I love the sent tree, its my main spec, but i found that it compliments the inq cause of the life magics, where cab is just death. Im not saying this is THE dps route,but just saying and extra 40% to crit damage and 5% more spellpower is nice.

Drunkhealer

PS edit* and yesh! I do love to release those hard hitting free fan. boj's. I always get a good laugh at the chunk of life ive just taken out from a mob/player/boss.
    Last edited by Drunkhealer; 03-25-2011 at 01:28 AM.

Wrong, nvm
    Last edited by Shaynaro; 03-25-2011 at 01:49 AM.

@OP

That rotation and spec is kind of mehh and pretty bad overall.

9/10 classes in any game you never want to have cast time spells as dots.

The concept of curse of solitude is an alright one but its only up every 30 seconds and your dots need to be renew every 12 - 14.

Dark waters is not worth it at all cause that's taking 2 seconds just to put a mediocre dot on there which means you can cast less bolts because you will have to worry about refreshing those previous dots you casted quicker because of a cast time. Your only shot would be too cast dark waters first then all the instants but even still its a horrible rotation and overall spec.

41/inquis/15 Cabalist and 10/Sent is miles better.

Sanc/Vex/Deprav/Deprav/Vengenace/Depra/Boltofjudgement or another deprav depending on how much time you have to refresh Dots.

Your two dots rolling with deprav and venegance will be perfect.

Your dots and deprav's dot will all scale with the cabalist extra dot damage.

Spamming judgements will not pull nearly as much and praying for a deprav proc is too RNG for a spell that hits like a truck and leaves a dot that scales with talents. You can spec into the 5/5 judgement cast for trash/quick add swaps or as a filler when your vex/sanc is gonna drop off and you have enough time for a cast but not enough for a deprav.

Also using the extra Crit armor is the best choice.

>>> My Youtube Channel <<<
    >>> Creator of the Senticar Soul <<<
    No, I am arrogant,I do not care for you're feelings and 90% of my comments our trolls. The other 20% our from the heart and our to help spread the Love and Knowledge ;)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by VeroProDiGY View Post
    @OP

That rotation and spec is kind of mehh and pretty bad overall.

9/10 classes in any game you never want to have cast time spells as dots.

The concept of curse of solitude is an alright one but its only up every 30 seconds and your dots need to be renew every 12 - 14.

Dark waters is not worth it at all cause that's taking 2 seconds just to put a mediocre dot on there which means you can cast less bolts because you will have to worry about refreshing those previous dots you casted quicker because of a cast time. Your only shot would be too cast dark waters first then all the instants but even still its a horrible rotation and overall spec.

41/inquis/15 Cabalist and 10/Sent is miles better.

Sanc/Vex/Deprav/Deprav/Vengenace/Depra/Boltofjudgement or another deprav depending on how much time you have to refresh Dots.

Your two dots rolling with deprav and venegance will be perfect.

Your dots and deprav's dot will all scale with the cabalist extra dot damage.

Spamming judgements will not pull nearly as much and praying for a deprav proc is too RNG for a spell that hits like a truck and leaves a dot that scales with talents. You can spec into the 5/5 judgement cast for trash/quick add swaps or as a filler when your vex/sanc is gonna drop off and you have enough time for a cast but not enough for a deprav.

Also using the extra Crit armor is the best choice.
    Care to post an exact spec and some parses? I've been toying a lot with Inquis builds since hitting 50 and I'm gettin tired of spending all my plat to discover a dps build thats still inferior to the tried and true 46/10/10 Inq,Sent,Cab.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaynaro View Post
    I have yet to understand why people take Dark Harbor over Luminous Graze. 5% crit helps your entire dps team
    Once you run with a Rogue DPS you will see that it doesn't stack with their poison (that all good rogues will use) and they can keep it up without wasting a GCD.

@OP I've been running 51 inquis/ 10 cab/ 5 sent and so far its the best single target build I've played for Cleric Caster dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSorrow View Post
    So just because this doesn't work like every other game it's bad?
    Adapt, adopt and improve. If you can't do that, maybe it's something other than the game that's bad.
    Level 50 Cleric:Tuskon

Quote Originally Posted by Thellian View Post
    Care to post an exact spec and some parses? I've been toying a lot with Inquis builds since hitting 50 and I'm gettin tired of spending all my plat to discover a dps build thats still inferior to the tried and true 46/10/10 Inq,Sent,Cab.

Two possible specs ( and small deviations)

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00doj.EEkigtkqz.V0V.V

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...Vxx0qz.VxV.V0V

No, I am arrogant,I do not care for you're feelings and 90% of my comments our trolls. The other 20% our from the heart and our to help spread the Love and Knowledge ;)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by VeroProDiGY View Post
    if most of your rotation is bod, why don't u just go 51 cab and get 40% dmg boost on bod...

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrosamurai View Post
    if most of your rotation is bod, why don't u just go 51 cab and get 40% dmg boost on bod...
    Cause then Sanction and Vex and Vengeance would do **** for damage.

You would lose Corporal Punishment,Fantacism ,Free BoD procs,BoD dot, 3 crit and less mana cost, as well as 40% increase on all crit damage

Also an edit to my second spec:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...Vxx0qz.VxV.V0x

20% crit damage not 10% on healing spells.
    Last edited by VeroProDiGY; 03-25-2011 at 03:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast