+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to stay alive in PvP?

Default How to stay alive in PvP?

Please tell me.

I'm getting very frustrated. I play 51/10/5 inq/temp/sent.

Heres how most PvP battled go down:

Enemy sees me. I'm a Cleric so they think I'm the main healer. One of the billionty stuns in the game hits me and I can't move then I'm dead. It doesn't even take more than 1 person, just an OP war can do this by themself, or a Pyromancer with circle of stun.

Break Free only helps in 1v1, ever other situation is just CC spam.

How do you other Iinquisitors stay alive? Tried putting some Points in Justicar but that just seriously gimps my DPS and has no extra CC resistance whatsoever, which is the main contributing factor to me dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Utherix View Post
    Please tell me.

Enemy sees me. I'm a Cleric so they think I'm the main healer. One of the billionty stuns in the game hits me and I can't move then I'm dead. It doesn't even take more than 1 person, just an OP war can do this by themself, or a Pyromancer with circle of stun.

How do you other Iinquisitors stay alive? Tried putting some Points in Justicar but that just seriously gimps my DPS and has no extra CC resistance whatsoever, which is the main contributing factor to me dying.

It's a problem which the templar tree fixes quite well. Unfortunately this is only accessible to the grinders of Rift.

Or if you would like to look at it in a different way, 50 isn't the last level for PvP, theres another 9 in respective terms.

So ye 50 PvP is no more balanced than 40-49 PvP.

Sigh. It's just that its really pissing me off because I know that there are a hundred other games I could switch to right now that wouldn't force me to grind the amazingly boring WFs Trion has provided for us just to have a fair chance against Callings and Souls that already have CC reduction built into them.

And to think I defended PvP levels pre-launch.

Sigh. It's just that its really pissing me off because I know that there are a hundred other games I could switch to right now that wouldn't force me to grind the amazingly boring WFs Trion has provided for us just to have a fair chance against Callings and Souls that already have CC reduction built into them.

And to think I defended PvP levels pre-launch.
    yep, the more I play the game, the more I detest that templar requires full PvP levels. If only they reduced it to maybe level 3 for full 21 points, because currently anything less than full 21 isn't all that useful.
    Last edited by Refuge; 03-24-2011 at 12:03 AM.

Rift Chaser

Justicar (or templar when you get up in ranks). That's it. You want to survive in PvP make a hybrid with Justicar.

Inq/Just
    Sent/Just

Those are my builds and I survive fine unless I get mobbed and my team isn't around or doesn't help. Also keep moving when the enemy is around as much as possible. Those 21 points you're wishing you could put in Templar will serve you almost as well placed in to Justicar (if not better in some ways).
    Last edited by Unspecified; 03-24-2011 at 12:34 AM.
    My hybrid just kicked your ***, how sad are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Unspecified View Post
    Justicar (or templar when you get up in ranks). That's it. You want to survive in PvP make a hybrid with Justicar.

Inq/Just
    Sent/Just

Those are my builds and I survive fine unless I get mobbed and my team isn't around or doesn't help. Also keep moving when the enemy is around as much as possible. Those 21 points you're wishing you could put in Templar will serve you almost as well placed in to Justicar (if not better in some ways).
    Like I said in the OP, I tried that. With Justicar I m still able to be CC'd and bursted down, despite having 30% damage reduction from all attacks, and about 15-20% physical damage reduction from armor.

I'm talking 1v1 btw. In most WF the team is likely to be of the braindead quality of player so heals or any support at all cant really be counted on.

I just started testin Justicar today though and I'm not used to it or familiar with ny builds. Perhaps you could share yours and I'll try it out tomorrow.
    Last edited by Utherix; 03-24-2011 at 12:41 AM.

Rift Chaser

I'm not sure where you're getting the 30% reduction from all attacks... but your 15-20% from armor needs improvement. At 50 in blues from Charmer's and Abyssal only I have 30% damage reduction (after the first tier Justicar tree armor boost) from armor then an extra 15% from all sources from the Justicar tree. I also like to take the parry from spellpower skill, which gives me 23% parry chance with my gear (have to make sure you stay facing the target).

Then it's all about managing Convictions and spamming doctrines as needed while keeping your DoTs up. It's slow but I don't lose 1v1 except against some mages.

Edit: I also use a 2h hammer and don't touch any of the block skills. That really does gimp DPS if you use a shield.
    Last edited by Unspecified; 03-24-2011 at 01:08 AM.
    My hybrid just kicked your ***, how sad are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Unspecified View Post
    I'm not sure where you're getting the 30% reduction from all attacks... but your 15-20% from armor needs improvement. At 50 in blues from Charmer's and Abyssal only I have 30% damage reduction (after the first tier Justicar tree armor boost) from armor then an extra 15% from all sources from the Justicar tree. I also like to take the parry from spellpower skill, which gives me 23% parry chance with my gear (have to make sure you stay facing the target).

Then it's all about managing Convictions and spamming doctrines as needed while keeping your DoTs up. It's slow but I don't lose 1v1 except against some mages.

Edit: I also use a 2h hammer and don't touch any of the block skills. That really does gimp DPS if you use a shield.
    Yes, sorry. I mean 15% reduction from damage from Justicar "Shield of Faith" and 15% crit chance reduction from Templar. I have no idea why I added them.

And I had a hunch about the no shield thing, I'll have to try that.

Still looking foward to you posting your spec.

Rift Disciple

For pvp use 16 points in warden at minimum with any build together with at least 5 points in templar

Detaunt. Prehot yourself. Keep ORBS on you as much as possible.

I use this in every build always. Warden is just a must in pvp.
    For the most awesome game understanding and balancing ideea :
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    ... look and tuned down at the so powerful self heals and damage output that some clerics can do ,maybe add 3-4 sec cd for the big heals ( more than 400 heal ) it can be a good idea ...

Just think of it this way. They aren't hitting your actual healers. Assuming you have actual healers on your team of course. I typically survive pretty well with my healing spec, but I hang back quite a bit. This isn't an option for an Inquisitor unfortunately.

I made a thread a few days ago asking why the PVP soul is tied to a grind, when you have to grind anyways for gear . Got scorned away heavily by people saying one of the following reasons:

1.it's not a grind , i must have not played Aion at all . 25k prestige/ day is super easy
    2.stop being a carebear and waiting for everything to be handed over
    3.PVP soul sucks, if you spec into it you are a noob and should L2P

Guess most of the players around have masochistic intentions and love to play the same 4 WFs 2500 times. Now where did I put that leather whip ?

I'm hoping with the DPS nerfs that Clerics will gain some more survivability with the next patch, but I greatly fear the extent to which they may have buffed Mages.

Either way, from now on i'll only be logging on to Premade WF and build PvP gear and PvP ranks.
    Last edited by Utherix; 03-24-2011 at 01:59 PM.

Please tell me.

Ummm I stay out of the front line for one. I pick and choose when to engage when I am with the main body of players.

Otherwise I don't have any complaints but I use Inq/Cabal/Templar I may play a little differ than you to some degree.

I really don't have any issue honestly. Slap on my silence blocker...pick a softened up target...and let them have it .... aoe snare with bind sigil + obliterate....pick a target out of those caught and unleash some pain.

I see a front line pushing...I immediately make it to the back of the pack...no reason in hell I should be on the front line as a Cleric Caster dps when we are getting pushed. =)

Maybe you are just having bad luck in matches and bad placement of yourself....

Quote Originally Posted by Warfangs View Post
    I really don't have any issue honestly. Slap on my silence blocker...pick a softened up target...and let them have it .... aoe snare with bind sigil + obliterate....pick a target out of those caught and unleash some pain.

I see a front line pushing...I immediately make it to the back of the pack...no reason in hell I should be on the front line as a Cleric Caster dps when we are getting pushed. =)

Maybe you are just having bad luck in matches and bad placement of yourself....
    I think you're right, its been a combination of bad luck and bad teammates (been pugging way too much lately).

Also I need to try out Cabalist in PvP! What spec do you use?

I think you're right, its been a combination of bad luck and bad teammates (been pugging way too much lately).

Also I need to try out Cabalist in PvP! What spec do you use?
    The one im sure someone will give me lip over:

49 Inq and the rest into Cabal to grab Curse of Solitude ...i focused on skills in cabal that enhanced my Inq in the talents.

But yah im heavily into Inq tree. I have no real use for 3rd soul but I use Templar for the break free.
    Last edited by Warfangs; 03-24-2011 at 02:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast