+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: Best cleric tank lesser essence

  1. #1
    Shadowlander Arcis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default Best cleric tank lesser essence

    I am kinda pissed I can find a wisdom/block and wisdom/dodge but no wisdom/parry. to the justcars tanking T1/T2 what lesser essence are you using. I am looking at the wisdom/block ones from iron peak...

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    50

    Default

    There is a really nice epic BOE one, I think it's called Nessa's Tear? or something like that, usually a couple on AH, level 43, it has int, wis, endurance and sp. aside from the int, those are all good tanking stats for a cleric, the sp on it will give you more parry than any lesser essence with actual parry rating on it

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcis View Post
    I am kinda pissed I can find a wisdom/block and wisdom/dodge but no wisdom/parry. to the justcars tanking T1/T2 what lesser essence are you using. I am looking at the wisdom/block ones from iron peak...
    Well you always have spellpower which will give you a fair amount of parry and give you bonuses like more threat on pulls and a bit of block.

    I'm using the wis/end/block ones at the moment just because I feel I'm lacking in block at the moment.

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    VA, USA
    Posts
    59

    Default

    You can use the ones from IPP called Iron Foresight, they have Wis/End/Block on them

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcis View Post
    I am kinda pissed I can find a wisdom/block and wisdom/dodge but no wisdom/parry. to the justcars tanking T1/T2 what lesser essence are you using. I am looking at the wisdom/block ones from iron peak...
    Wisdom dodge is better than wisdom parry. Parry is capped at 20% from skill, which you get with around 600spellpower, which you get once you have an epic weap/a few epic armor. That means getting items or essences with parry once you have that is useless because you don't gain parry anymore.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander Infuriate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    parry cap at 20%?....huh?

    http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/9...0315234842.jpg

    Found this in another post detailing how this clerics 2H tanking build has successfully tanked all of the T1 and T2 dungeons while moving on to MT raid content.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infuriate View Post
    parry cap at 20%?....huh?

    http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/9...0315234842.jpg

    Found this in another post detailing how this clerics 2H tanking build has successfully tanked all of the T1 and T2 dungeons while moving on to MT raid content.
    Try parsing it. It caps at 20%. I did in alpha, when the cleric class dev told us it was capped, and it was definitely capped at 20% even though I had 31% back then. That was about 2weeks before launch, might have changed since then but I doubt it.
    Last edited by Pyros; 03-23-2011 at 11:56 PM.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
    Try parsing it. It caps at 20%. I did in alpha, when the cleric class dev told us it was capped, and it was definitely capped at 20% even though I had 31% back then. That was about 2weeks before launch, might have changed since then but I doubt it.
    Some already did parse it and had results equal to the his stats.

  9. #9
    Prophet of Telara Refuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,136

    Default

    These 2 handed cleric tanks are trying to show something off and prove a point when at the end of the day it will never be as good as using a sheild. The base block is huge and you don't lose any parry unless it's converted into block.

    The only difference is self healing, damage and aggro, meh...
    Last edited by Refuge; 03-24-2011 at 12:09 AM.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    These 2 handed cleric tanks are trying to show something off and prove a point when at the end of the day it will never be as good as using a sheild. The base block is huge and you don't lose any parry unless it's converted into block.

    The only difference is self healing, damage and aggro, meh...
    I think the proved it already. So whats your point? If it can be done, it doesnt show shields being better, more so obsolete, like in many other games.

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara Refuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    I think the proved it already. So whats your point? If it can be done, it doesnt show shields being better, more so obsolete, like in many other games.
    My point is, they proved a point they can tank with 2hander, now go bk to shields which are better.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    My point is, they proved a point they can tank with 2hander, now go bk to shields which are better.
    Why? If they can tank with 2h, why go back to shield? How is it "better" when its not needed?
    Im not understanding the point you are trying to make.

  13. #13
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Why? If they can tank with 2h, why go back to shield? How is it "better" when its not needed?
    Im not understanding the point you are trying to make.
    Just tested, 29%parry, 800hits from level 50 mobs, parried 19%. Parry is capped. You can cap parry with a shield on, so why 2H.
    Last edited by Pyros; 03-24-2011 at 12:35 AM.

  14. #14
    Shadowlander Infuriate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
    Just tested, 29%parry, 800hits from level 50 mobs, parried 19%. Parry is capped. You can cap parry with a shield on, so why 2H.
    I feel like its being said over and over again but for some reason or another its just not sinking in for a few people, if a technique is viable for the situation and is a preferred method for the player; even if the preference is based solely off of aesthetics...let it be.

    There is more than one way to skin a cat.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infuriate View Post
    I feel like its being said over and over again but for some reason or another its just not sinking in for a few people, if a technique is viable for the situation and is a preferred method for the player; even if the preference is based solely off of aesthetics...let it be.

    There is more than one way to skin a cat.
    That's fine, but irrelevant. When I said you don't want parry essences because they do nothing due to the cap, you came and questionned the cap. Then someone else said the cap didn't exist. I went and just tested it on live, and yes it is capped, so my initial statement of parry essences not working because of the cap are right. That's all. If you want to 2H tank whatever that's fine, it's less efficient but if you can make it work go ahead, but that doesn't change facts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts