+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cloth Armor Caster Cleric?

Default Cloth Armor Caster Cleric?

Being aware of the mana issues clerics tend to have (because of no built in mana regen abilities for caster clerics and a small pool from wisdom based gear) I was wondering if wearing cloth would be better for a leveling/pvp caster cleric?

I know (I think) that clerics get spellpower 75/25 from wis/int, so would that gimp my damage output then in exchange for longevity? And if it did, would having that bigger pool still be better in those long rift/dungeon fights and in the arena?

I just hate having to drink so often in pve and having to alter my tactics just because my mana pool is so small. Maybe I shouldn't be so eager to keep the tank topped off....and plan for the long run...I always keep enough for a pocket "OH ****" moment, but still, it is kinda silly.

And of course mana burn....yeah.

I've started just taking cloth gear from all my quests, so I'll see how this goes.
    Vae Victis

Chain gear is all better itemized and ofc has more armor on it. There's no reason to take cloth at all.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by sanman View Post
    Being aware of the mana issues clerics tend to have (because of no built in mana regen abilities for caster clerics and a small pool from wisdom based gear) I was wondering if wearing cloth would be better for a leveling/pvp caster cleric?

I know (I think) that clerics get spellpower 75/25 from wis/int, so would that gimp my damage output then in exchange for longevity? And if it did, would having that bigger pool still be better in those long rift/dungeon fights and in the arena?

I just hate having to drink so often in pve and having to alter my tactics just because my mana pool is so small. Maybe I shouldn't be so eager to keep the tank topped off....and plan for the long run...I always keep enough for a pocket "OH ****" moment, but still, it is kinda silly.

And of course mana burn....yeah.

I've started just taking cloth gear from all my quests, so I'll see how this goes.
    is less armor better for pvp?
    /facepalm
    Quote Originally Posted by sanman View Post
    but still, it is kinda silly.
    Yes , your idea is.
    AMD Phenom 2 x4 965 @3.8ghz / ASUS M4A785T-M / 2x4 GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 1600mhz / PNY GTX 560 1gb core @950 / WD caviar black 750gb
    OCZ modxstream 600wat PSU / Fractal R3 case / Windows 7 64bit

+ Reply to Thread