+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric bug in test patch, and thoughts

Plane Touched

Default Cleric bug in test patch, and thoughts

I posted this on the alpha forums in case someone reads it, but I figured I might as well post this here too. You should make a test server forum. Anyway:

I'm not sure where to post this so guess I'll post it here and hope someone still read these boards. The patch notes say

* Satyr: Increased the ratio of the owner's Spell Power converted into the Satyr's Attack Power.

However it's actually wrong, unless a 2nd change went in to reduce it anyway, because currently with 887spellpower on alpha my satyr has 810attack power, while on live with 888spellpower, the pet has 868attack power. So if anything, it's actually a nerf, on top of the removal of the unique 15%AP buff.

Now I wouldn't care if clerics were like far ahead of everyone else, but they're not. Clerics do ok, but are definitely worse than Warriors and Rogues(who are getting nerfed a bunch so that should fix that issue to a certain extent) but also worse than certain mage specs. And the only thing DPS clerics get are tooltip fixes and a straight up nerf to their raid utility as well as a small personnal dmg nerf. This is seriously wrong. Where are the Inquisitor/Cabalist buffs? I mean crappy DPS aside, when are they getting a way to regen mana at all? Why are clerics the only mana user that can and will run out of mana in raid situations? Why does every mage soul comes with its own mana regen tool, but clerics don't or are absolutely terrible(950mana every 2mins like inquis/caba, nice joke).

On another note, removing all the "free" AE healing but not giving clerics any ways to manage mana or improving the AE heals, even though you have 10+mins fights with constant unavoidable raid AE damage is a stupid change. And yes we killed Greenscale on live already, so I'm in a position where I can understand the change, the healing from chloros, bards and justicar was way out of hand, just like it was when I reported it 6months ago when Albseth was the only raid content because it was already dumb back then. The problem is there is NO alternative.

Clerics AE healing is terrible, it's both innefficient and inadequate. Sentinel AE heals costs way too much mana and heal too little, Wardens fare a little better but relies on cooldowns and HoTs. Topping the raid off after a Spirit Fracture is absolutely stupid as a cleric, even as Warden, and if you do use the AE heals, you're oom in under 2mins. So what that will lead to is either stacking Archons(to mental flare the clerics), or stacking Chloros. That's the only way people will be able to sustain the stupid amount of healing required on both Hylas and Greenscale. In full raid gear and fully buffed, an AE heal costs 7% of my total mana, and only heals 10people for about 1.2k(maybe 1.6 when factoring crits) when we need all 20people to be healed by like 10k total. Do the math, seriously, do you guys even test your raiding changes, it seems all you care about is that people stop killing the endgame encounters. You massively buffed the AE damage on these fights because they were too easy, now you're nerfing AE healing but leaving the buffed AE damage, how do you think this will go. People weren't stacking free AE healing because it was better, but because it was the only way to beat the encounters you designed.

When I saw the changes before they were pulled, I fully expected that'd mean a rework of clerics AE healing so AE healing becomes decision based, instead of being full passive. With no changes to clerics, the only thing it does is forcing us to bring 4chloros instead of 2, replacing clerics. I fully understand the change, I'm really angry at the complete lack of foresight on the consequences of the change. But eh it's not live yet, maybe it will get changed.

P.S.: Do note that all my observation and opinions are based on the raiding aspect of the game. I do not care about PvP balance at all, so please don't try to argument about something because in a bg you're doing this or that. Also I mostly DPS in raids, and heal when needed.

I'm quite disappointed that whenever Trion notices progression is happening too quickly their first stop seems to be making the life of support classes harder, rather than perhaps keeping dps playing the same way they do, but slightly adjusting the numbers that pop up as the dps do the same things.

I'm sad nothing has happened for cleric mana to go along with these changes. In other games I'd add dps or debuffs etc when not needing max healing, in RIFT it's a lot of standing around doing nothing to conserve mana. It's boring healbot design, especially ontop of the slow GCD to begin with. The fact that clerics cannot AOE heal at all because of mana is just lame, and yes this just means more bards and chloros might be needed.
    Last edited by Gradient; 03-23-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Guild/Raid leader of Shoreline 5/8 ID (No reflect Rusila, hardmode Conclave) Recruiting a few more excellent raiders: for Infernal Dawn progression

Plane Touched

Oh actually I guess I know what's wrong. The satyr on live probably benefits from the 15%AP aura, while on test it doesn't anymore. The difference isn't as big as it should be, and that's because it was buffed to benefit more from spellpower. That means with the new buff, the new satyr is better when soloing, but worse when grouping/raiding with a bard. Overall, still a nerf for cleric raiding DPS, but not a bug.

+ Reply to Thread