+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Best DPS builds make no sense (Melee/Ranged)

Soulwalker

Default The Best DPS builds make no sense (Melee/Ranged)

Melee is 32 Druid/24 Shaman/10 Inquisitor
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...qsz.Ex00t0c.Vx

Ranged is 51 Cabalist/15 Inquisitor/0 Whatever
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00_od..EtAqtAkdk.Vx0V

-----
    Melee
    -----

The Macro is:
    cast Jolt
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Eruption of life
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Bombard
    cast Trickster Spirit
    cast Fervent Strike

if they fix weight of the world, it will be even better. (also why does crag hammer not scale =X)

Most of the DPS comes from Eruption of Life, Lightning Hammer, Sanction Heretic, and Jolt/Fated. The pet scales well to boot. The reason is these are all dual attacks (instant + dot). For whatever reason these scale extremely well in Rift. Jolt/Fated and your pet are all "off the GCD" so they scale well too.

massive blow is terrible. Why? because you're putting tons of points into useless talents to make it decent. And it STILL is on a 15 sec CD. and you're left spamming a useless skill (crushing blow) to try to get procs for your signature skill.

-----
    Ranged
    -----

Alternate between Bolt of Depravity and this macro:
    cast Curse of Solitude
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Dark Water
    cast Vex

This one makes absolutely no sense, then you realize 51 cabalist = 40% more dmg, and symbol of corruption = 30% more damage, which multiplied together mean 182% scaling. a 51 point cabalist build that uses inquisitor spells as its primary damage source. the dots, barring a good Curse and Sanction are just fillers so Depravity will do its last tick. it actually times itself well so that vex doesnt' overwrite itself.

the 51 point talent in Cabalist actually gives you viable mana management (Sigil, Decay, Sign, obliterate, tyranny x3, obliterate) which is ~2700 mana every 2 mins, without massive dps loss (actually a little better because you can sigil every 1.5 mins) versus Inquisitor, which eats a pretty huge dps loss to get its ~1800 mana every 2 mins from Agressive renewal and sigil/obliterate.

Shadowlander

Nice Post but could you be a bit more specific about your rotation (for those like me who havent tried caba yet)

Also what would you recommend for AoE dps ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hecto View Post
    Nice Post but could you be a bit more specific about your rotation (for those like me who havent tried caba yet)

Also what would you recommend for AoE dps ?
    The macros are the rotation, except for the switching with Bolt of Depravity.

Shadowlander

Ok wasnt sure, thx for the confirmation.

But still wondering if it's better then some kind of pure inquis for AoE / grind.
    Last edited by Hecto; 03-23-2011 at 05:45 PM.

My cleric isn't high enough level for me to answer that correctly, sorry.

I do have a question also, does anyone have the numbers with this that shows how Fervent Strike is more dps then massive blow for the GCD (like the pet buff chance), or is it a mana thing?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Mattdoommaster's Avatar

What are you parsing for single target DPS?

I just tried it out and I'm not seeing any difference between this and my normal Inquisitor/Cabalist/Sentinel build when it comes to single target. Which is to say, somewhere in the neighborhood of 350-450 DPS.

Which frankly blows, but that's the best I've managed out of any single-target Cleric build. AOE is another matter.

Want to know more about Clerics? Check out Rift Clerics . NET

Rift Disciple

Before spell power bonus, Shadow's Touch does more single target DPS than Bolt of Depravity due to the +10% damage talent Death's Dominion. If there are more than one target though and you want to focus fire, Bolt of Depravity is still the way to go. I also don't know how SP affects spells based on cast time.

Disregard: forgot about the DOT.
    Last edited by akirhol; 03-23-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Rift Disciple

This one makes absolutely no sense, then you realize 51 cabalist = 40% more dmg, and symbol of corruption = 30% more damage, which multiplied together mean 182% scaling
    whats symbol of corruption? I cant see it anywhere

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ahkaren View Post
    whats symbol of corruption? I cant see it anywhere
    It's the 30% damage DOT talent for Depravity from Inquisitor. Even chain casting Depravity, it will get at least 75% of it's damage off before being overwritten, resulting in a higher DPS than Shadow's Touch ... that's what I neglected to take into account above.

Rift Disciple

oh yeah okay im gonna test this out.

Rift Disciple

btw what kind of dps are you getting using the ranged build?
    im using 51 inq build+ sent for crit bonus, on the training dummies im getting consistent 550-600 dps

Rift Disciple

so i tried it out and would it be better if you macro'd dark water before sanction heretic?
    the dark water casting time messing the sanction and vex timers for me.

Shadowlander

33dru/23sham/10sent gets me ~600dps sustained over several minutes on the dummy

I put random *** points into inquis and get about 450, have seen inquis do about 600 as well.. if you're getting 350 you're probably doing something wrong

pulled 828 dps on 3 kings in IT today, you lose some for downtime between bosses, gain some for being able to aoe a little when all 3 are up. I don't remember my numbers for the rest of the bosses but obviously on the last two being melee unfriendly it wasnt as good. Still competative though.

the epic "chance to +50 crit on attack" runeshard for MH wep is awesome and procs all the time... probably 80% uptime, I strongly suggest getting it for melee dps.. i forget if it works for spells too or not.

edit: not 3 kings.. but the 3 dudes.. you know what I mean I'm sure.
    Last edited by dennisdkramer; 03-23-2011 at 07:59 PM.

Rift Disciple

mmmm the ranged build isnt that after i was testing it abit. my dps using it on dummy was ~500dps. using 51 inq i am gettign ~550dps same gear.
    but for a long fight the cab build probably end up doing more dps simply because of the mana regen abilties

How does your 51 cabalist spec compare to this spec.

I will have to respec to test it out but the above mentioned spec rotation is:

Spiritual Deficiency
    Vex
    Sanction Heretic
    Banish
    Bolt of Judgment
    On Proc - Fanaticism - Bolt of Depravity

-Mal
    "I aim to misbehave"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast