+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Light And How To Swing It (PvP AND PvE Healing Guide)

Default The Light And How To Swing It (PvP AND PvE Healing Guide)

Hiya!

I've seen a whole lot of hate and discontent on these boards in a wide array of topics. Stop feeding the trolls and adjust to the game that is in front of you. Complaining isn't going to make you a better player, so deal with it. I'm not going any farther into that nonsense. This is a guide based off of my play-style, so hopefully it will work for you too.

First of all, these are NOT gear dependent specs, although they do scale excellently. I have had no issue healing all T1/T2 content with even a mediocre off healer (and sometimes a bad one.) Yes, even DSM.

PvE
    34 Sentinel / 32 Purifier / 0 Templar - (http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...udqz.E0EL0czco)

A bit different than a lot of 34/32's out there because I use Restorative Flame over Healing Invocation and have taken a lot of the unnecessary out of the spec and my rotation in general. The bottom line in taking RF over HI is that the amount of damage negated overall is almost the same in every situation. However, a shield is an instant buffer while a HoT over 8 is slow and constantly over written. The rotation is simple. Spam RF on your tank until you need to change it up. Healing Flare and Healing Breath are your bread and butter for off healing your party/raid while using minimal mana. Healing Communion and Divine Call should only be used in emergencies. Then you have countless cooldowns for saving everyone in those clutch moments. Get use to key binds because they'll save you precious time if your reaction speed is on point. Also Break Free is awesome.

PvP
    41 Warden / 21 Templar / 4 Sentinel - (http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...0c0V.xEbtqxoaz)

This spec is amazing. It literally has everything you need and more. Insane survivability, awesome healing output, five efficient group heals, cc breaks, and mana. Obviously it's going to take a while to get to rank 6, but you can start anywhere. You can literally pre-HoT yourself, jump in the middle of a group, and tank them while your allies mow em down. Or you can sit in the background and easily keep everyone up.

I hope this helps those of you that needed it. If you have any questions feel free.

Pretty much agree with everything here.
    Provided you can get to the pvp rank

Is the PvE spec you have viable for questing also? Fastest to be exact?

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxix View Post
    Is the PvE spec you have viable for questing also? Fastest to be exact?
    Great PvP spec, I was thinking of something very similar myself. Though I was originally going to invest in 2 points in the silence reduction, and keep it at 3/5 for stun. Don't really know which is better, but I believe I had "arena" in mind. So I was trying to think of keeping myself and at least 2 others alive at the same time.

The only experimentation I would do is remove a load from warden and put it in sentinel until instant cast heal and silence. Something like below. The loss in deluge healing is the only major thing there. I'm not sure yet tbh, maybe you need deluge +healing spam on you, but I haven't come across that situation yet combined with healing breath, it seems like enough burst healing.

With this spec you're getting TWO instant casts

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...R0f0c.xEbzqb0o

And if mana isn't an issue:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...x0R0f0c.xEbzqo

can you imagine the survival with that!!!

But hey we forogot one thing... enjoy grinding to rank 6 aye ;)
    Last edited by Refuge; 03-23-2011 at 09:22 PM.

Telaran

PvP
    41 Warden / 21 Templar / 4 Sentinel - (http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...0c0V.xEbtqxoaz)

This spec is amazing. It literally has everything you need and more. Insane survivability, awesome healing output, five efficient group heals, cc breaks, and mana. Obviously it's going to take a while to get to rank 6, but you can start anywhere. You can literally pre-HoT yourself, jump in the middle of a group, and tank them while your allies mow em down. Or you can sit in the background and easily keep everyone up.

I hope this helps those of you that needed it. If you have any questions feel free.[/QUOTE]

Why no Ripple? I have a PvP Warden build and several times a battle I find an opportunity to use Ripple to heal multiple party members with it. I can see taking 1 point from several place, but want to know if you have a reason for not using it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zpah View Post

Why no Ripple? I have a PvP Warden build and several times a battle I find an opportunity to use Ripple to heal multiple party members with it. I can see taking 1 point from several place, but want to know if you have a reason for not using it?
    because it's bad. The only thing ripple applies to is soothing stream and Healing Spray. It only allows one of these to be cast. That's one spread of a poor HoT to the rest of the group. Waste of a GCD and mana consumption.

If ripple allowed the next 3-4 single HoTs to be AoE effected, then it would be good.
    Last edited by Refuge; 03-23-2011 at 11:27 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    because it's bad. The only thing ripple applies to is soothing stream and Healing Spray. It only allows one of these to be cast. That's one spread of a poor HoT to the rest of the group. Waste of a GCD and mana consumption.

If ripple allowed the next 3-4 single HoTs to be AoE effected, then it would be good.
    i thought ripple lasted for 6 secs...and it doesn't trigger a GCD

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrosamurai View Post
    You are correct

It does. The usual amount of HoT i can get out with ripple is 3, or 4 if im really spamming the keys.

HOWEVER, the mana cost is FAR too high, and you're better off using Healing Flood + Healing Showers to get the same effect for less mana.

Make Ripple free, and we have an ability that would start doing more good than harm. Perhaps even 5-10% chance to proc off hots.
    Last edited by Utherix; 03-24-2011 at 12:10 AM.

I confused myself here. Yes there is no GCD, but it still does cost a lot of mana.

Now, I thought I did some quick testing with it, and even if it lasted 6 seconds it only applied to the first HoT I did, maybe I was completely wrong.. I hope I was because I will have this skill with my 51 build... but again too much mana ><
    Last edited by Refuge; 03-24-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Utherix View Post
    It does. The usual amount of HoT i can get out with ripple is 3, or 4 if im really spamming the keys.

HOWEVER, the mana cost is FAR too high, and you're better off using Healing Flood + Healing Showers to get the same effect for less mana.

Make Ripple free, and we have an ability that would start doing more good than harm. Perhaps even 5-10% chance to proc off hots.
    agreed...the mana cost is expensive but it's saved me plenty of times...ripple, SS, current, spray, SS...after that i can pick out the person with least health and pop a deluge...but i only turn to this spell when things go to ****...still, a nice spell to have for those times...

agreed...the mana cost is expensive but it's saved me plenty of times...ripple, SS, current, spray, SS...after that i can pick out the person with least health and pop a deluge...but i only turn to this spell when things go to ****...still, a nice spell to have for those times...
    I agree, but technically speaking it is way too inefficient to be part of any sort of normal healing rotation.

I agree its useful when **** hits the fan and you have no choice put to spit out as much AoE healing as possible. Usually leaving you manaless but the job potentially done (see this more in PvP, havn't raided yet)

Surely the current heal doesn't actually travel? Is it just the HoT from it? Plus getting all 4 of them in the time of ripple is almost impossible.

Telaran

Yes Ripple travels to up to 5 people near your target. As a utility spell... I always thought it was great. Mana is never a problem for me in PVP as I die often enough that I get all my mana back or I never die and that means we are cruching them in WF.

So to sum it up I think giving up Ripple utility to cast Deluge a wee-bit faster does not make sense to me. Otherwise I like your build
    Last edited by Zpah; 03-24-2011 at 04:56 AM.

I actually do use Ripple quite often. I guess I forgot to put it in the build.. strange. Just take one point from Still Waters and put it in Ripple. Sorry about the goof.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast