+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Two Hand Parry Tank

Telaran

Default Two Hand Parry Tank

Hey, I realize there have probably been threads on this topic before but its morning, I haven't slept and I am too lazy to scour through the forums looking for them.

Basically I want to know if anyone has any experience tanking tier 1 or tier 2 experts as a parry tank and whether or not it's viable.

Looking at this spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...o.VM.yed00Mc0z

Would be fun to be able tank using a spec like this

you would simply take a hell of a lot more damage without a sheild due to the complete loss of block chance. You haven't improved your parry chance at all compared to a normal Justicar spec, so I would hardly call it a parry build. It's simply a half hearted tank spec with more damage and a charge.

Wouldn't be viable.

I definitely would not say that it isn't viable. There seems to at least be one person who makes it work and there's probably more than just him.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-the-Justicars...

I say, if it fits your play style, go for it. You can always fiddle with the specifics as you figure out what's best for you. If you don't like it and enjoy playing one hander+shield, then switch to that. There are plenty of 1-hander+shield users out there and it's a tried-and-true method.

It's still more gimp imo. Yes more heals, but block + parry gives you a lot more none hits. Therefore relieving stress on healers. You're only performing your valiance maybe every 8 seconds. Doesn't exactly compensate for high spike damage.

Can't see it being viable for hard experts and raids.
    Last edited by Refuge; 03-23-2011 at 05:49 PM.

+ Reply to Thread