+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Purifier Viability?

Shadowlander

Default Purifier Viability?

I know this is probably completely horrible.. but, how viable would it be to go the full 51 in Purifier, and to get the final skill (which does look pretty kick ***), and than throw your last 15 in Warden?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00eG_.xx0x.EgkEItdqz

After I made the build I saw that it looked pretty useless, but I'd like people to comment on it at least some.
    Last edited by Talint; 03-23-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Looks like people are going to know me as the Purifier fangirl, maybe I should make a forum sig that says something like `forever carrying the torch` haha anyway; I love puri, and I have sucessfully healed experts and expert rifts with 51 points in Purifier, what makes it better is if you have melee dps, using surging flames is super OP if you just spam heal the tank. The last 15 I threw into Sentinel, however I might change to warden because the 12 point ability [healing flood] is AMAZING and has no cast time unlike healing communion. The only thing about not taking some sentinel talents is the loss of SP and effective healing and crit, and for purifier, SP is very important. I think that 51pt Puri talent is amazing, it takes my tanks from sub 20% to full, and if I overheal, then even more people get the effect because of surging flames.

Puri also has alot of CD's that are fun to use.

The downfall is our lack of mobility, but it just means we have to be more aware, so I say try it, you cant go wrong.

Shadowlander

puri 51 senti 15 is usually the way to go.

From what I have seen and done, it's really solide but as someone pointed out in other thread, it lacks a bit in mobility.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Himesama View Post
    Looks like people are going to know me as the Purifier fangirl, maybe I should make a forum sig that says something like `forever carrying the torch` haha anyway; I love puri, and I have sucessfully healed experts and expert rifts with 51 points in Purifier, what makes it better is if you have melee dps, using surging flames is super OP if you just spam heal the tank. The last 15 I threw into Sentinel, however I might change to warden because the 12 point ability [healing flood] is AMAZING and has no cast time unlike healing communion. The only thing about not taking some sentinel talents is the loss of SP and effective healing and crit, and for purifier, SP is very important. I think that 51pt Puri talent is amazing, it takes my tanks from sub 20% to full, and if I overheal, then even more people get the effect because of surging flames.

Puri also has alot of CD's that are fun to use.

The downfall is our lack of mobility, but it just means we have to be more aware, so I say try it, you cant go wrong.
    That's great! If you're going to be the Purifier fan girl, than I'm going to be the Purifier fan boy

Horray! We can start a purifier club, maybe then my guild wont hate puri so much, even though Ive sucessfully healed everying, people rarely die, but they still say its a bad spec.

Rift Disciple

Bear in mind that surging flames is getting a nerf - apparently.

It would help to know whether you want this for pvp or pve.

I havent tested the 51pt purifier talent yet, but its meant to be great for 'keep someone at 100% vs focus fire for a few seconds' moments.

Any overheal would also get pumped out into aoe with surging flames of course.

When it comes to 51pt puri builds, assuming you are going the typical puri/sent/warden mix, here are the breakpoints:

Sentinel:
    0 healing breath
    6 healing grace (not much different from healing flame)
    12 healing communion
    14 touch the light

Warden:
    0 healing spray
    2 healing current
    4 crushing wave (minor pvp use)
    8 Tidal Surge
    12 Healing Flood
    14 Deluge (doubt you'd use this as 51 puri)

Ideally you want to go at least 12 into either tree.

Sentinel gives you a few more panic buttons, whereas warden gives you some nice hots. Both trees gain nice boosts from the actual points spent, so its really flavour.

the choice is healing flood, or healing communion - if you go healing communion, the choice is touch the light, or healing current.

All comes down to preference, really - though with your puri/warden 51/15/0 build i'd consider swapping the points in ebb and flow for fluidity - not that ebb is a horrible choice.

If you're pvping, grab dissolution - you could also consider the templar tree instead of your lowest tree, for the break free - although that would mean losing healing spray or healing breath, which hurts.

I am speaking from strictly PvE perspective, in PvP I go warden so I can run like a little *****. =3 - On the SF "nerf" its not set in stone its not exactly in the patch notes so people need to chill out about it! Its something they are testing. Granted I have been able to keep people up using only that talent so that might be a tad OP, but we shall see, Im waiting for the day they buff the sheilds a little bit, be from SP or not.

Rift Chaser

Horray! We can start a purifier club, maybe then my guild wont hate puri so much, even though Ive sucessfully healed everying, people rarely die, but they still say its a bad spec.
    don't listen to players that haven't played a cleric

Rift Chaser

I am speaking from strictly PvE perspective, in PvP I go warden so I can run like a little *****. =3 - On the SF "nerf" its not set in stone its not exactly in the patch notes so people need to chill out about it! Its something they are testing. Granted I have been able to keep people up using only that talent so that might be a tad OP, but we shall see, Im waiting for the day they buff the sheilds a little bit, be from SP or not.
    It's OP, expect a nerf

Even if its nerfed, I wont stop playing the spec. Its so warm and toasty <3

I also play a full Purifier (with 15 sent) Spec and i love it, and refuse to change for particular fights unless it really really isnt possible (havent found one yet actually)

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Shadowlander

Purifier is great and offers enough cooldowns to feel more engaging than many other healing specs.

Surging Flames is slated to be nerfed to 50% overheal from 70% in the next patch.

51 puri is playable at least through t2 but you sacrifice a lot to do it. If you drop to 32-45ish Puri you more than make up your losses in the Sentinel tree, picking up multiple cooldowns for each cooldown you lose and really patching in some of Puri's weaknesses. A stronger Healing Breath, Touch the Light, Divine Call all give Puri much better mobility and stronger AoE healing. Serendipity (which is being fixed in the next patch) has brokenly-overpowered synergy with Fiery Blessing. Healer's Haste, Empowering Light, and Life's Return are easily accessible and amazing too.

You'll probably get more mileage out of a hybrid spec, without really giving up much from Puri. Unfortunately, Disciple of Flame doesn't affect Ancestral Flame, so the decision to drop points from Puri is almost too easy. But, play however you like.

Ohh sad, if it really is nerfed, but we'll adapt. I have run the Puri/Sent 32/34 build and its nice, but something about that 51 point Conflag is just so...so appealing to me.

I originally started as a Purifier thinking ... once I feel like I am missing somethig and so on I will change around and try something different.

Up to mid 40s I still enjoy it in both PVE and PVP ... in PVP not so much cause majority of the times the DPS/CC lack any knowledge of LOS/ range on healers, FF/ swaps and CC or peels on said healers .... so it can be rather frustrating!

Purifier is great. As you get more SP, the mini shield from Restorative flame is damn good due to the fact that it isn't simply over healing (like with other healing specs) it will always be 100% used. Surging flames has one of the strongest AoE heals in the game vs mana cost (if I crit overheal the tank it'll heal 5 around them for 2.3-2.5k for 100 mana).

My biggest issue with Puri is that the castable shields don't scale with your gear at all. They only absorb 1537 damage, which for 1 gcd is not as good as just using a restorative flame 1537 for 1.5s vs 2.xk with chance to crit and mini shield). Sure there are times when you can put it on a raid member in advance to stop a one-shot but that's more making up for their mistakes.

The 51 pointer is conditional. It's absolutely hands down the best thing when it comes to tanking multiple enemies or when the tank is taking damage from multiple sources. However it only heals about 2500 which is nothing unless it crits, then heals for like 5-6k. The problem with a shield every second is that the tank isn't always being hit that fast so it's just a waste. For stabilising though it's the best.

Rite of the ancestors is on a shorter CD and lasts for longer than HC. With every shield blocking 1537 damage it could arguably be better than it.

Searing Transfusion is okayish but again - like the shields - being on the GCD and giving a GCD really detracts from it.

Caregivers, see above. Healing blessing heals for negligible amounts and so isn't worth using in either PvP or PvE. Fiery blessing is damn good for healing through mini enrages if you don't have a purger.

Healing flare I find incredibly bad and like wise with healing flame.

No AoE dispel sucks.
    Last edited by Fractus; 03-24-2011 at 04:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast