+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possibly the best Druid DPS spec atm. (Constructive criticism welcome.)

Default Possibly the best Druid DPS spec atm. (Constructive criticism welcome.)

Ive been messing around with the Soul Calculator for a while now, watching every point and where I put it, this in the build i've come up with so far.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...VV0VAoqqz.V0xz

While the game suggests placing your third soul as Justicar, I found that only good for questing, thanks to the healing done to you and your pet. I actually went with Sentinel as my third soul, offering 5%SP, 20% crit dmg, and a 5% crit buff effecting everyone attacking the target. (Not to mention the heal, END buff, and ressurect.) I also went high enough into the Shaman tree to pick up the mana regen from crit. Using this current build, I litterally have no use for Fae Hammer anymore, and the DPS seems to clock at about 820-850 burst, then slowly declines to about 760ish.

Lemme know what you think, or if you have better suggestions. Try to backup what you post as well please. Thanks.

Shadowlander

lust for blood and jolt are massive damage increases imo, and I'm pretty sure its worth taking points out of hot-blooded to get them.

Solid build.

I would take out 1 point in Glacial Shield and put it in Jolt. Which will increase your DPS a little. Also in my experience Endless Winter is not needed as you have 2 on a separate CD mana gain abilities.

Slumber, Balm of the Woods and Grim Silence are also solid choices for the points spend. Not a DPS increase but merely utility.

Soulwalker

Looks pretty solid to me. Have to say it is close to what I planed to use as my melds dps save for the sentinel soul. Was still on the fence about it and the warden soul more for the HoTs. But I like it a lot.

What rotation did you use for your test? What were you attacking? Single or Multiple targets? How long was your fight? And do you have any parses?
    基地はすべて我々のものだ。

After moving some points around based on the above comments, I ended up with this.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...VV0VAoqoz.V0xz

I dropped the 5 points in Hot-Blooded, grabbed Jolt, also snagged 20% increase to air dmg, and picked up Lust for Blood. Now if only Jolt didnt have that pesky 6 sec CD...

Quote Originally Posted by Artus View Post
    What rotation did you use for your test? What were you attacking? Single or Multiple targets? How long was your fight? And do you have any parses?
    This was of course single-target. Went with the rotation: Natural Dedication > Combined Effort + Rage of the Fae > Eruption of Life > Bombard > Fervent > Fervent. Then just hit abilities as they came off CD, filling the gaps with Fervent.

Soulwalker

you should check my post it`s a mix off shaman and druid try it out with the "Rotation" macros and i swear down u will not be disapointed .. has u will get 2 mana regens and from 2% mana u can get bk to 100% in a couple of hits and u can get the insta heals from the free Sent soul (or the warden HoT) and u will also proc the shaman "glory of the chosen" (and yes i know it`s not a DRUID build but has u can see it uses ALOT of the druid aspects)

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...pec-amp-macros!

Just tried your spec and it parsed out to 480 dps sustained (pet was merged). This parse was on a single lvl 50 dummie in Sanctum for a duration of 1:18. I used this spam macro

suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rage of the Fae
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Jolt
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Eruption of Life
    cast Bombard
    cast Fervent Strike

I manually cast Luminous Gaze and Natural Dedication

Stats *yes I have crap gear*

http://img607.imageshack.us/i/statsvg.jpg/
    基地はすべて我々のものだ。

Telaran

Weight of the World doesn't work at all. Spread the word, report it as a bug so it can be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alure View Post
    After moving some points around based on the above comments, I ended up with this.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...VV0VAoqoz.V0xz

I dropped the 5 points in Hot-Blooded, grabbed Jolt, also snagged 20% increase to air dmg, and picked up Lust for Blood. Now if only Jolt didnt have that pesky 6 sec CD...
    You shifted the points to Shaman for more DPS, with that you lost Friend of the Weald. It is probably a trade of where some DPS will either shift to Shaman or to Druid. Need to test this to be sure though.
    Last edited by Montezuma; 03-23-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Montezuma View Post
    You shifted the points to Shaman for more DPS, with that you lost Friend of the Weald. It is probably a trade of where some DPS will either shift to Shaman or to Druid. Need to test this to be sure though.
    Friend of the Weald offers SP to the pets abilities, not 100% sure that even effects the Satyr abilities. If not, it wouldnt be a dps drop at all.

+ Reply to Thread