+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric... or...

Soulwalker

Default Cleric... or...

Well hello everyone, i recently started playing Rift Online, joined a server with a friend and started a mage... in all mmo's i choose the caster class so decision was easy... i reached 30 lvl as mage, but an old wow friend told me he will start the game and join another server, together with another old wow friend that is 50 already.
    So, i will join them. My problem is that i can't choose what to start with. Mage again or Cleric?

I like the mage class most but cleric will be something new... really cant decide so i just picked the decision to write here and listen for some other opinions.. feel free!

ps. pls dont flame -.-

You have more options as a cleric. DPS (melee or caster), Tank or Healer and a match of those.

In the end it really depends on your playstyle. If you like mage, roll a mage again and make a cleric alt. It is not that leveling is very time consuming anyway.

Are you on a PvP shard?

Levelling as a cleric can be a hassle because you are (in most cases) a free kill to other classes (depending on your spec and theirs to be fair). You are mostly a support class. Clerics are locked into healing in most cases (caster dps second, and tanking last).

That said, I really like cleric playstyle and wouldnt trade it for another class.Healing is very challenging in this game.

For PvP... unless you are far back you are void drained/stunned/feared or transmogrified and mana wrenched :P
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

Ascendant

Cleric is very versatile class, you can fill in for the 3 primary roles in a group: tank, healing, DPS...I enjoy that part of the class the most.

Honestly, pick the role you think you'll have most fun with since you'll sink so many hours into it.

Cleric has a bit more choice in the sense of tank/healer/dps, but mage has an excellent buff spec with good heals, so it can go buffer(healer)/dps/buffer(dps)/healer.
    Styrr - Bahmi Cleric - Firesand

Soulwalker

Thanks for your opinions, actually i started my cleric but i was kinda unhappy that he is not mage...

so i ended rolling mage again^^ and well i might start a cleric alt in the future..

anyways, thanks for your time

+ Reply to Thread