+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Caster Cleric? Is it good enough?

Soulwalker

Default Caster Cleric? Is it good enough?

Hey.

I was just wondering, if any of you caster clerics is being used as ranged dps in guild group/raids? Or are you told to go healing?
    Just wanna know

I'm running caster cleric with 2 different roles. One for single target dps and one for AoE dps. Both are pretty effective and the guild is happy with the performance of either role. I also have a healer role but I've never been asked to heal, the AoE dps is usually what's preferred.

I am in a guild who does not force players how to play their character. So I just play what is needed and/or what I like to play. Sometimes I heal, sometimes I DPS nd sometimes I tank. Great fun

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Montezuma View Post
    I am in a guild who does not force players how to play their character. So I just play what is needed and/or what I like to play. Sometimes I heal, sometimes I DPS nd sometimes I tank. Great fun
    The main reason why i love this class so much. Great utility

Plane Touched

I have played all the souls, and currently have around 230k lifetime favor. What I have taken from all of this is that cleric is basically mostly support class. Jack of all trades, master of none. Doesnt have the burst damage, insane DPS , stuns or crazy CC capabilitys of other classes.. Can do some of the most damage, but thats due to the inquisitors DOT's, which can easily be dispelled, people just havnt gotten used to doing so.

Cleric decent class, but in warfronts I believe 15 champions is auto-win.

Rift Disciple

I play an Inquisicar build ... I frequently land first or second in single target DPS, and always first in AoE trash pulls. I'm respectably geared for T1 and easier T2 instances, ~5 epics and the rest 50 blues. On top of what I consider excellent DPS for the class, I also have excellent group off healing with Reparation and DoL.

Most naysayers to Cleric nukers are shortly convinced of our awesome AoE DPS capabilities.

One thing though, I do only have a this one Inquisicar build... planning on getting rid of my melee build I never use anymore. Taaxa, would you mind posting your single target build? I'm sure I can throw one together but it's always nice seeing what others have come up with already.

Quote Originally Posted by Montezuma View Post
    hmm, sounds nice, but do you have gear for all 3 rolls? And have you cleared all raids and experts etc? It's all good and well playing all 3 rolls, but not if it's getting you guys no where.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Mattdoommaster's Avatar

Inquisitor generally wrecks **** in AOE fights, from my experience. I've seen some Warriors match it from time to time, but I haven't seen a Mage or Rogue beat me in AOE fights.

Single Target DPS is, I'd say, okay. It's generally much better for PvP than PvE because you have a lot of built-in survivability mechanics. I.e. the constant healing from Vex and the Contempt talent. In PvE, that tends not to be as important since you have someone taking the hits for you.

I think Inquisitors are great right now. I think Cabalists have their place, but that they're generally a poorly designed soul that needs overhauls - you get great damage out of Cabalist not by using their actual class mechanics but instead by exploiting their general bonuses to spell power, damage and death damage.

Melee clerics are where the real work is need, though, if you ask me.

Want to know more about Clerics? Check out Rift Clerics . NET

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    hmm, sounds nice, but do you have gear for all 3 rolls? And have you cleared all raids and experts etc? It's all good and well playing all 3 rolls, but not if it's getting you guys no where.
    The benefit gained from T1 gear for casters is so minimal... the T1 chest would give me a net +2.75 SP. I'd rather use those tokens for the tanking gear so that I can fulfill that role viably as well. It's not hard for clerics to gear for all three roles.

+ Reply to Thread