+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Justicar Mana

Default Justicar Mana

So I've been working on a justicar and I run into mana issues more often than I'd care to admit. I use mana regen abilities as well as the talent that gives 5% mana per block. Am I missing something? Currently lvl 26.

I dont use a shield. I use the Justicar and shaman regen mana on hit skills and the shaman regen on crit passive. Mana is one bad if I'm spamming AoE and dont use the regen skills. (or getting drained)

Wotcha. For a start, it might be an idea to switch to a two hander, and move the points out of the shield talents. Once you hit 50 the shield becomes necessary, as I understand it, but until then.. twohanded hammer or staff is the way to go.

Your mana regen is mainly going to come from "Purpose", the 12 point Justicar root ability, and "Ageless Ice", the 14 point Shaman root ability.

You'll probably not get Ageless Ice for quite some time, but I had no trouble with just Purpose and the odd mana potion. Be sure that you're not spamming "Even Justice", a couple of taps of that and then switching to the single target "Strike of Judgment" is all that's generally needed. Your heals, passive and Doctrine, also generate threat.
    Styrr - Bahmi Cleric - Firesand

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ostgar View Post
    So I've been working on a justicar and I run into mana issues more often than I'd care to admit. I use mana regen abilities as well as the talent that gives 5% mana per block. Am I missing something? Currently lvl 26.
    Basically your just at that level were mana is draining. 2h is nice for that level but i went to 1h/shield at 35 and had enough pts to get Purpose, Ageless Ice and 4/5 into the mana per block passive and if you manage your cooldowns you never run out of mana, or at least i haven't.

Also gear does play a part, you want to make sure your not just getting the pieces with End only because Justicar needs Wis/SP to work big time.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________
    - 45 Justicar/Shaman Cleric ~ Redila - Keenblade

Great - thanks for the headsup - I went 2 handers for a while and switched to block to try to get regen from that - also... I should probably drop some end gear - 4k health may be a bit much at 26 >.<

The secret to staying at full mana as a Justicar is to pull 3-5 mobs at a time. You get so many block checks that your mana goes to and STAYS full even when spamming Even Justice. Sadly, your kill speed is quite low since EJ does crap for damage. But it does enough that your health stays full from Salvation as well, so long as you're not fighting magic-users. Still and all, the only time I ever have to worry about casting Purpose while solo is if I'm working on a long fight vs a quest-boss or an elite mob, or I've chained too many single-kills in a row.

Make sure the Precept of Refuge is always up -- I suggest macro-ing it in to your Even Justice and Strike of Judgment buttons so that as you're spamming those it always recasts when it's up.

And yeah, 4K health at 26 means you've focused on END to the near exclusion of WIS/INT/SP and that's a very bad thing. (Are you completely in "of the Fortress" gear?) I'm level 37 and in Mien of Leadership I have about 3800 HP. I also have 2200 mana, 48% mitigation, etc etc. I have tanked up through KB with no problems either. Your high HP doesn't mean much if you don't have the SP and mana to be able to put out enough stuff in order to generate threat and hold aggro.

Yeah - most is of the Fortress, I noticed that just before posting the top post and figured I should start switching it up. Originally it was to tank a bit earlier than I should for dungeons - but I only have around 900 mana when tanking, so... I'm thinking it's a pretty clear problem that'll be easily fixed.

+ Reply to Thread