+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melee clerics?

Rift Master

Default Melee clerics?

I know the feeling for melee clerics isn't very good. The feeling is they do low damage and not enough burst and so on.

It is my favorite "feel" or "style" of play but i was really turned off by the performance in the last beta and so my cleric never got above 23 in live and that was as an inquisitor.

I really like the idea of a shaman/justicar/+warden-or-sent. I could be happy with many variations though, such as shaman/druid/warden. I want a melee combatant with some heals and very high survivability.

A riftblade/reaver/paladin has great survivability and actually good damage. Does melee cleric have anything like that?

I have played mage and warrior (rogue to 32/sab/lol). On my mage i have some chloro in my pvp build and i notice that the heals REALLY help my survivability a ton. I also notice that the second there is a healing reduction on me of any kind (even the nec 30% one) my healing seems to be next to nothing. With the warrior reduction up it almost seems like not worth the gcd sometimes.

I assume that the warrior and nec healing reductions destroy a melee clerics healing? Is this true or is there a way to spec so that you can get some decent survivability out of your heals even with a healing reduction on you? Higher end pvp seems like i always have some healing reduction on me. Nec, ranger, dom, druid, champ... something.

I don't want to be "unkillable" its only that with lower damage i need higher survivability to stay in the game long enough to get my damage in.

So anyone with any luck on what i am looking for can give me any advice would be lovely.

Do necro/locks destroy melee clerics? Pyros? Riftblades? Rogues (sin/nb/mm/ranger/sab)?

I know as a melee cleric i will not be able to kill healers, and that is okay with me.

I find melee cleric kills most rogues. Against another cleric or mage build for survivability, I'll usually queue for a warfront a few minutes in because I'll be in there before the fight is over. Two people with tools to gain most HP and mana just never ends.

Soulwalker

Hey m8 im useing
    (im stil 38 doe)

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10rna.xu.ExdxtrsAk.VV

Win macro
    Cast Massive Blow
    Cast Lightning Hammer
    Cast Censure
    Cast Glory of the Chosen
    Cast Jolt
    Cast Fated Blow
    Cast Crushing Blow

it woorks pretty good. some high crits doe not as high as any other classes. but alot of crits.

surv of this build.
    Heals of Justticar and Sham it self.

its pretty much. Sheild / Charge / spamm / spmm -- if 2 - 3 mobs (the extra heal helps)

i donno if anyone allrdy tryed this one. and sayed it was crap. :P but i find it working. also for world pvp.

Regards Ceroz
    Last edited by Ceroz; 03-23-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Rift Master

Ceroz looks like your first post was to offer me some help. Thank you muchly. Very kind.

My biggest interest is in how it can be in pvp, and if or how it can get some survivability with healing reductions on.

Shadowlander

Druid/Shaman.

It works, it needs to get to about lvl 30ish, but after that its smooth sailing m8.

Go with Shaman/Justicar before that

Get justicar to 10 points for heals and heal increase, rest in shaman. Keeps you alive and does ok dmg.

Soulwalker

11 justicar allows you to aoe heal.

From my understanding a good Shaman/Druid build is satisfactory DPS for PvE and Solo questing. Shaman/Druid @ L50 PvP get's destroyed. In it's current state, the damage is nowhere near that of a Warrior, Mage or Rogue and the Surviveability is almost non-existant.

For PvE, there's a bunch of different specs that all work fine.

I personally find this one works just dandy for solo questing:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...Vk.y0xz0o.Vx0b

Bonus to Crit damage
    Castable bonus to crit
    Justicar melee healing
    Instant cast big heal if you get jumped
    5% to SP
    Best of the Shaman abilities. (IMO)

I think in my current most up to date build I took the 5 points from Dauntless Courage and put them into Stormborn. I didn't think the physical damage increase was noticable, but the Joly crit's going from 650 to 950 sure are.
    Lord Rendar
    Knight, UDL
    www.undeadlords.net
    Sunrest-RP PvP

I've just recently switched to a Shaman/Justicar/Warden build and I'm really enjoying it so far. I played a Warrior Priest back in WAR and I wanted to try and make a similar class in Rift - i.e. a melee healer with decent enough damage to pose a threat on the front lines, combined with decent group healing capabilities.

I'm only Lv 24 right now but so far it's proved to be a very effective combination. Sure, I might not do as much burst damage as a deep shaman or shaman/druid build, but the extra points in Justicar give extra toughness and survivability, a ranged snare and instant cast self/AoE heals, while just 12 points in Warden gives you a larger mana pool, more powerful insta-heals, a knockback, an AoE HoT, snare removal and a decurse for all those nasty healing debuffs. There's a really nice synergy to it.

I haven't had many problems dealing with Warriors or Necros yet, but obviously it's still early days. This is my projected Lv50 build: link

+ Reply to Thread