+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Justicar healing nerf?

Shadowlander

Default Justicar healing nerf?

What this is telling me is that the Justicar's aoe healing potential was overpowered. The ability heals for only 25% of the damage done. It's not like a bard's healing, which wasn't ridiculous either, that heals for 100%. Also, it's a T3, 3 point ability. I really don't see the logic behind this.

Champion of Telara

well the main part of the justicar thing was

protect the flock + reinforce + reparation = near-permanent 11% damage reduction to 10 ppl from passive healing

...all aoe healers got whacked with nerfbat, and since it was the only listed changes on the 'leaked' bit of patch notes, everyone was freaking out.

finally makes sentinel/warden aoe healing much more attractive, which it should've been... though I do feel bad for chloro spores procs rate being nerfed in half lol.
    Last edited by Baconbits; 03-23-2011 at 11:09 AM.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Shadowlander

Yes, but part of the aggro generation of being a tank was through heals, this includes a raid. Like I said, I just don't get it.

Yeah, I feel really bad for chloro. They are an actual HEALING soul.

and it only healed for 10% off non justi attacks. So your 200-300 dmg spells were aoe healing for 20-30 hp on the raid... good thing they're nerfing it to 5 people, thats some OP HP right there.

this change will be a sad day for 11-12 pt justi-mix specs, but meh.
    █▄▄ ███ █▄▄ █▄█▄█ █▄█ ▀█▀

Soulwalker

Default Very sad about the Justicar

I'm wondering about the development of this soul at Trion. Seems to me that it's been a long series over someone saying it's overpowered, it needs to be nerfed. So the soul got it's concept clipped by adding mana costs, nerfing damage, and nerfing healing. This in exchange for a character that actually has armor that is just under that of the warrior plate.

People expect a cleric to HEAL. Justicars don't get to just spam out a healing or out of combat without having just hit something with a Justicar ability. To heal, a justicar must generate a conviction, and currently, to AoE heal just hit an enemy. Justicars can have a max of 4 convictions and they don't stay available for very long after combat. The Justicar NEEDS to be able to hold aggro to to it's job. Front-line hammering. This is a real dilemma as the Mein of Honor skill increases the healing while cutting aggro and damage. Or the mein of leadership is an increase in damage while cutting healing and aggro. When I'm solo it doesn't matter, but if I'm in a group I have to have the aggro.

I've noticed that in raids, the healing doesn't seem cross over to another group in the raid. It could be that the surrounding characters were in a different raid. I'm not sure of the exact range of the AoE effect, but it isn't very large. 10? 15 meters?

Another thing for Justicars is that to swing the hammer it costs an extra bit of mana over and above other souls to swing theirs. The mana to points of damage ratio is something that I haven't gone and measured but it does cost more mana. A Justicar without mana is a dying character. We don't get heals with auto-attack.

To sum up the Justicar healing, it's the hammering AoE that's usually not adequate with the amount of damage being taken for the level. Then there's the single target heal that's mana expensive and doesn't put out enough to move the health bar for any character. Then there's the group heal that's limited to ten players and within a certain range at a 1.5mana to 1pt of healing. The few times in groups where it really pays

You expect a cleric to rez? Don't, because it costs 31pts just to get the skill. You'll never see the 31 points in the Justicar as you need the points to feed the 2 other souls to make up for the inadequate heals, dps, and mana management of the Justicar.

Here's what the soul will be used for. What little heals and the shield punch/block it has. The first 5 points makes for a 15% increase in armor, while 20 pts later is a 15% reduction in damage. 20pts into an off-soul for a goal is expensive. Might be worth it to carry the 2-handed hammers.

After 40 levels of playing Justicar I experimented with the inquisitor to bring up DPS. I also plugged in the warden soul to bring up healing, as the Justicar heal are very light and expensive with the mana pool. The Justicar is a slow and grinding character to play.

The PvP is out of the question, if the Justicar is to mitigate the incoming damage they will have to keep hitting and those other PvPers just wont stand still long enough to get a good heal off someone. The single cast spells are inadequate and expensive.

With a 50% cut to the bread and butter of the soul that's the only utility (reason to get invited to a raid) it's the death knell for this soul. The only advantage that this soul will bring to a character The fact that my character might be able to keep a couple of mobs busy while other people are doing the actual killing, and mitigating some of the damage with the AoE heals aren't in my opinion enough to make this a viable single-soul build. It's too expensive. Mana and soul points do go alot farther in other cleric souls. Remember, your mobbiage might vary.

I really wanted to see this soul work. I have to spend my soul points elsewhere.

Aethervox-Belmont

Soulwalker

Default Is this for real?

Damn i must be late to the party but this pisses me off. I love my justicar mixed with a little inquisitor and warden. Im only a lvl 23 but its awesome to be able to jump into the middle of a zone wide invasion and come out on top just by tanking.

By the way Aethervox I enjoyed your post. Agree completely.

Is there no justice for the one mighty Justicar?

Wait... really?

I mean, really?

This only affects Reparation. Big whoop. That's the throw-away heal you get for yucks as you build up the Justicar tree. It's not totally useless; on my Inquisitor/Justicar/Sentinel they can tick for ~140 damage in MoH, but neither is it the primary source of healing for Justicars.

So Reparation gets nerfed. Meanwhile, Doctrine of Loyalty ticks for ~700 per cast, is insta-cast, and quite low cost. I broke 100k healing in a Port Scion using *just* this ability and the occasional Healing Breath on myself.

Aethervox's big rant is just breathless hystrionics. Justicars are great now, and will still be great after the patch.
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

+ Reply to Thread