+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stat Builder?

Default Stat Builder?

I am currently running a healing spec - http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...tzqz.E0xtcczco

Need help though, do I aim for INT or Wis? Would it be like WIS/SP/??

Pretty clueless on this one, any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    All they that take the sword, shall perish with the sword.

You shouldn't ever be offered a piece of gear with Wis but not Int on it, and likewise it's rare you'd ever have to choose between Int and Wis. That said, go for Was, and the Int will come along naturally. SP is probably the 2nd most important leaving Int a happy 3rd.

Shadowlander

ya i was wondering this too.. so far lvl 24, i just take whatever has the highest combined wis/int

I believe the conversions are .75 spell = 1 Wis and .25 spell = 1 Int, where the mage conversion is reversed. That should make your gear choices a little more obvious.
    Last edited by HighFive; 03-23-2011 at 11:57 AM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    I believe the conversions are .75 spell = 1 Wis and .25 spell = 1 Int, where the mage conversion is reversed. That should make your gear choices a little more obvious.
    Int also increases your spell crit and mana pool which are both very important. Personally i take the item with the most combined int + wis.

I understand, but the debate is should I take the item with more wis or the item with more int?
    All they that take the sword, shall perish with the sword.

I also take whatever has most combined. But since I role switch, I value Wis higher than Int. Although, at lvl 23 there haven't been many "big decisions" to make.

So far I did get a staff that was missing wisdom (-5), but it had like +20 more SP. But that was in the teens and is gone now.
    Rift

Soulwalker

Depends on the difference.

we know 1 wisdom converst to .75 spell power while I think int converts to .25 spell power.

On a purely power scale, you'd need 4 more int than wisdom to gain in spell power.

So you want Wisdom, but if you have a piece that gives 6 int 8 wis, and you get an offer that has 10 int and 7 wis, you get (6 x .25 + 8 x .75) = 1.5 + 6 = 7.5 spell power while the new offer is (10 x .25 + 7 x .75) = 2.5 + 5.25 = 7.75.

So for 4 more int and 1 less wisdom you only get a .25 spell power increase unless my math is wrong.

Of course, you'd also lose some mana regen and gain mana pool as well but from a spell power stand poin but the spell power gain isn't much.

So basically with the current stats to be even slightly an upgrade, you'd need 4 int gained per 1 point of wisdom loss.

Most cleric souls get a much bigger benefit off wisdom. 2 to 1 at least. A few, such as sentinel or shaman, get a great deal of value out of crits due to procs and crit damage boosts. For those I'd tend to value int/crit a bit more.

You really shouldn't roll on a staff with more int than wis over a mage unless he doesn't want it.

+ Reply to Thread