+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Cleric Gear at Level 50

Default Best Cleric Gear at Level 50

I have paid very little attention to what gear I wore from level 1 through 49. Whatever quest gear I got was always good enough. Now that I have hit level 50, I'm starting to look at what I can do to max out my character's potential. I'm looking for your opinions on where to go to get my new weapons, armor, jewelry, mounts, and so on.

I assume there are PvP sets and PvE sets... for both healer and damage specs.

Where are the vendors found?
    Which pieces should I definitely not miss out on?
    Are there other special "buys" I should remember?

Thanks in advance...

As it stands at the moment, if your going to heal, your itemization is going to be fine. Want to DPS or Tank ? Have fun finding proper items, the t1/t2 items completely lack Focus, Granted the tanking t2 chain is pretty good for tanking but I just can't find any Focus items unless I use Cloth or something. I think 1 piece of the t2 loot has focus and its gloves and not very much at that. Trion should've made 3 sets, 1 healing(pure sp/crit) 1 tank (toughness/focus/tank stuff) 1 dps (focus/sp/crit). Theres also pvp gear too, which has better itemization as you don't have to worry as much about Focus and gives flat out SP/crit for the most part along with the pvp stat valor.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Herrstarr View Post
    As it stands at the moment, if your going to heal, your itemization is going to be fine. Want to DPS or Tank ? Have fun finding proper items, the t1/t2 items completely lack Focus, Granted the tanking t2 chain is pretty good for tanking but I just can't find any Focus items unless I use Cloth or something. I think 1 piece of the t2 loot has focus and its gloves and not very much at that. Trion should've made 3 sets, 1 healing(pure sp/crit) 1 tank (toughness/focus/tank stuff) 1 dps (focus/sp/crit). Theres also pvp gear too, which has better itemization as you don't have to worry as much about Focus and gives flat out SP/crit for the most part along with the pvp stat valor.
    I'm assuming you're talking about the vendor sets? Because except a cleric shield, every cleric accessory and mail piece I've seen drop in t1s so far has had focus on it. Too bad I'm a healer, lol. oh well.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Is this epic or just t1 blue items ? the t1 blue loot is for most part trash. Only a few t2 blues are really good aswell :/ Yes I was talking about the vendor sets, I farmed over 200 tokens for the t2 gearonly to see that "Oh none of this even has focus on.... lol"

I was wondering about the endurance for the gear. I recently hit 50 and like to keep one of my roles as tanking and would like to know the viability of it. I understand I have to mix chain and cloth to maximize my DPS role, but I cannot chose to suddenly wear plate armor to help my tanking role.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Doomgrin View Post
    I was wondering about the endurance for the gear. I recently hit 50 and like to keep one of my roles as tanking and would like to know the viability of it. I understand I have to mix chain and cloth to maximize my DPS role, but I cannot chose to suddenly wear plate armor to help my tanking role.
    Ahem, you do not have to mix chain and cloth to maximize dps

there is a tanking set on vendor, as well as a multitude of tanking pieces that drop in both t1/t2 with toughness on it. Which also tend to have plenty of endurance.

Yeah I just had a look at the t2 tanking set, its actually pretty good to be fair and gives a decent amount of toughness and every part has a high END stat followed by the other stuff.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Herrstarr View Post
    Wouldn't the tank set need +hit? I'm starting to work on a t1+ tank set and have been curious about this. For that matter don't druid/shamans need +hit?

Also as far as focus/toughness/hit go you only need to hit the cap for the content you're doing. IE. 50 focus for t1. Anything more is wasted, yes? In my experience focus is terribly easy to get high. On the other hand I'm having a hard time finding toughness.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Glamyr View Post
    Wouldn't the tank set need +hit? I'm starting to work on a t1+ tank set and have been curious about this. For that matter don't druid/shamans need +hit?

Also as far as focus/toughness/hit go you only need to hit the cap for the content you're doing. IE. 50 focus for t1. Anything more is wasted, yes? In my experience focus is terribly easy to get high. On the other hand I'm having a hard time finding toughness.
    focus gets converted to hit via faith in action. If you try to stack hit instead of focus, your spells like Jolt, bombard, etc. or any from complimentary souls will resist even though your melee will land.

PvE gear is at the top of the page.

http://www.riftjunkies.com/rift-junkie-guides/

You can also look at any of the rift db's out there. Google one and pick your favorite.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Quote Originally Posted by Glamyr View Post

I am trying to gear for raid instance I've done all t1/t2. If im not mistaken Shaman/Druid need focus not "hit"

Telaran

Clerics only need focus, which converts into hit. And yeah NO tanking gear comes with focus, going to try and get accessories to get focus.

+ Reply to Thread