+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warden/Pur Healing Build?

Rift Chaser

Default Warden/Pur Healing Build?

I've seen tons of posts on sent/pur and warden/sent healing builds, but I don't recall EVER seeing a warden/purifier build. Any reason for this?

Perhaps a build such as:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...uoqz.vx0E0zzqz

You have the HoTs, your big 3s cast with Restorative Flame, Deluge for 2s big heal, shields, your blessings, Surging flames, latent blaze, etc.

Anyone with experience in this?
    Last edited by Mato; 03-23-2011 at 08:14 AM.

Soulwalker

That would mean no battle res, which is pretty crucial

Yeah, I heal primarily with a Ward/Sent build, but I also have a Ward/Pur build that I switch to sometimes for a slight change of a pace. I really don't like it as much as the Ward/Sent build, as Ward/Sent seems like a much more effective healing build in all areas, especially with the upcoming Surging Flames nerf.

The purifier shields are pretty insignificant in higher level dungeons and in experts atm. They would need to be enhanced by spell power to make them useful, imo.

Healing Flare is not as good as Healing Breath, despite having no cooldown. It doesn't heal for as much and costs much more mana. And an 8 sec cooldown is really nothing. If you're Ward/Sent, then by the time you go through your HoT rotation, Healing Breath will be up again anyway.

IMO, the tools from Sentinel are much more essential to being an effective healer than the tools from Purifier, which seem more gimmicky than essential to me.
    Sent tools include: Touch the Light, Healer's Covenant, Quietus, Divine Call, Protect the Flock, Life's Return, and, imo, the most crucial ability a healer can have, Serendipity.
    The benefits from Sentinel just far outweigh the benefits from Purifier.
    Last edited by Defx; 03-23-2011 at 08:30 AM.
    <House Palomides> - Cleric - Emberlord

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Defx View Post
    Yeah, I heal primarily with a Ward/Sent build, but I also have a Ward/Pur build that I switch to sometimes for a slight change of a pace. I really don't like it as much as the Ward/Sent build, as Ward/Sent seems like a much more effective healing build in all areas, especially with the upcoming Surging Flames nerf.

The purifier shields are pretty insignificant in higher level dungeons and in experts atm. They would need to be enhanced by spell power to make them useful, imo.

Healing Flare is not as good as Healing Breath, despite having no cooldown. It doesn't heal for as much and costs much more mana. And an 8 sec cooldown is really nothing. If you're Ward/Sent, then by the time you go through your HoT rotation, Healing Breath will be up again anyway.

IMO, the tools from Sentinel are much more essential to being an effective healer than the tools from Purifier, which seem more gimmicky than essential to me.
    Sent tools include: Touch the Light, Healer's Covenant, Quietus, Divine Call, Protect the Flock, Life's Return, and, imo, the most crucial ability a healer can have, Serendipity.
    The benefits from Sentinel just far outweigh the benefits from Purifier.
    I agree. My main PvE healing build is sent/warden and I love it, but I was surprised to see that no one was posting builds with these two souls. I figured SOMEONE would have tried it and shared prior to now...

Quote Originally Posted by Mato View Post
    I agree. My main PvE healing build is sent/warden and I love it, but I was surprised to see that no one was posting builds with these two souls. I figured SOMEONE would have tried it and shared prior to now...
    It has been shared a few times before, but not very often. It just isn't very good, so it doesn't really get used much or warrant much discussion. It seems to be used almost exclusively for Surging Flames as a group healing build. /shrug.
    <House Palomides> - Cleric - Emberlord

Okay Im gonna have to disagree, I ran a Ward/Puri build and atm I run 3 primary Puri builds with no issues healing anything. [Experts, Expert Rifts..havent tried a Raid yet] - I love Purifier, the difference is that you have to always be on your toes and throwing down all you CD's, you get so many with Purifier. You have to make sure you run to safety during boss encounters so you can continue casting. But if you can manage being a good, aware player, purifier is very strong. Sentinel is boring, its spam one button unless **** happens. Then hit a few CD's and continue to spam one button, purifier is critical thinking in my opinion.

P.S. Battle Res is not a necessity, you shouldn't rely on it >__>;

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Himesama View Post
    Okay Im gonna have to disagree, I ran a Ward/Puri build and atm I run 3 primary Puri builds with no issues healing anything. [Experts, Expert Rifts..havent tried a Raid yet] - I love Purifier, the difference is that you have to always be on your toes and throwing down all you CD's, you get so many with Purifier. You have to make sure you run to safety during boss encounters so you can continue casting. But if you can manage being a good, aware player, purifier is very strong. Sentinel is boring, its spam one button unless **** happens. Then hit a few CD's and continue to spam one button, purifier is critical thinking in my opinion.

P.S. Battle Res is not a necessity, you shouldn't rely on it >__>;
    for 28+ point in secondary split builds, sentinel tends to be more popular due to serendipity. The blessings for the most part suck, the shields don't scale with gear (beyond 36+ puri passive), and imo the only worthwhile things in puri tree to synergise (not counting oh**** buttons) are enflamed rejuvination and surging flames :/ Most of the purifier talents effect purifier abilities only which is blah
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconbits View Post
    for 28+ point in secondary split builds, sentinel tends to be more popular due to serendipity. The blessings for the most part suck, the shields don't scale with gear (beyond 36+ puri passive), and imo the only worthwhile things in puri tree to synergise (not counting oh**** buttons) are enflamed rejuvination and surging flames :/ Most of the purifier talents effect purifier abilities only which is blah
    I agree that Purifier is harder to make sync with the other specs, however, I think if you like purifier and are dedicated to it, youre going to make it work by learning where you can weave your [in this case] HoTs into your healing priority. I know purifier is like the redheaded stepchild [no pun intended ^__^ ] and most dont like the spec but the joy of this game is that you can try anything you please and see what works for you.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Himesama View Post
    I agree that Purifier is harder to make sync with the other specs, however, I think if you like purifier and are dedicated to it, youre going to make it work by learning where you can weave your [in this case] HoTs into your healing priority. I know purifier is like the redheaded stepchild [no pun intended ^__^ ] and most dont like the spec but the joy of this game is that you can try anything you please and see what works for you.
    I agree. but for the most part, sentinel's talents synergise well with other trees, and purifier really doesn't. Also ancestral flame cost 8 mana more then HI and heals almost 100 less (base) with same cast time. And blessings need a serious reworking, not to mention the whole shield thing. It just needs some love in general.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Telaran

This might be a solid aoe heal build if you get more overhealing from HoTs/Deluge then you get from a 34ish point Healing Invocation. Something worth testing anyway.

I run puri/warden now. I'm nervous about the supposed nerf to surging flames as that's pretty much the key to the build. I keep the tank loaded with HoTs, weave in the instant warden AoE, it there's a few seconds to spare I throw the big heal on the tank proccing the damage shield and adding more AoE spill-over to the raid. It AoE is bad, I'll ripple and refresh SS stack.

Rift Disciple

I must admit, that the surging flames nerf has me a little worried too.

Currently, it is a great talent - it provides the purifier tree with some much needed aoe healing: provided you can keep your main heal target overhealed, it is a fantastic ability.

The moment your heal target drops below 100% it becomes mediocre.

So in nerfing it, you bring the top level down, which i can understand, but the more you nerf the top, the more you feel the mediocrity of when its not working.

Honestly, even if purifier isnt meant to be an aoe healing tree, if you want to maximise on the aoe potential of surging flames you need to grab either warden or sentinel with it - without those trees, its simply a means of allowing you to stay targeting one person, which is in line with the tree.

So really, the talent only does great aoe heals if you use the aoe trees anyway.

+ Reply to Thread