+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why are players using Warden instead of Purifier as a offheal in a DPS Spec?

Plane Touched

Default Why are players using Warden instead of Purifier as a offheal in a DPS Spec?

The instant heal spells from Warden are weak. You need to invest like 20 pts before you get the stackable instant. 2.0sec cast time is a deathwish due to pushback.

Purifier seems to be a better alternative. Shield = no pushback. A minimum 4 pts investment and you get a 1.5sec heal + shield.
    Last edited by Aurumsolis; 03-23-2011 at 07:16 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aurumsolis View Post
    The instant heal spells from Warden are weak. You need to invest like 20 pts before you get the stackable instant. 2.0sec cast time is a deathwish due to pushback.

Purifier seems to be a better alternative. Shield = no pushback. A minimum 4 pts investment and you get a 1.5sec heal + shield.
    Any melee DPS spec will use Shaman and/or Druid, which have their own instant cast shields. That leaves Sentinel and Warden as the two souls that give instant cast heals at zero points. Most folks probably don't bother looking again after that.

Soulwalker

depends on your play style - and you didn't mention a situation? are you talking pve? pvp wf? or world pvp?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Moncrief View Post
    Any melee DPS spec will use Shaman and/or Druid, which have their own instant cast shields. That leaves Sentinel and Warden as the two souls that give instant cast heals at zero points. Most folks probably don't bother looking again after that.
    true story. on my shaman spec, i use sent for the 1k-ish base heal way better then the druid instant heal, and makes killing him very difficult.

Because HoTs work while you continue to DPS, because Ranged DPS gains benefits from 5% Instant dmg from Wardens, because as you said, 2.0 sec cast time is a deathwish (Purifier main spell is 3.0 sec cast and no the 1.5 sec heal isnt THAT impressive). Mostly I like it because if you are good, you can simply put it on and then continue DPSing instead of taking time to do your combination. Popping Healing Spray when you are at 90% is better than being at 50% and taking 3 seconds to get just a little more health, all that time you are not dpsing. Just my opinion.

I don't really do any offheals in a dps spec....I mean, it's a dps spec, let the main healer do it lol

With that said, Warden has the damage boost to instant cast spells, so things like Vex & Sanction Heretic (plus Obliterate/Tyrrany if you got some Cabalist) get some love.

Personally, I took Purifier so I could have my own shield to pop before pulls or when I know an aoe is coming up to help out the healer. Only got 2pts in it for a slight wisdom boost

51 Inq, 13 Cab, 2 Pur

In a heal spec, I heal, in a dps spec, I dps....I wouldn't mix & match for an all around build, that's what the Roles are for
    Main Character: Chranos - Cleric, Shatterbone

Champion

I can't speak for the casters, but for us melee, Warden is AMAZING! The HoT isn't the main draw. Instant HoT, instant direct heal, a 3rd shield... doesn't really matter which you take, although the shield is definitely the least attractive. The main attraction is Waterjet. Instant? Ranged? Spammable? yes please! And i get a HoT on top of that? And for the low low cost of 0 pts? That's total win.

Casters, I don't think it matters one way or another. Any of the healing souls work as a 3rd soul. it's... whatever lol

as a pvp caster, I use the shield.

that was when someone finally catches me, pop shield and i can get off one 2k bolt in their face before having to die

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    as a pvp caster, I use the shield.

that was when someone finally catches me, pop shield and i can get off one 2k bolt in their face before having to die
    Sentinel is best in the end imo because you can increase crit damage an additonal 20%, increase spell power 5%, increase crit change on target by 5%, and get two insta heals (touch the light for the second making your 2s heal insta). In addition you have the castable heal, so ...lets say if you are inq/cab, you can CC as well and heal back to full in a couple of casts. (you also have the group heal)

Going 14 points minimum in sentinel makes you so much more capable as a rdps/cc + off heal cleric.
    Irony - Pathiss

I use Purifier (Inq/Cab/Pur) and it works great for me. I'm 48 now but may play around once I hit 50 to see what the other healing souls can do for me but for now, it's working great.

Soulwalker

Sent is better for the off heal. Heals for more than that shield absorbs and it isn't on a 30 sec cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by elvigy View Post
    I use Purifier (Inq/Cab/Pur) and it works great for me. I'm 48 now but may play around once I hit 50 to see what the other healing souls can do for me but for now, it's working great.
    If you base lots of damage on Vex and Sanction Heretic (which you probably do since every Inquisitor should), then 5 in Warden gives you 5% increase in damage (which in turn becomes additional heals from Vex PLUS less damage taken by the end of the fight) in addition to two HoTs that are good enough to keep a tank up in a boss fight if the cleric dies AND Also you get a spammable ranged attack if you WERE a melee dps class. Warden is great. I switched at ~30 and never looked back. Thought I would miss the shield. Definitely didnt.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Brell View Post
    If you base lots of damage on Vex and Sanction Heretic (which you probably do since every Inquisitor should), then 5 in Warden gives you 5% increase in damage (which in turn becomes additional heals from Vex PLUS less damage taken by the end of the fight) in addition to two HoTs that are good enough to keep a tank up in a boss fight if the cleric dies AND Also you get a spammable ranged attack if you WERE a melee dps class. Warden is great. I switched at ~30 and never looked back. Thought I would miss the shield. Definitely didnt.
    Agree, the shield is overrated. It looks good on paper and lulls you into thinking you need it. You don't, and there are much better specs, like you have already stated.

I like punting mobs around with 2 knockbacks (inq/warden). It makes the monotony of leveling a little more amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxanna View Post
    I like punting mobs around with 2 knockbacks (inq/warden). It makes the monotony of leveling a little more amusing.
    Haha, I also love that. Also, it gives more time for DoTs to tick without taking any damage

Mostly I enjoy using it on Player Characters and knocking them off cliffs :P Not Killed by Fall damage cliffs tho. That would be mean.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast