Closed Thread

Thread: Cabalist rotation?

Shadowlander

Default Cabalist rotation?

I just made a cab build and I'm liking it but I'm confused.

so far i cast :

grasping waters, Distorted Shadows, vex, decay, dark water, bound fate,obliterate, shadow;s touch over and over

since i didnt start this build from level 1, i have no idea what's really doing what lol

thanks

Shadowlander

does any one play a cab? seems to be an unpopular class

From a pvp perspective--
    Versus a group, I generally go with sigil, dark water, decay, maelstrom, obliterate and finish with curse of solitude. While obliterate is on cool down, sigil, decay, tyranny, tyranny, tyranny

Versus single target, dark water, curse of solitude, and waterjet spam while kiting unless I have some lurking decays left, then I'll pop off an appropriate sigil (snare, silence, stun).

Shadowlander

cool thanks. how do i track lurking decays? i think i might have removed something from my GUI

The lurking decays will show up alongside your buffs (dark harbor for example.)

Consider dropping Dark Water from those rotations for so long as it remains so weak.

Bound fate is a waste on less than two targets.

Rather than mixing your cab with inquisitor, consider justicar instead, with warden as your 0 point for the instant waterjet.

10 (12) points in Justicar will you give you (and your raid) healing when you deal damage. This healing is very useful in solo situations, because it allows you to focus on the Cabalist's strongest point- its aoe damage.

Decay and tyranny, with bliss to restore your hp buffer after you re-decay, allows you to take on a decent number of enemies at once. The -50% aggro from mien of honor means that you won't constantly take aggro from anyone trying to tank for you.

A Bolt of Radiance/Waterjet macro will ensure you have steady Conviction generation, and you can also use Strike of Judgment to supplement this Conviction gain in a tight spot, or to pre-load your Convictions.

Single target rotation; Shadow's touch, Shadow's touch, Curse of Solitude, Bolt of Radiance, Waterjet/Decay (only use decay to refresh or build your stack of lurking decay, otherwise it's worse than waterjet)

You can use obliterate on every cooldown, but remember it can also be used for mana regen with a sigil. Using the Sigil of Power with tyranny will give you more mana than obliterate when used against four or more mobs. The same goes for Sigil of Ravaging, when you get it.

Here's a build to check, I'm not sure what level you are but your main focus will be 10justicar, everything else in cab. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10roe.VuMo.VzAzthk
    Last edited by Ephelaeth; 03-23-2011 at 02:43 PM.
    Styrr - Bahmi Cleric - Firesand

Closed Thread