+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AOE Inq/Justicar Leveling: Deaths due to pushback casting time

Plane Touched

Angry AOE Inq/Justicar Leveling: Deaths due to pushback casting time

Level 28 cleric at Shadefallen Keep. It started with 2 mobs, then mob aggro keeps multiplying to 6. Ranged/Caster mobs were the worst.
    - Using a 2H Staff.
    - Once more than 5 mobs are on me, I can't seem to cast anything that isn't instant. A 1.5sec spell becomes like 6sec.
    - Didn't have enough time to generate convictions and Purifier Shield couldn't save me.
    - Mobs are 3 to 4 Levels lower than me.

Any tips? Or things are going to worse in higher level areas?

Once you get the talent that buffs Even Justice to hit 5 targets, AoE tanking becomes pretty easy since Salv will proc 5 times per swing. I have not played Inq though so I'm not sure where your best synergy will be with that.
    Koschei <Illuminati> - 42 Justicar/Warden/Druid - Sunrest
    Illuminati Guild Forum

Personally I use (at 50) Justicar(~11)/Inquistor (44)/Cabalist (~11) build which works wonders.

When you get access to Circle of Oblivion it will get bit easier.

Rotation:
    1. Vex all mobs
    2. Soul Drain
    3. Circle of Oblivion
    4. (mobs at this point should be dead) Soul Drain

Uhhh can you link your build please? I never really considered Inq/Justi/Puri before and don't know what your spec is like. Perhaps you dont have good synergy? I never seemed to have that problem but maybe I got lucky. Could you give us more details please?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00dro.VxoiMt0k.Vuz

Try that for level 29, get circle of oblivion next and then put points in what seems to be most needed.
    Last edited by Zodan; 03-23-2011 at 06:26 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by smallcutepuppy View Post
    Once you get the talent that buffs Even Justice to hit 5 targets, AoE tanking becomes pretty easy since Salv will proc 5 times per swing. I have not played Inq though so I'm not sure where your best synergy will be with that.
    Sorry pal, this is a dps build, not a tanking build.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurumsolis View Post
    Level 28 cleric at Shadefallen Keep. It started with 2 mobs, then mob aggro keeps multiplying to 6. Ranged/Caster mobs were the worst.
    - Using a 2H Staff.
    - Once more than 5 mobs are on me, I can't seem to cast anything that isn't instant. A 1.5sec spell becomes like 6sec.
    - Didn't have enough time to generate convictions and Purifier Shield couldn't save me.

You should be fine, no reason you should be dieing to 5 mobs, I can pull entire rift phases and just aoe them down, even at 50. Make sure you get the healing talent for Vex!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zodan View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00dro.VxoiMt0k.Vuz

Try that for level 29, get circle of oblivion next and then put points in what seems to be most needed.
    Hi Zodan, thanks for your contribution but your build just reduced my survivability.
    - You replaced Shield of the Ancestor's Shield spell with a 2.0 sec cast time dmg spell.
    - 2.0 sec cast time dmg spell will never be casted.

The problem you have at this early level is that the skills from Inq that deals AoE is all death dmg, which wont generate any convictions for justicar and all healing you get is from Vex and some very low ticks from Salvation.

If you are still level 28, I would say you should spend 27 points in Inq. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00d__.ExobMx0k

the other 10 points spend in either Sentinel or Cabalist, if you spend them in sentinel then you can go for Purifier or Warden as 0 soul (I woud say Purifier).
    If you spend them in cabalist you should take sentinel as a 3rd soul.
    Cabalist gives you a bit more mana regen as you can alternate between Renewal and Sigil use.
    The Sentinel builds gives you a bit more damage with crits and more survivability.

As you level up to 31 spend your points in Inq. so you can get Circle of Oblivion asap.

(0. Pre shield if you got Purifier.)
    1. Vex all mobs
    (1.5 Healing Spray if you got Warden.)
    2. Fanaticism
    3. Soul Drain
    4. Circle or Tyrrany
    Last edited by freche; 03-23-2011 at 06:36 AM.

Hi Zodan, thanks for your contribution but your build just reduced my survivability.
    - You replaced Shield of the Ancestor's Shield spell with a 2.0 sec cast time dmg spell.
    - 2.0 sec cast time dmg spell will never be casted.
    You do know that Soul Drain doesn't suffer from pushback at all, right? ;)
    Last edited by Zodan; 03-23-2011 at 06:35 AM.

Plane Touched

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Herrstarr View Post
    You should be fine, no reason you should be dieing to 5 mobs, I can pull entire rift phases and just aoe them down, even at 50. Make sure you get the healing talent for Vex!
    I'm not a noob, so obviously I did get the healing talent for Vex and dmg enhancement to Vex as well. Clearly, spell pushback kills me. I can't generate Convictions to heal if I can't my Life dmg spells.

This is my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00drG.vxkbMx0k.Vuz

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zodan View Post
    You do know that Soul Drain doesn't suffer from pushback at all, right? ;)
    Unless I'm seeing things, or there's a bug, my Soul Drain casts does get pushbacks. The cast bar meter yoyos.

- Using a 2H Staff.

If you have melee mobs on you and ranged mobs at the same time, it is tough. Focus on reducing the incoming dps though. If there's only 1 ranged mob but 4 melee, aoe the melee quickly and then focus on the ranged.

If you have a bunch of ranged mobs on you and they are spread out, yeah, that's pretty tricky. My usual solution when I can't AoE due to them being spread out is to try a couple of different tactics. Lose line of sight so they have to come to you if you can. Or Vex them all and Sanction Heretic one and keep healing until the instants slowly drop them. Doesn't always work but you gotta expect some deaths, lol.

Best tip of all, if you are trying to aoe grind, is to just find a bunch of melee mobs.

I'm not a noob, so obviously I did get the healing talent for Vex and dmg enhancement to Vex as well. Clearly, spell pushback kills me. I can't generate Convictions to heal if I can't my Life dmg spells.

This is my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00drG.vxkbMx0k.Vuz
    I guess I have two questions. Why would you put 10 points in Justicar when other trees have much better abilities? And the second which is more to the point (and might answer question 1) is Why are you using the Cleric Single Target Caster DPS soul to try to AoE grind instead of using the Cleric AoE Caster DPS soul?

Ah, I just looked at your spec. I kind of agree with above poster. You may need to redistribute points out of Justiciar and into Purifier to give you a little more healing power for now. 10 points in Purifier would give you Healing Flame, Healing Blessing and a stronger shield. It's what I use.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast