+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Solo Leveling: Is putting more than 31 pts into Inquisitor worth it?

Plane Touched

Question Solo Leveling: Is putting more than 31 pts into Inquisitor worth it?

- Is Armor of Awakening worth it? Health regen is already quite weak, +50% won't make much of a diff, same goes for +10% mana regen
    - For Ritual of Judgement: Don't quite understand the mechanics of Spell Power Bonus. 1% Spell Power Bonus = 1% more dmg?

The only armor that's "worth it" is Armor of Treachery for the straight 3% dps increase.

That said, you're not going past 32 for the armor, you're going past for the damage boost to Vex and Sanction Heretic. 44 points is the *minimum* you should have in Inquisitor once you hit 50, IMO. I'm rather fond of the "Inquisicar" build myself. Ends up as 44 Inquis, then either 16/6 Justicar/Sentinel or 11/11 Justicar/Sentinel, depending on if you're going for a bit more group support or "moar dps!"

FWIW, if you're going with the 44/11/11 build then Armor of Devotion *might* be worth it for the crit increase chance instead, but tbh I'd still only use Treachery. Consistent 3% increase is better than random 3% chance of crit in my book.

Shadowlander

Ahh if only Armor of Treachery really did give 3%.

I tested it and A Bolt of depravity went from something like 954 to 972.
    It was a 1.7% increase.

Armor of Devotion on the other hand (at 50) gives you 500hp (50end) and supposedly +3% Crit. "supposedly" because I found many cleric abilities do not do exactly what tooltip states. (example salvation gives 4.1% instead of 5% healing increasing to 10.1% instead of 11% when talented).

3% crit could be verified by parsing but I am weary of running parsers for now.

I just went all out inquisitor... I must say... Its awesome! Love that 51pt talent, great vs warrs/rogues while you are waiting or heretic and healing breath. The other 15 in warden. It is a full pvp spec and it is amazing. 3sec stun is great for yojr small cds and plenty of time to think of what to do next. ALTHOUGH they do need to put it on a 1min cooldown... 2mins? Srsly...
    Guns... Ammo... Motorcycles... Climbing... Food... All you need in life to be happy.

Skwinkles - Cleric - Legionnaire guild - Briarcliff server - 1v1 me for a good time

Soulwalker

If you're going Inquisitor to level solo, definitively go 44 Inquisitor / 12+ Justicar / X Sentinel.

Here's the spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...gx0qz.VuMo.V0x

There is a leftover point missing in the Inquisitor tree, depending on if you want Bewilder (CC) or Harsh Discipline (Life Drain). I personally went for Harsh Discipline but don't find myself using it very often.

Highlights:
    - 44 pts in Inquisitor gives Shroud of Agony, every single dps-boost talents, a threat dump.

- 12 pts in Justicar unlocks: Purpose (Macro it with Strike of Judgment for an extra mana return cooldown) and Doctrine of Bliss/Loyalty for some good self-healing / group-healing.

- 12 pts in Justicar grants Mien of Leadership, handy when soloing elites or for group quests.

- 10pts in Sentinel gives you: a resurrection ability, +20% crit damage, +5% spellpower, a +Endurance buff, an instant cast heal and a spammable heal.

Soulwalker

Default nah

subspec warden.

@ 46 I am 32inquis/12just/17 warden.

32 inquis gets you all the normal goodies
    12 justicar gets you 4 instant self heals, 10% on melee mana restore, and additional group healing
    17 in warden gets you root immunity (!), a 15s knockback (!), a 30s cd silence (!), waterjet (nearly same damage as BOJ but instant), and a number of heals

+ Reply to Thread