+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about cleric spells <-> stats (melee)

Soulwalker

Default Question about cleric spells <-> stats (melee)

Hey all

Vhile leveling (33 atm) i noticed in justicar abilitys that all dmg in spells tooltip says life and not psychical.
    So lets say melee ability deals 50 life dmg, does psychical critical affect it or only spell critical chance.

Soulwalker

Could not find edit button so just to add this, to be a bit more clear.

Ok so ability that says "dealing 100 Life dmg" only benefits from spell power / spell crit but im wondering how exactly ability, in rift, that says "deals weapon plus 50 Life damage" recives bonus from stats.
    Do this abilitys recive both spell and psychical bonuses (crit / power) or do they only recive highest or does in this case only one count (either spell or psychical).
    Also, than can this ability trigger effect like for example "on psychical dmg you have chance to gain X thing"

I hope i was a bit more clear this time.

Thanks all

Telaran

Faith in Action
    Passive. Increases the Cleric's Attack Power by their Spell Power, their Physical Crit by their Spell Crit, and their Melee Hit by their Spell Focus.

This comes automatically with any of the melee souls.

Edit: As a general rule of thumb, skills that deal weapon dmg are derived from melee stats while spells do not. There are a few exceptions however, might be bugs.
    Last edited by CaptainFilth; 03-23-2011 at 05:46 AM.

Soulwalker

Ok did some fast testing for anyone who is interested:
    So equiped Planar Essence with ability - Physical damaging abilities have a chance to increase melee critical hit by X for X sec.
    Tested Strike of Judgement ability that deals weapon dmg + x life dmg and i had it proc from thsi ability more than 5 times now.

So it seems that even in combat log it says that it deals x life dmg its true if it requires melee weapon it benefits from all physical bonuses from abilities / stats and it seems can proc on chance items.

Thats what i wasnt sure because its not uncommon that in MMOs (not talkign about F2P ones) if melee ability deals "magic" dmg its counted as spell.

But 1 more thing, lets say Strike of Judgement that deals Life dmg we can be sure that it bypasses armor and is mitigated only with life resisitance correct?
    Thats actually what im puzzled about. Its counted as physical ability so it can benefit from lets say shaman talents and abilities in their soul tree but is it mitigated by armor or Life dmg component is what it makes it to bypass armor?

Sorry for grammar, english aint my native language.

Another cool info about strike of judgment and censure etc: it will proc and it will get boosted by the inquis talent Corporal Punishment. it will also get boosted by the inquis spell Spiritual Deficiency.

So all the inquisicars should put censure and strike of judgment into theyr attack macro too, because its pretty good melee damage when you get silenced for example.
    Honsou - Destiny - Scarhide

+ Reply to Thread