+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Purifier Nerf - Ridiculous

Default Upcoming Purifier Nerf - Ridiculous

PURIFIER
    * Surging Flames: Now converts 50% of overhealing.

So lets set this straight. Trion wants to nerf AOE healing on the ONLY AOE ability the purifier has? Meanwhile the other 2 souls remain intact, both of which have multiple aoe healing spells, that are more potent/effective.

Yeah..that makes sense. Why would anyone NOT roll a sentinel at this point. Its superior in every way.

Why is this a top priority when EXISTING abilities are still broken? Divine Cascade for example. Doesn't trigger on heals like its supposed to 15%-30% of the time. In addition, items that add temporary spellpower boosts do not effect its damage.

Pure genius

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
    PURIFIER
    * Surging Flames: Now converts 50% of overhealing.

So lets set this straight. Trion wants to nerf AOE healing on the ONLY AOE ability the purifier has? Meanwhile the other 2 souls remain intact, both of which have multiple aoe healing spells, that are more potent/effective.

Yeah..that makes sense. Why would anyone NOT roll a sentinel at this point. Its superior in every way.

Why is this a top priority when EXISTING abilities are still broken? Divine Cascade for example. Doesn't trigger on heals like its supposed to 15%-30% of the time. In addition, items that add temporary spellpower boosts do not effect its damage.

Pure genius
    Whats even more "Genius" is taking misake posting about the Alpha test server and believing they are upcoming nerfs. This is old debunked news, devs have already cleared it up that they were a posting mistake and are not going live. Until its in the official notes, don't nerdrage over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twanimus View Post
    Whats even more "Genius" is taking misake posting about the Alpha test server and believing they are upcoming nerfs. This is old debunked news, devs have already cleared it up that they were a posting mistake and are not going live. Until its in the official notes, don't nerdrage over it.
    Quote from Amary: "Edited out some additional changes that are in the next update."
    Kandra, DawN's Level 50 Defiant Nurse in Chain (Blightweald)
    Master Runecrafter / Master Outfitter / Master Butcher

pretty funny change if it goes thru. Purifier is the worst of the 3 healing souls, definetly didnt need any nerfs.

when your HoT soul is bounds and leaps better than your ST soul for all intends and purposes, you know healing is FUBAR in your game.

Rift Disciple

It's a general adjustment regarding AoE healing which is fine imo. Stop whining about justified balancing.

(playing rogue bard and cleric)

Ascendant

They also said that was the incomplete patch notes...soooo....

Maybe there's a "General" change that makes SP apply to all bubbles.
    Last edited by Tranquility; 03-23-2011 at 02:12 AM.

Plane Touched

Purifier is fine, at least at the current gear level. Next tier probably not and will need reworks, but atm 34puri/32sent is the best all around expert build and works very well in raids too, while 51puri is very valuable on Greenscale.

The nerf comes along with all the other free mana AE heals nerfs, to prevent people from stacking certain classes to bypass AE mechanics. As long as they rework normal AE heals to cost less mana, heal more or give clerics better regen, it'll lead to a much better situation where people actually cast spells to heal AE damage, instead of having it being done entirely passively by chloro/justi/bard or purifier spam(which is the least effective of all, but also the least nerfed).

So you want all 3 healing souls to perform the same healing role and be able to heal any scenario?! Why not just have every soul have access to every ability and we can all be exactly the same, like clones...!
    You've got red on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kor Phaeron View Post
    pretty funny change if it goes thru. Purifier is the worst of the 3 healing souls, definetly didnt need any nerfs.

when your HoT soul is bounds and leaps better than your ST soul for all intends and purposes, you know healing is FUBAR in your game.
    Purifier is the worst? Also you are comparing group healing with single target healing? Really? I think its pretty clear what's FUBAR here.

Quote Originally Posted by tubelight View Post
    Purifier is the worst? Also you are comparing group healing with single target healing? Really? I think its pretty clear what's FUBAR here.
    do you really play a pure healer without serendipity?
    like, really?

purifier is the worst due to poorly designed cast time skills, not enough bang-for-your-buck top skills, pitiful shields that just dont scale. Without an AOE healer topping your party you'd quickly be spiralling out of control, trying to save one guy just to see 2 others going down. I have one-man healed dungeons and WF premades and I can tell you, there's no way on earth I could have pulled that out with a Puri heavy build.

Purifier lacks enough low cast/instacast healing skills to be called the ST healing soul.

Warden's Hots are instacast-no-cd and when stacked in proper rotations will heal nearly the same as your big heals...to multiple people in the raid...during 12 seconds.

purifier in PvP is...well, the worst of all 3 souls.
    in PvP Templar is a must. Serendipity is yet again a must. combat res is a must. shields are totally useless.
    since AOE dmg is out of control in this game, AOE healing > ST healing.

if serendipity didnt exist I wouldnt even look at the purifier soul for absolutly nothing

you gotta be one of those idiots that only heal himself and his buttbuddy while the rest of your team is dying nonstop, and considers himself a good healer...
    Last edited by Kor Phaeron; 03-23-2011 at 04:16 AM.

Telaran

Yup. Changes like this are just going to continue the trend of everyone rolling warriors. Every team will be all champions and one void knight to drain mana. Then the VK will realize there are no casters on the other team and switch to champion.

Seriously. Healing is strained enough in this game when a VK can bring a cleric to zero mana in a couple cooldowns and they are going to nerf healing??? Does anyone on the dev team even play PvP? Do they have any idea how PvP works? Do they have a single cleric dev player that doesn't sit in some scripted instance all day spamming a single heal button in the sentinel tree? I am betting they don't have any devs that play PvP clerics or they would be ****ting their pants about all the AoE healing nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kor Phaeron View Post
    do you really play a pure healer without serendipity?
    like, really?

purifier is the worst due to poorly designed cast time skills, not enough bang-for-your-buck top skills, pitiful shields that just dont scale. Without an AOE healer topping your party you'd quickly be spiralling out of control, trying to save one guy just to see 2 others going down. I have one-man healed dungeons and WF premades and I can tell you, there's no way on earth I could have pulled that out with a Puri heavy build.

Purifier lacks enough low cast/instacast healing skills to be called the ST healing soul.

Warden's Hots are instacast-no-cd and when stacked in proper rotations will heal nearly the same as your big heals...to multiple people in the raid...during 12 seconds.

purifier in PvP is...well, the worst of all 3 souls.
    in PvP Templar is a must. Serendipity is yet again a must. combat res is a must. shields are totally useless.
    since AOE dmg is out of control in this game, AOE healing > ST healing.

if serendipity didnt exist I wouldnt even look at the purifier soul for absolutly nothing

you gotta be one of those idiots that only heal himself and his buttbuddy while the rest of your team is dying nonstop, and considers himself a good healer...
    You generally bring an offhealer that can manage healing up the raid, or you make sure that your raid moves within 15 yards of your tank for a group heal. The main healer's job is to keep the tank alive which is something that purifier's excel at. Serendipity is all RNG based on your crit so you can never rely on it. The only shield that is truly important does scale for purifiers and that is the one from Ancestral Flame.

People like you seriously need to stop speaking in absolutes. Just because you didn't like playing a purifier or found it difficult does not mean it is not viable. I personally would never play a Warden because a single screw up in your rotation could mean a dead tank, plus you have very little in the way of "oh crap" buttons.
    Bokor - Cleric (Warrior Priest)

Telaran

As a note, my rant above was about the nerf to AoE healing on ALL of the classes, not just the purifier AoE nerf.

Seriously, I know they are testing these nerfs because raid healing is all messed up for PvE raids. Everyone knows that raid healing is messed up, but they need to fix it in a way that doesn't destroy PvP healing. The current cleric just gets spammed with mana drains and relies on AoE healing tools to take care of people while he is busy drinking and getting away from the drainers.

What they need to do is release the full test notes because the small bit of them that we got are pissing people off. If we saw the rest of the notes with damage buffs to mages, bug fixes to broken warrior skills, defenses against mana drains, then maybe we wouldn't all be so pissy about the AoE healing nerf.

(btw, that last statement was my HOPES for the patch. Clearly I have no idea if they will be fixing mage damage, broken warrior skills, and mana drains. Those are just the three things that I feel need it the most).

You are seriously wondering WHY we are having this nerfed??

when I used the skill to put on the tank in pvp and healed him and "sometimes" the overhealing would spill 300-500 points onto a few other people... that was fine.

when I CAST IT ON MYSELF and spam large heal on MYSELF while i have a hot ticking on me and stand in a crowd... I am healing 5 people for 1400 (+90 from the hot tic) every 3 sec

Just as bad as when divine cascade was hitting 8 people around the warrior for 200 damage every time i healed him, which was higher damage than I could get using tyrany from the cabalist tree. now it only hits 3 targets.

i put in my feedback that this needed to be looked at.
    sorry if you didnt know about the combo before then, means I did my job in sending feedback before something got out of hand. Wish warriors would have done the same...............................
    Last edited by BishopX; 03-23-2011 at 07:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast