+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Is cleric DPS a myth?

Telaran

Default Is cleric DPS a myth?

I play a mage and I've made it a point to learn the most effective roles for other callings, whether it be tanking, dpsing, or healing. I have seen some level 50 clerics on my server try to join expert dungeon groups as DPS but I have yet to see a cleric who can do more than 250 dps single target. This is not DPS, this is dead weight.

Is there a real dps spec for clerics?

Its gotta be the players, i was grouped up with a 33 inq who was pulling 180-190dps on bosses. I cant imagine in 17 levels with proper gear only picking up 80dps....

Quote Originally Posted by Dandai View Post
    ...I have yet to see a cleric who can do more than 250 dps single target...

I think i was doing 250dps at level 30 in blues and greens... must've been something really wrong with those clerics.

As Inquisitor I've been consistently pulling 550-650dps depending on the fight.
    As Druid I've been doing about the same, but lots of fights aren't all that melee friendly.

So yes, there are good cleric dps specs, if played by people that know what they're doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSorrow View Post
    So just because this doesn't work like every other game it's bad?
    Adapt, adopt and improve. If you can't do that, maybe it's something other than the game that's bad.
    Level 50 Cleric:Tuskon

Think I read somewhere that Shamans can pull around 700-750 or so. I wouldn't know personally, though.

Rift Chaser

I'll just say 700DPS is EASY as a shaman for endgame right now.

on shaman (i don't play dps much) I can pull 550-600 single target dps very easy with mainly T2 gear some T1.
    Kellie:.
    .:Veteran member | Precept
    Youtube

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dandai View Post
    I play a mage and I've made it a point to learn the most effective roles for other callings, whether it be tanking, dpsing, or healing. I have seen some level 50 clerics on my server try to join expert dungeon groups as DPS but I have yet to see a cleric who can do more than 250 dps single target. This is not DPS, this is dead weight.

Yeah I think those clerics you speak of are being a bit lazy. It is soooo easy to hit 300-400 dps, and with the right spec, 600-700 isn't unheard of. That said, why be a dps cleric when healers/tanks are always in short supply...

druid/shaman hybrids are pretty solid around 750 in a 5 man.
    If you played FFXI then add me to your friend list.

Telaran

I've looked through the thread titles of the last 5 pages and haven't seen a thread on cleric DPS I know I'm pushing my luck here, but can you provide an example of a level 50 cleric dps spec, ranged, melee or both please? If you're feeling exceptionally generous, some semblance of a rotation would be awesome as well. My cleric buddy is pretty lazy, but I know if I spell it out for him he will pick it up.

Pure single target Inq spec I can push 700-750 DPS. As Shaman/Druid sustain 600 with a BLUE weapon. Odds are if Runebinder or w/e ever drops will be able to sustain 700-800 as shaman/druid.

It's not hard either. Honestly, if a Cleric doesn't do more than 400 DPS they are either A) Bad or B) improper spec

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Brolly View Post
    Pure single target Inq spec I can push 700-750 DPS. As Shaman/Druid sustain 600 with a BLUE weapon. Odds are if Runebinder or w/e ever drops will be able to sustain 700-800 as shaman/druid.

It's not hard either. Honestly, if a Cleric doesn't do more than 400 DPS they are either A) Bad or B) improper spec
    No way are you pushing 700-750 single target DPS as an inq. Sure if you are talking about AOE, I believe you. But AOE really does not have any place in a discussion about DPS. Even our best rogues only push 700-800 single target DPS on the boss dummy.

As for which cleric spec does the most, I have found that the Shaman/Druid hybrid build pushes out the most single target DPS. On the Boss Dummy in Sanctum, I can push 640ish DPS in my T2 geared shammy/druid with the T2 mace that has focus. An Inq build will be LUCKY to push out 550.

These threads all go the same way. Someone enters looking for some answers/suggestions or facts, then a bunch of complete idiots exaggerate the **** out of raid buffed parses and provide ZERO information on rotation, fight, gear, etc.

No Shaman or Inquisitor is pulling 750 single target unless in T2/2.5 gear and heavily buffed.

If you are, post your rotation, fight, a parse, average gear level, anything really... help the community, dont hinder it by spreading misinformation and outright lies or just flat out stating a DPS with no backing.
    "The problem is that the people with the most ridiculous ideas are always the people who are most certain of them."

Rift Chaser

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...Ex0xtrsAk.V0xz
    ^Stack crit gear, make an iwin 1button macro to maximize your dps, and win.. I do 650-700 dps with this on the boss dummy and 750-1.2k in 5man/raids.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by airflow View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...Ex0xtrsAk.V0xz
    ^Stack crit gear, make an iwin 1button macro to maximize your dps, and win.. I do 650-700 dps with this on the boss dummy and 750-1.2k in 5man/raids.
    Decent build, but extremely gear dependant, gets heavily boosted by a Stormcaller in the group/raid, and you have 1wasted point in Sentinel in raids(Luminous Gaze is useless because it doesn't stack with the assassin poison which every single rogue has). 1.2k is AE situations too, at this point it's probably impossible to break 900DPS as a cleric with any spec on the non AE centric fights(so everything past Duke pretty much, but Greenscale).

I generally do ok on DPS, used to be in top 3 when we started raiding(was focus capped and had Runebinder a T2 weap when most people weren't), but now I kinda dropped down to like #5-8, which is basically bottom 3(above justicar, chloros, archons etc though, obviously). Considering the melee spec rely on a macro to do optimal DPS, there's little skill involved, but my gear hasn't improved much while the warriors/rogues got better gear over time, and they started specing into the real good specs, so rogues are generally doing 900-1000DPS sustained and warriors more like 1200-1300. But eh, I have Satyr aura so just for that, I'm worth the spot ^^.

Rift Disciple

I have mainly T1 some and 1-2 T2 Blues. We were doing iron tomb last night and i got about 350 DPS and about 140 HPs (Justiciar-Semi-Heal-Build) on the final boss. Our Rogue had 490 so, probably with pure DPS-Specc i would put the same amount, but its still not rly much for the gear i think. The problem i see atm is, that no1 like to miss a DPS-Warri in T2 but a Cleric DPS has no real chance sinde usually the Healer is allrdy Cleric and the DPS of cleric atm isnt rly good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast