Closed Thread

Thread: If you get to do experts as warden/sent i get to tank as Champion/reaver.

Plane Touched

Default If you get to do experts as warden/sent i get to tank as Champion/reaver.

Only fair right?

I mean so what if i cant hold hate that well, i got some tank stuff and i got aoes, im good right, good enough right?
    So what if i cant take a hit, i got decent dps, its good right? Good enough right?

Ever since i started doing experts clerics have had the nerve to question my spec, my gear and i put up with it, fine i respec to the best tank spec there is, Paladin/vk/warlord, im fully commuted to the tank. So why are there next to Zero Purifiers, what the hell is this?

Your crappy heal over times arent going to keep me alive, why do i need a real tank spec and you can do some half arsed heal spec, and then try and blame me when you fail where another cleric doesnt.

Ive done experts for a while now and the only time ive wiped is when the cleric is spec warden/sentinel, note warden sent, not sent warden, but warden first, these guys who are stupid enough to think heal over time is better then big heals in experts have seriously gotten on my last nerve.

Yes this is a rage post, im tired of it, step up your game. If you are going to heal, then commit to it, if you dont have purifier/sent, or purifier/ward you are doing it wrong, period..

You cant argue with me, you are wrong, every group will have an off heal you dont need that much aoe, all you need to do is keep the tank alive, if you cant do that you are doing it wrong, period.

And if i can run experts with a cleric who is purifier and do EVERY Boss without incident it is not my gear, and i dont need more epics to make up for your weak heal over times, get a real spec, or go dps.

/endrant
    Last edited by MrFoxx; 03-22-2011 at 08:34 PM.
    * Petition: Team Death match mode for all warfront maps.

The biggest mistake I see mages and other range classes do is try to tank me, as a warrior. Are you insane? What makes you believe you can fight and survive me at melee range as a guy wearing a bedsheet with a belt trying to pass it off as armor and the hp pool of a wetnapkin.

Am i supposed to be teaching you how to play your class in between beating you in the warfronts?

Quote Originally Posted by MrFoxx View Post
    Only fair right?

I mean so what if i cant hold hate that well, i got some tank stuff and i got aoes, im good right, good enough right?
    So what if i cant take a hit, i got decent dps, its good right? Good enough right?

Ever since i started doing experts clerics have had the nerve to question my spec, my gear and i put up with it, fine i respec to the best tank spec there is, Paladin/vk/warlord, im fully commuted to the tank. So why are there next to Zero Purifiers, what the hell is this?

Your crappy heal over times arent going to keep me alive, why do i need a real tank spec and you can do some half arsed heal spec, and then try and blame me when you fail where another cleric doesnt.

Ive done experts for a while now and the only time ive wiped is when the cleric is spec warden/sentinel, note warden sent, not sent warden, but warden first, these guys who are stupid enough to think heal over time is better then big heals in experts have seriously gotten on my last nerve.

Yes this is a rage post, im tired of it, step up your game. If you are going to heal, then commit to it, if you dont have purifier/sent, or purifier/ward you are doing it wrong, period..

You cant argue with me, you are wrong, every group will have an off heal you dont need that much aoe, all you need to do is keep the tank alive, if you cant do that you are doing it wrong, period.

And if i can run experts with a cleric who is purifier and do EVERY Boss without incident it is not my gear, and i dont need more epics to make up for your weak heal over times, get a real spec, or go dps.

/endrant
    It all comes down to the individual playstyle. I heal either as 51 warden or 51 sent and have no problems in experts. I tried purifier and it just did not work well for me. Warden is not only a hot spec but those hots stacked up are healing for a lot while that big heal is being cast. Maybe instead of raging about healing specs, read up on them or even look at a soul tree calculator to see exactly what each of the 3 souls has (warden is not just hots) and keep in mind that even with 51 points into one tree there are still 2 more that add to our healing arsenal. You could have come across crappy healers other than said purifier but don't be closed minded on the other healing souls that have a purpose and do very well in experts if played correctly. It's so sad to see people demanding that clerics are only viable at 50 as healers and now some one is trying to demand that only purifiers are viable healers.

Rift Chaser

Wardens can heal just fine in T1, bit harder in T2. It comes down to playstyle. I personally prefer my puri/sent build.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by torm3nt View Post
    Wardens can heal just fine in T1, bit harder in T2. It comes down to playstyle. I personally prefer my puri/sent build.
    Ive had wardens tell me that several times..

Ive yet to have ANY of them prove it.
    * Petition: Team Death match mode for all warfront maps.

The biggest mistake I see mages and other range classes do is try to tank me, as a warrior. Are you insane? What makes you believe you can fight and survive me at melee range as a guy wearing a bedsheet with a belt trying to pass it off as armor and the hp pool of a wetnapkin.

Am i supposed to be teaching you how to play your class in between beating you in the warfronts?

Soulwalker

I've healed all T1 and T2 experts as 38 warden/28 sentinel. 0 issues with keeping tanks alive it's always dps standing in fire or failing in some other manner. The only time I couldn't keep a tank alive was because he had 10 toughness and was Paladin/Champion. IMO you're just being carried by great clerics. Either that or your sample size is so small that it does not encompass the majority of clerics healing.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFoxx View Post
    Ive had wardens tell me that several times..

Ive yet to have ANY of them prove it.
    What kind of proof do you need? The fact is, I heal t2s in a 51 point warden build and find it to be competitive or better.

Quote Originally Posted by Morek View Post
    What kind of proof do you need? The fact is, I heal t2s in a 51 point warden build and find it to be competitive or better.
    Most people are probably assuming you mean 1 heal.

By "heal" you mean "I have the Chloro/Other cleric deal with the hard part which is the burst damage on the tank while I dance and skip along placing near useless HoTs on people for the 90% of the fights where the group takes negligible damage that a Sent/Puri could handle"

Quote Originally Posted by Brolly View Post
    Most people are probably assuming you mean 1 heal.

By "heal" you mean "I have the Chloro/Other cleric deal with the hard part which is the burst damage on the tank while I dance and skip along placing near useless HoTs on people for the 90% of the fights where the group takes negligible damage that a Sent/Puri could handle"
    By "heal" i mean we have a bard as part of our 5 man, and I deluge through spike damage with hots rolling in anticipation.

It's like you've never played a warden past 30 or something!

Soulwalker

Default k....

A healer doesn't give a **** if you tank with no points spent in any spec what-so-ever. So long as you hold agro and don't get two shot. So tank with whatever works, because healers are going to do the same. However, most healers that want to succeed are going to spec accordingly and will adjust for every failure until their success rate is higher than their failure rate. You can also assume that any successful healer can hand you a fist full of stories about carrying a tank through a dungeon and how stupid stressful it was and how ungratefully rude everyone was to them when a wipe finally occurred.

But, as with most issues that are centered around the actions of players, posting a rant on the forum doesn't solve the issue.

To be fair, off healers can help immensely, to the point where a cleric can go full 51 Warden or full 51 Sent, and having a bard/Chloro/Justi in the party allows for great healing support.

However, you having a crap tank build and having the DPS, or off tank have more control of fights over you, the alleged MT, is not great, and causes wipes, and/or makes you useless.

::shrugs::

Telaran

Is this thread for real?
    I don't think you're qualified to judge cleric specs just because you've done some scrubby experts.
    Most likely you're doing something wrong.
    Last edited by Rakimou; 03-22-2011 at 11:29 PM.

Ascendant

Went ahead and reported you for trolling.

I solo heal most T1 (some exceptions on bosses only) and some T2 (a few scattered fights in AP, RD, CC) as 34/32/0 Puri/Sent/Ward or PvP soul (Break Free is an amazing crutch against, for example, being crystal'd against Majolic in AP).

The fact is, I have never had a Warden in a raid setting out heal me. I've DPS'd groups with a Warden main healer where the tank dies to trash. The thing I noticed with Warden, if people are taking AoE damage during a heavy tank damage fight, something is going to die. Puri/Sent doesn't have that issue because of Surging Flames, Latent Blaze, and the amazing crutch of macroing Healing Invocation with Touched by the Light and Flashover, for a one button heal that, if you time a proc with it, will hit the tank for 4.5k and splash the group for 50%(I think it's 50 now) of the overheal. Divine Call also. Fiery Blessing is a Serendipity proccing machine. Etc etc... the two trees synergize extremely well.

I actually prefer melee groups as this build as you constantly splash heals on the group and negate any cleave damage or boss AoE mechanic.

I think really good players can make a Warden build work, but I think really good players playing a Puri/Sent build will always come out ahead in PvE. From my raid experience, this has always been the case, and our Warden is a GREAT player. You just cant beat a 2k-4.5k Healing Invocation that splashes for 50% of the overheal to the whole party, or when in a raid, to 5 people over and over. Even HoT ticks that overheal will splash.

Just my experiences anyways.
    "The problem is that the people with the most ridiculous ideas are always the people who are most certain of them."

Bik

Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread